2021 New Staff (Complete... again)

Zeek

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

That's kinda where I am coming from.  Handshakes, giving your word, oaths of office - these things used to mean more....  

Yep, My parents taught me that at an early age

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I do concur.  100%   And I am disappointed in people, a lot.  I am not surprised, but disappointed.  Honestly, people are quite overrated.  But less I digress.

A good dog is hard to beat. I like my dogs and horse more than 99 percent of all humans.

I find it interesting how upset people are about this situation. I completely understand the disappointment of losing a coach not even two weeks after hiring them. However, no one seemed terribly upset by this concept when we hired Friend. The situation feels incredibly similar. I don't know if Friend had a "2-3 year commitment" talk with SC, but I am pretty sure they intended to keep him more than 2 weeks. We don't really have much of a leg to stand on and say that Rocker should stay when we are responsible for an almost identical situation less than a month ago.

I don't love that Rocker left, but to run his name through the mud feels excessive. He decided to leave and that is all there is to it. If he did have that "2-3 year commitment" talk with Harsin and came back 10 days later saying he was considering leaving, Harsin was right to tell him to take the other job. If that is Rocker's response to the situation, why try and fight to keep him. Rocker is making the best choice from his perspective just like Friend did to leave SC before he ever coached there.

16 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I would have just agreed to say War Eagle and move on, but you felt a need to throw a childish jab in the debate so now I am compelled to respond. I have no tolerance for people like you. Anytime someone disagrees you have to try and throw insults around with your little jabs. That's why we as a people are so divided now. People cannot stand to let other folks have a different view point without bashing them, calling them names, or throwing a little jab in there. I have been nothing but respectful to you and I expect the same. I might have said your argument was absurd, or your logic of the argument, but never a direct insult about you or whatever level of intelligence you have.

You want to bring up common sense...well let's just review your response. You say I see it in a completely negative light. I have not given you any indication of seeing it negative. I see it for what it is. He took a job that he feels is better suited for him after agreeing to contract with AU. He also used that job to try and get more money than originally negotiated from AU. That is neither negative nor positive, my friend. That is fact.

You then said I refuse to see that there may have been more to it. I believe I conceded that it probably wasn't an easy decision and I am sure he put a lot of thought into it. End result, he still broke his contract. 

You say I compared my job to coaching football which is completely false. I took your argument that if he was "looking for a reason to stay."..all he had to do is say no to the NFL. He didn't have to ask AU to match. If you want to be a place...you do not have take a phone call. If you do take the call as a courtesy, you can turn it down. Whether a burger flipper at the local Whataburger or an Football coach....he did as he wanted. IF he wanted to stay at AU we wouldn't be having this conversation. That is the argument of yours I said is absurd and flawed. He decided he wanted to be at Philly more than he does AU. Whether it was the money, the city, the prestige that comes with an NFL coaching job, etc, he chose to go rather than honor his commitment. I understand that this is a more common practice in the coaching world as we have poached a couple guys to come here from other schools, that is why I am said multiple times....I am not hating on him. (that means I do not hold it against him for those with little to no common sense). I also have stated multiple times that he did not honor his commitment, nor his contract. That is fact. Whether you deem it positive or negative. 

Good day to you. War Eagle.

I’m not reading all of that. War Eagle

In regards to a new DL coach, I would be looking for someone with experience in the SEC. A guy with NFL experience would be huge but hard to find. How would you feel about some of the names below? it will probably someone we have no clue about but fun to speculate. I have no inside info. 

Tosh Lopoi - Falcons (not sure he will take a DL only job)

Brick Haley - Mizzou, LSU, Texas

Vic So'oto - USC

Craig Kuligowski - at Toledo now, mizzou and bama in past 

Jimmy Brumbaugh - SEC experience

Rory Segrest - with napier right now, been at uga and arkansas. Also with eagles.

Chris Wilson - at colorado, been at several SEC schools. Also coached with eagles.

Brian Williams - at maryland, FSU and uga. Also was at UAB when they rebuilt the program. 

33 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

In regards to a new DL coach, I would be looking for someone with experience in the SEC. A guy with NFL experience would be huge but hard to find. How would you feel about some of the names below? it will probably someone we have no clue about but fun to speculate. I have no inside info. 

Vic So'oto - USC

Rory Segrest - with napier right now, been at uga and arkansas. Also with eagles.

Chris Wilson - at colorado, been at several SEC schools. Also coached with eagles.

Brian Williams - at maryland, FSU and uga. Also was at UAB when they rebuilt the program. 

Good list. I can't see Brumbaugh's name without wanting to punch Hines Ward.

37 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

IJimmy Brumbaugh - SEC experience

I played Jr. High football with Jimmy at Keystone Heights, and believe it or not he played RB and DT.  ran about 6-2/250 in the 8th grade.  Though I can vouch for my inability to tackle him, I can not, by virtue of ignorance of the subject, vouch for his coaching abilities.  

2 hours ago, ChristoThor said:

I find it interesting how upset people are about this situation. I completely understand the disappointment of losing a coach not even two weeks after hiring them. However, no one seemed terribly upset by this concept when we hired Friend. The situation feels incredibly similar. I don't know if Friend had a "2-3 year commitment" talk with SC, but I am pretty sure they intended to keep him more than 2 weeks. We don't really have much of a leg to stand on and say that Rocker should stay when we are responsible for an almost identical situation less than a month ago.

I don't love that Rocker left, but to run his name through the mud feels excessive. He decided to leave and that is all there is to it. If he did have that "2-3 year commitment" talk with Harsin and came back 10 days later saying he was considering leaving, Harsin was right to tell him to take the other job. If that is Rocker's response to the situation, why try and fight to keep him. Rocker is making the best choice from his perspective just like Friend did to leave SC before he ever coached there.

The fact that he is an alum is the key to this. Take that out and I'm sure there would be a different view from many. Friend didn't play and coach here before and leave then come back then leave again. 

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hope we pursue Terry Price at TAMU. 

Wishful thinking IMO but maybe he is ready for a change in scenery. 

1 hour ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Vic So'oto - USC

Give me #1 or #3 and Im ecstatic. Not sold on Jimmy Brumbaugh. 

3 hours ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Vic So'oto - USC

If CBH stays true to form, it will be none of these guys, but still a great hire.  

20 hours ago, Beaker said:

I'd like to see Terry Price rejoin Auburn's staff. Terry did a really good job when he was here before.

I keep ready different reports on Tracy Rocker. Some reports say he's going to be the DL coach for the Eagles. But others says hes staying on Auburn's staff. Which is true? I'd appreciate any insight on this matter. Thank you.

For once I have to agree with auburn4ever.  I may have missed it but I have not seen anything official that Rocker took the job and is gone. I have not seen an announcement from Auburn or the Eagles has anybody else seen something official and if so please point me to it.

He is probably gone but it is strange that no official announcement.

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

For once I have to agree with auburn4ever.  I may have missed it but I have not seen anything official that Rocker took the job and is gone. I have not seen an announcement from Auburn or the Eagles has anybody else seen something official and if so please point me to it.

He is probably gone but it is strange that no official announcement.

Its official:

Harsin, who joined me and Lee Shirvanian on “The Opening Kickoff” on WNSP-FM 105.5 in Mobile, said Rocker has moved on from Auburn.

“He is gone,” Harsin said. “We are pursuing D-line coaches. Hopefully - there is no timetable - sooner rather than later. I enjoyed getting to know him in the interview process when he was here. He’s an Auburn alum, and a guy that is very well respected.

“He took an opportunity in the NFL. We’ll find the right person to come in here and coach D-line.”

17 minutes ago, metafour said:

Its official:

Thank you I asked and you answered I did notice what you sent was from earlier today. 

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Thank you I asked and you answered I did notice what you sent was from earlier today. 

Okay. But is this Harsin guy a reliable source.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I keep ready different reports on Tracy Rocker. Some reports say he's going to be the DL coach for the Eagles. But others says hes staying on Auburn's staff. Which is true? I'd appreciate any insight on this matter. Thank you.

Hardin said on radio this morning that he has left for NFL.

Archived