2022 Recruiting Thread

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 Offer & Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Sweet Baby Idaho Drag Racing Jobu, let us show up and play well Saturday. I have no illusions about winning but please please please let us give these recruits something to think about.

Updated October 11th, 2021 The UGA game had a serious impact on a number of recruits and targets who finally got to experience JHS at fully capacity and noise.    Quarterback (Done) 

Posted Images

4* 2022 RB

NR 2022 JUCO OT he's 6-9 360 pounds

3* OG from Texas 

3* Safety from Georgia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On Shaz Preston it says we made his top 105. Sure it’s a typo but it’s got a star by it , so maybe not.

May be 5* weak side def end?

Edited by toddc
1 hour ago, toddc said:

On Shaz Preston it says we made his top 105. Sure it’s a typo but it’s got a star by it , so maybe not.

Yeah, looks like 5* WDE Jeremaih Alexander needs to be moved down under DEs.

9 hours ago, toddc said:

Fixed, thank you.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, tsande07 said:
9 hours ago, toddc said:

Yeah, looks like 5* WDE Jeremaih Alexander needs to be moved down under DEs.

Fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Fixed, thank you.

Not being picky but I know you want it right.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Does LSU even have a DC yet? 

Not yet. Looks like Barry Odom may be the next man up. Just read an article Oregeron said he doesn't have a timetable for hiring somebody.

https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/15/lsu-tigers-coach-ed-orgeron-gives-update-on-defensive-coordinator-search/

Edited by Paladin
2 hours ago, Paladin said:

Not yet. Looks like Barry Odom may be the next man up what. Just read an article Oregeron said he doesn't have a timetable for hiring somebody.

https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/15/lsu-tigers-coach-ed-orgeron-gives-update-on-defensive-coordinator-search/

I wonder if their message boards are melting like ours?

Eston Harris is a perfect example of what was wrong with our O-Line recruiting. He is in our own backyard and until a new coaching administration we were not on him at all.

Look at this time line from 247 UK, Miami, Indiana, Oregon, Missouri all offer him. 6'6" 280 pounds moves well but we were not in on him.  

image.thumb.png.2ca680e077b3bf8eb09794d1a5828412.png

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

Damari Alston is a 2022 4* RB we’re talking to. Looks like Caddie is liking this kid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Eston Harris is a perfect example of what was wrong with our O-Line recruiting. He is in our own backyard and until a new coaching administration we were not on him at all.

Look at this time line from 247 UK, Miami, Indiana, Oregon, Missouri all offer him. 6'6" 280 pounds moves well but we were not in on him.  

image.thumb.png.2ca680e077b3bf8eb09794d1a5828412.png

Inexplicable

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Paladin said:

@bigbird

Know anything about him?

Sorry, no. Mansfield is a little out of my area. Plays at a good program though and has good size as a Junior

• Thanks 1

Can someone create an Eston Harris three? He’s a three star OT in the 2022 class. Jeffrey Lee has a free article&  says he’s a high priority. I’m kind of busy with work right now.

2022 in-state 4-star prospect getting early attention from new Auburn staff

by Jason Caldwell

29 minutes ago

MOBILE, Alabama—At 6-2, 210 pounds, class of 2022 football prospect Shemar James from Faith Academy is ranked as a 4-star recruit by 247Sports as a wide receiver, but it’s at another position that he has already been contacted by Coach Bryan Harsin and the new staff for the Auburn Tigers. Playing multiple positions on both sides of the ball as a junior, James caught 34 passes for 453 yards and seven touchdowns, carried the ball 44 times for 249 yards and five touchdowns, and added 66 tackles, 10 tackles for a loss, six sacks, an interception and a blocked kick on defense.

It’s the numbers on defense that made Auburn linebacker coach Jeff Schemming  take notice when he turned on video from James’ junior season.

“The inside linebacker coach, Coach Schmedding, he was actually the first person I talked to,” James said. “He told me to call him probably the day he got to Auburn. He told me they wanted to re-offer me after they watched my film and I was actually the first film he watched as soon as he got there.

“He told me he came to Auburn because he knows about the winning tradition and just the way they play football. I talked to the head coach, too. He made a good first impression. I hope I did as well. I haven’t really talked to him much, but it seems like he’s going to be a great coach up there at Auburn.”

Already with more than a dozen offers from programs such as Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Ole Miss, Penn State, South Carolina and Tennessee, James has been a priority recruit for several teams already. Getting that first look and such early attention from Auburn was something that really stood out to him after those early phone conversations.

“That means a lot,” James said. “I don’t know how many people they offered in the 2022 class, but for me to be the first film they watched that shows that I’m a priority.” 

Playing all over the field is something that James said he believes will give him an advantage when he is on defense. With linebackers now having to play outside of the box and in coverage at times, he said being familiar with what wide receivers do and think can help him on the next level.

247 Profile

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1
  • toddc changed the title to 2022 4* DB Landon Hullaby
  • ellitor changed the title to 2022 Recruiting Thread
  • ellitor pinned this topic