2021 New Staff (Complete... again)

Zeek

I don't blame Rocker if he left for a situation he thinks will benefit himself and his family in the long run. I also understand if Auburn writes him off for any future consideration in coaching. I doubt Harsin is concerned about, or has time for holding grudges. Whether anyone else on the staff or team is ill about it, that's a personal matter. Don't think it's any more complicated than that. 

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I don't expect a coach to show any loyalty, when they are rarely given any.  If you get what you perceive a better opportunity take it, you never know when your next opportunity or last day is gonna be.  Especially as an assistant coach.

It's funny how you can talk forever and someone else can say how you feel in a couple sentences

Just now, Barnacle said:

I don't blame Rocker if he left for a situation he thinks will benefit himself and his family in the long run. I also understand if Auburn writes him off for any future consideration in coaching. I doubt Harsin is concerned about, or has time for holding grudges. Whether anyone else on the staff or team is ill about it, that's a personal matter. Don't think it's any more complicated than that. 

Right. I guess the board people could but the fact they probably would is why they have sucked so bad and we needed to bring a guy in that could hire objectively in the first place

Coaches really do leave all the time. He could be leaving for a job he likes better and that pays more. There’s not a single person on this board that wouldn’t do the same. No one else in this world is going to take care of you; you really have to do it yourself. I can see why it rubs people the wrong way. Yeah you can now consider him a flight risk and I wouldn’t blame you. But there’s really no reason to be upset at the guy. Just take YOUR emotions out of it, cause they don’t matter to him or Coach Harsin either. It’s that simple

Just now, cole256 said:

Right. I guess the board people could but the fact they probably would is why they have sucked so bad and we needed to bring a guy in that could hire objectively in the first place

I mean, it is what it is. Just hope we can go and find a qualified replacement who will be good fit for what Harsin wants. 

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You just brought it up. Lol but 👌🏾 I guess just your line of work is relevant

???  I never mentioned perks but I digress...

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

In my field you won't get hired unless you aspire to move up and move up quickly. The odds of finding a good position coach that just want to be a position coach is extremely low

That is the thing though.  Rocker hasn't been moving up, he has stayed at DL coach.  He keeps moving laterally.

5 minutes ago, gctiger said:

???  I never mentioned perks but I digress...

Well I didn't mention the not eligible for rehire stuff 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That is the thing though.  Rocker hasn't been moving up, he has stayed at DL coach.  He keeps moving laterally.

This is true.  But NFL position coach > college position coach, both in prestige and in money.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think quite a few would say going to the NFL isn't a lateral move. I mean auburn is great but come on

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Also auburn would have no problem hiring a coach that did this to another school to come to us

This is a really good point. It's possible that Harsin would identify it as a character flaw or not even offer a guy in that situation, but it's not a crazy suggestion at all. 

10 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Coaches really do leave all the time. He could be leaving for a job he likes better and that pays more. There’s not a single person on this board that wouldn’t do the same. No one else in this world is going to take care of you; you really have to do it yourself. I can see why it rubs people the wrong way. Yeah you can now consider him a flight risk and I wouldn’t blame you. But there’s really no reason to be upset at the guy. Just take YOUR emotions out of it, cause they don’t matter to him or Coach Harsin either. It’s that simple

That's what I'm saying too. To me, if it's true, the fact that he gave us a chance to match shows all the respect in the world

Just now, cole256 said:

I think quite a few would say going to the NFL isn't a lateral move. I mean auburn is great but come on

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

This is true.  But NFL position coach > college position coach, both in prestige and in money.

What I was referring to was what Cole was saying in that he has stayed a position coach, not moving up to a DC or HC.  I do agree the NFL is more prestigious.

Just now, cole256 said:

That's what I'm saying too. To me, if it's true, the fact that he gave us a chance to match shows all the respect in the world

Exactly. If he really did that then he made every effort to stay at his alma mater and honor his contract. It seems to me his heart is in two places. Can’t blame a guy for that at all

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not when he was hired 2 weeks ago.  IMO it’s extremely disrespectful and I’d have told him to hit the road, the same as Harsin did.  

4 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Not when he was hired 2 weeks ago.  IMO it’s extremely disrespectful and I’d have told him to hit the road, the same as Harsin did.  

I sort of get that. I think everybody agrees that we know you don't like it

7 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

So,  Brody Reeder as analyst .   

I see you're ready to move this conversation to the I don't know who this guy is section😂

34 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Good point but I hope Auburn didn't pay his buyout at SC.  If they did then I hope it changes our prospective on paying those buyouts.

I wish we had the actual facts and numbers. Like what if it was an extra million. You guys saying because you said you'd start a job a week before you wouldn't take it? I don't really believe it to be honest

3 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Good point but I hope Auburn didn't pay his buyout at SC.  If they did then I hope it changes our prospective on paying those buyouts.

I can't imagine that we'd be left hanging the hook, even if we did buy it out. If we are, Auburn can call me, because they need new lawyers. 

Was looking up DL coaches that would be a good hire and saw this guy. Jess Simpson (not to be confused with Jessica Simpson). He was the head coach at Buford HS in GA for 12 years and won 7 state titles. Then went to GA State to be DL coach, then to ATL Falcons, then to the University of Miami, then back to the Falcons for the past 2 years, and now is back at Miami as DL coach and Associate HC as of last week. I was impressed with his resume, and then I saw he was an AU grad who played here. I wonder if we ever gave him a look or if we will now (not just because he’s an AU guy). With that being said, if we did, he would be doing Miami just like Rocker just did us, as he signed with them this month. 

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I actually think this is a great example how you can disagree and discuss it and it not be a personal or negative thing. We're talking and he respects me and I respect him and we're just backing our thoughts and points. Absolutely no anger

I know. It was sort of tongue in cheek. I knew y’all wouldn’t listen to me anyway. 😝 

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

I know. It was sort of tongue in cheek. I knew y’all wouldn’t listen to me anyway. 😝 

I thought it may be you were looking out for me. You thinking ok Cole you're talking to an admin you get in one of your moods we'll see you later ✌🏾😂

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I thought it may be you were looking out for me. You thinking ok Cole you're talking to an admin you get in one of your moods we'll see you later ✌🏾😂

Hey I’m just trying to learn from you on holding your own in a debate brother.

Archived