2021 New Staff (Complete... again)

Zeek

11 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yeah, Wooten is in the 230 range as is Steiner. I imagine they will try to get Moultry around 235 as well.

I think Tisdol is 230-ish as well

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Keneche Udeze (Vanderbilt) has emerged as an alternative to T-Will he had some NFL experience before battling leukemia and he has worked with DL/Edge/Strength & Conditioning before

Aaron Moorehead (Philadelphia Eagles) has emerged as another WR name to watch. Five years as an NFL WR and he's spent time in the SEC as a coach previously. Philly firing their HC has freed him up as a candidate.

PM and a few other message board staff members have been floating these names.

Udeze might be a step down from T-Will but his work with both Edge and OLB players is interesting. Nice to have NFL experience as well. Moorehead feels like a big win as well; most of the WR names we've heard have felt like good choices. It's a position coach Harsin obviously views as being incredibly important.

I guess you can add Jacob Peeler to the WR crowd, too. Seen his name pop up some last weekend, but it didn't make much sense since he's an OC now even tho it's at Texas St. 

Harsin is definitely being very thorough.

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

It’s now been several days since the last coach was announced. Is it likely at this point that Burns and Twill are the last two coaches?

That may be the case but seeing that they announced Caddy it seems like they would continued that pattern if they had landed the decision.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I do not want Twill recruiting at a place like UF

Me either, but a mans gotta pay the bills somehow and if he is not being retained...

1 minute ago, Paladin said:

I still want Petagna from Oregon but it looks like we're keeping out current Player Personnel person 

Wonder how much longer it will take before a new Outside linebacker coach will be hired. I'm still hoping T-Will will be retained. BTW, what other coaches have y'all heard?

52 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Turns out he’s been working for two weeks and nobody knew! Dang this new staff can keep a secret.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:55 AM, Zeek said:

Separating this from my player Addition and Attrition thread:

Coaching Staff (Previous--->New)

HC | Gus Malzahn --->    Bryan Harsin

OC | Chad Morris --->    Mike Bobo

QB | Chad Morris --->   Mike Bobo

RB | Carnell Williams --->   STAYING

WR | Kodi Burns ---> Cornelius Williams

TE-HB | Larry Porter --->   Brad Bedell (Co-OL)

OL | Jack Bicknell Jr. --->   Will Friend

-------------------------------

DC | Kevin Steele --->    Derek Mason

DL | Rodney Garner --->   Tracy Rocker

LB | Travis Williams --->   Jeff Schmedding (ILB & Run-D Coordinator)

DB | Wesley McGriff --->   Zac Etheridge (CB coach) & Derek Mason (expected to coach Safeties)

D Assistant | Al Pogue ---> 

ST | Larry Porter ---> Jeff Schmedding (ran ST at Boise)

SC | Ryan Russell --->    Jeff Pitman

***Brad Larrondo (Associate AD & Football Administration & Chief of Staff)***

***Darren Uscher selected as Director of Recruiting***

Two spots to fill:

1) Edge/Buck/OLB

2) WR

Still lacking one , correct??

20 hours ago, Zeek said:

Can we announce TWill like now please 

I suspect they may have had a problem with the assistant DC title with TWill. I believe that was his title. Just a thought.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:55 AM, Zeek said:

Separating this from my player Addition and Attrition thread:

Coaching Staff (Previous--->New)

HC | Gus Malzahn --->    Bryan Harsin

OC | Chad Morris --->    Mike Bobo

QB | Chad Morris --->   Mike Bobo

RB | Carnell Williams --->   STAYING

WR | Kodi Burns ---> Cornelius Williams

TE-HB | Larry Porter --->   Brad Bedell (Co-OL)

OL | Jack Bicknell Jr. --->   Will Friend

DC | Kevin Steele --->    Derek Mason

DL | Rodney Garner --->   Tracy Rocker

LB | Travis Williams --->   Jeff Schmedding (ILB & Run-D Coordinator)

DB | Wesley McGriff --->   Zac Etheridge (CB coach) & Derek Mason (expected to coach Safeties)

D Assistant | Al Pogue ---> 

ST | Larry Porter ---> Jeff Schmedding (ran ST at Boise)

SC | Ryan Russell --->    Jeff Pitman

***Brad Larrondo (Associate AD & Football Administration & Chief of Staff)***

***Darren Uscher selected as Director of Recruiting***

Two spots to fill:

1) Edge/Buck/OLB

2) WR

Please excuse my ignorance, does Pitman count toward the 10 “on the field” coaching positions?

I like the staff that CBH has put together.  Seems to be a good group of motivated, got something to prove type guys, plus Rocker.  Excited to see it all come together.   Like most of us, I was not familiar with several of the names, but they all seem to be transecting in an upward manner as far as most of the assistants.  DC and OC are well established as is Rocker and Mason clearly wanted him on his staff.

I like the young guys and their familiarity with the Southeast for recruiting.  Friend, Mason and Rocker have plenty of Southeast connections as well with Mason having National connections.  The Boise gang and Etheridge have ties to Texas as well.  The fact that our recruiting department is gonna expand to be the proper size to compete against our rivals is exciting.  The fact that talent evaluations and decisions are gonna be more thorough is all exciting.

Coach CBH has the desire to be the greatest and is not content with being good and job security.  He has the mentality of what I have been wanting in a head coach for quite some time and I am excited!!!!!

On 1/17/2021 at 9:05 AM, auburnphan said:

I like the staff that CBH has put together.  Seems to be a good group of motivated, got something to prove type guys, plus Rocker.  Excited to see it all come together.   Like most of us, I was not familiar with several of the names, but they all seem to be transecting in an upward manner as far as most of the assistants.  DC and OC are well established as is Rocker and Mason clearly wanted him on his staff.

I like the young guys and their familiarity with the Southeast for recruiting.  Friend, Mason and Rocker have plenty of Southeast connections as well with Mason having National connections.  The Boise gang and Etheridge have ties to Texas as well.  The fact that our recruiting department is gonna expand to be the proper size to compete against our rivals is exciting.  The fact that talent evaluations and decisions are gonna be more thorough is all exciting.

Coach CBH has the desire to be the greatest and is not content with being good and job security.  He has the mentality of what I have been wanting in a head coach for quite some time and I am excited!!!!!

I get the same feeling but only time will tell for sure.  Here is hoping you are right because if you are we are in a great position to take off.   Tenn imploded, Kirby may have to be more careful recruiting becaue of what happened at Tenn., Nick is not getting any younger, The Miss schools have coaches with unique styles but I just can't see either taking off.  The proof is in the pudding was LSU team this year an aberration because of the number who went to NFL or opted out becaue of Covid or will they find the right assistant coaches and come back strong., Finally is A&M about to turn the corner or will they always look like this is the year then something happen.

BMarcello says Harsin has never said a word to Rodney Garner. Says TWill hasn't heard from him since bowl week.

Archived