2021 New Staff (Complete... again)

Zeek

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tony4AU said:

WR and Defense spots left

Two names for WR that I haven’t seen are Eric Kiesau from Boise St and Bush Hamdan from Missouri.  Both could be WR/QB Coach.  

I haven't seen those names at all?

Tee Martin, McClendon, Craig, and Wyatt are the names I've heard there.

Weirdly enough I've heard absolutely nothing for the last defensive spot.

Dukes has been saying to others coaches are being evaluated for olb who have more ST and Pass Rush experience than TWill. If one can not be found that has the same recruiting pedigree as TWill then it will be TWill. I say let another position coach coach ST. That shouldn’t matter when evaluating the OLB spot. They won’t find a better recruiter than TWill. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Yeah strange for that last defense opening

52 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Dukes has been saying to others coaches are being evaluated for olb who have more ST and Pass Rush experience than TWill. If one can not be found that has the same recruiting pedigree as TWill then it will be TWill. I say let another position coach coach ST. That shouldn’t matter when evaluating the OLB spot. They won’t find a better recruiter than TWill. 

Schmedding is the most logical choice to coach STs. Going to be interesting to see what direction they go for the last spot on defense for sure.

Since T-Will hasn't been mentioned in a good while, maybe coach Harsin will hire Tosh Lupoi to coach OLB's/Special Teams and Bryan McClendon to coach WR's.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

A lot of assumptions being thrown around here. Could be it is still the interview process and nothing is finalized. Does CBH really sound like a BSer to you ? 

I am just asking questions. Not assuming anything. This thing with t will is puzzling.  I don't know enough about CBH to distinguish if he is a BSer or not. That is still to be determined.

3 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I am just asking questions. Not assuming anything. This thing with t will is puzzling.  I don't know enough about CBH to distinguish if he is a BSer or not. That is still to be determined.

Based on his hires and the way he is going about things right now should’ve helped you determine that at this point. If T will fits what CBH and Derek Mason wants in their vision , he will be here. If not, he won’t be. There is no reason to over think this stuff 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Based on his hires and the way he is going about things right now should’ve helped you determine that at this point. If T will fits what CBH and Derek Mason wants in their vision , he will be here. If not, he won’t be. There is no reason to over think this stuff 

Okay, gotcha. 

The whole Schmedding thing confuses me. If Twill is retained to coach OLB and Schmedding takes over ST why didn’t we just make him the ST coordinator and give Twill full control of the linebackers.

4 minutes ago, blakem said:

The whole Schmedding thing confuses me. If Twill is retained to coach OLB and Schmedding takes over ST why didn’t we just make him the ST coordinator and give Twill full control of the linebackers.

Pay scale would be my guess

2 minutes ago, blakem said:

Bc special team coordinators are still assigned a position group and Harsin identified Schmedding as his guy. He can and has coached STs, but doesn't mean that's the plan, atm.

If TWill is retained it's not a totally bad thing to get him out of his comfort zone to help him develop as a coach. 

20 minutes ago, blakem said:

I highly doubt a guy who was the Boise DC last couple of seasons and called the defensive plays would just accept being the ST coordinator.

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Bush Hamden was a name that was circulating soon after we hired Harsin because he used to work with Harsin at Arkansas State and Boise. He is rumored to be the play caller at Mizzou even though there is no official OC title on staff at Mizzou so I doubt he would come here just to be the WR coach. Strong recruiter and WR or QB coach. Done both and done both very well. Was Petersen's WR coach at Washington then OC.

2014 was Bobo's last season as Georgia's OC. Hutson Mason was a average talent. Very very impressive job by Bobo here.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I highly doubt a guy who was the Boise DC last couple of seasons and called the defensive plays would just accept being the ST coordinator.

My understanding was he was Boise’s ST guy and they were a very good ST team. Why not put the guy in there that’s done a good job before.

3 minutes ago, blakem said:

My understanding was he was Boise’s ST guy and they were a very good ST team. Why not put the guy in there that’s done a good job before.

What I am saying I doubt he would agree to JUST be the ST coach and nothing more.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Some of these posts have made a lot more irritable than I already am. I am slowly going metafour. Like common sense 

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So we just gonna leave Al Pogue listed as an analyst when he was an on the field coach? 

It works for Saban. Why not. 

8 hours ago, blakem said:

Looks to me as though Hardin really wanted Schmedding coaching linebackers even though might lose TWill.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bush Hamden was a name that was circulating soon after we hired Harsin because he used to work with Harsin at Arkansas State and Boise. He is rumored to be the play caller at Mizzou even though there is no official OC title on staff at Mizzou so I doubt he would come here just to be the WR coach. Strong recruiter and WR or QB coach. Done both and done both very well. Was Petersen's WR coach at Washington then OC.

Oh I've heard the names but not for the WR position is what I'm saying.

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So we just gonna leave Al Pogue listed as an analyst when he was an on the field coach? 

https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/coaches

You're welcome to see what he's listed as on the official website. Assistant and Analyst are interchangeable.

Archived