2021 New Staff (Complete... again)

Zeek

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Love this tweet from JFerg. A lot to be said for guys who were successful in higher level roles at mid-majors. 

Now do his second season 😬😬😬.

Somewhat kidding but I think someone said it went up...but only to 30, which is still good

• Zeek changed the title to 2021 New Staff (On-Field Positions Completed)

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/13/2021 at 11:55 AM, Zeek said:

Head Coach

Bryan Harsin (from Boise State)

---------------------------------------------

Offensive Coordinator & QB Coach

Mike Bobo (from South Carolina)

Offensive Line Coach

Will Friend (from Tennessee/South Carolina)

Running Backs Coach

Cadillac Williams (only retained coach)

Wide Receivers Coach

Cornelius Williams (from Troy)

H-Back/TE & Co-OL Coach

Brad Bedell (from Boise State)

------------------------------------------

Defensive Coordinator & Safeties Coach

Derek Mason (from Vanderbilt)

Defensive Line Coach

Tracy Rocker (from South Carolina)

Inside Linebackers Coach & Run Game Coordinator

Jeff Schmedding (from Boise State)

Outside Linebackers Coach & Special Teams Coordinator

Bert Watts (from Memphis)

Cornerbacks Coach

Zac Etheridge (from Houston)

--------------------------------------------

Associate AD & Football Chief of Staff

Brad Larrondo (from Boise State)

Strength & Conditioning Coach

Jeff Pitman (from Boise State)

Director of Recruiting

Darren Uscher (from Boise State)

I'll add links in a little bit but this is it!

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'm worried about @Zeeki know he won't like this hire! 🤣😂🤭

I made a thread go see it!

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean, sure.  but their entire class is 3* kids.  So judging him off 1 year, doing exactly what they've always done, is why I'm asking the question.  How does his 1 class at Memphis show he's a great recruiter

Ok I get your point.  I wasn’t the one that said he’s a great recruiter and would agree with you I see nothing that would make me think he is.  At the same time I see nothing that tells me he is not or won’t be at AU.

5 minutes ago, dilligas said:

At the same time I see nothing that tells me he is not or won’t be at AU.

Agree. He's an unknown at this level a lot on this staff.  Doesn't mean he can't be good.  Now go solidify that ILB from GA

Set the last hire goes just about like every other hire... good coach nobody saw coming. I think Harsin is going to run a tight ship and there will not be a lot of inside information getting out. Looks to me like the good old boy network is gone.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Now do his second season 😬😬😬.

Somewhat kidding but I think someone said it went up...but only to 30, which is still good

When you see jumps like that it's usually a coaching change, scheme change, or a lot of new/players.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When you see jumps like that it's usually a coaching change, scheme change, or a lot of new/players.

Yeah, I'm not really going to worry about some spike in year 2 of Fresno....oddly no one brought up what happened in year 3?

He seems to be constantly moving up, hopefully he can recruit and develop well.  Feel like the defensive side is a little light on proven recruiters vs the offensive side.  Hopefully they can get up to speed quickly

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, I'm not really going to worry about some spike in year 2 of Fresno....oddly no one brought up what happened in year 3?

He seems to be constantly moving up, hopefully he can recruit and develop well.  Feel like the defensive side is a little light on proven recruiters vs the offensive side.  Hopefully they can get up to speed quickly

I noticed that a little earlier and actually wondered if Harsin was more comfortable letting the offensive assistance be recruiting focused because he will be more personally involved in the coaching on offense, while on defense he wanted more assistance whose primary skillset was coaching over recruiting.  That idea is almost certainly "reading too much into it", but it did cross my mind.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Look at Steele’s D this year compared to his previous years. 

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Look at Steele’s D this year compared to his previous years. 

Thats why I'm not too worried about it.

Had two good seasons.

29 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

How many positions do we need to fill off-field? And what do y’all think the timeline is for those hires? 

Hopefully we're hiring a ton of off the field staff 

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hopefully we're hiring a ton of off the field staff 

I think Jeremy Pruitt, Tom Herman, Will Muschamp, and Bob Stoops will all be off-field analysts. Their meeting will be overseen by holograms of Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi. Pat Dye will be summoned by ouija board to give an inspirational message once a week. At least, this is what a4e suggested would happen.....

Good listen to the boys, Kozan and Dismukes, as they interview former AU lineman Will Adams who transferred to Boise and played under Harsin.

ETA - moved this to its own thread.

Archived