2022 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Napier was never close to be offered

Paladin, you do a great job finding these and getting them out to us. We all appreciate your work.  

Well we must REALLY want this guy if we have given him 8 offers

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

A non-commitable offer doesn’t sound like an offer.  It’s more a contingency.  “We offer you a spot in line for a scholarship if we can’t get players we want more to commit.”  This explains how a team can have a 100 or more offers extended for 25 spots.  I realize this is how it’s been done since the NCAA set scholarship limits 50 years or so ago, but it still doesn’t seem like a real offer to me.

A lot of time they are offered with certain stipulations that must be met before becoming committable. Things such as grades, weight, and/or production.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A lot of time they are offered with certain stipulations that must be met before becoming committable. Things such as grades, weight, and/or production.

That makes it more worthwhile to me and makes great sense.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, dilligas said:

That makes it more worthwhile to me and makes great sense.  Thanks!

Part of the evaluation process I was talking about in my post.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Part of the evaluation process I was talking about in my post.

Birds answer was a take.  Yours Ellitor was quite good.  I’m definitely intrigued but I need to see a bit more from you before I can make a commutable offer.

• Haha 1
Just now, dilligas said:

Birds answer was a take.  Yours Ellitor was quite good.  I’m definitely intrigued but I need to see a bit more from you before I can make a commutable offer.

Commitable 

also have to factor in there are many offers that were at one time commitable, but due to needs and numbers either in total or at the position changing, are no longer commitable. 

So we should change the way we announce these types of offers to "Auburn has contacted the parents of Joe Prospect and requested permissions to begin a formal courtship"?

;-)

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

also have to factor in there are many offers that were at one time commitable, but due to needs and numbers either in total or at the position changing, are no longer commitable. 

@AUMicBKit usually doesn’t work that way. It usually works from offers going from noncommittable to be committable.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUMicBKit usually doesn’t work that way. It usually works from offers going from noncommittable to be committable.

the example i'm making is, say early on we've offered 20 of the top wide receivers, all committable at the time.  we land 4 of them and have other greater pending needs...now, those other WR offers are no longer committable.  

10 minutes ago, AUMicBK said:

say early on we've offered 20 of the top wide receivers, all committable at the time

@AUMicBK Usually not the case out of the gate. Of the 20 only a few will be immediately committable. The rest are contingent based on things like growth, development, grades, character checks, & where they sit on the board. There are a select few you offer with the intent to take immediately. The rest are to get the foot in the door to evaluate further in case you want to take them later.

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/Player/Myles-Pollard-46085804/ 
6’2” db from Tennessee 

He really likes CDM a lot from his coaching  time at Vanderbilt .

Tennessee might be hard to beat though.

Not sure if he’s got a thread or already posted here or not. He recently put AU in his top teams after not including them before his offer in March.

38 minutes ago, toddc said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Myles-Pollard-46085804/ 
6’2” db from Tennessee 

He really likes CDM a lot from his coaching  time at Vanderbilt .

Tennessee might be hard to beat though.

Not sure if he’s got a thread or already posted here or not. He recently put AU in his top teams after not including them before his offer in March.

@toddc  there’s not a thread on him. Don’t know if he’s a take. Not every recruit Keith writes about is a take.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Umm @toddc It's a private group. People can't see the post unless they join the group. Can you copy/paste the actual post instead of the link to it.

Try it again. I thought I posted the link I changed it to. Thanks for telling me brother.

Edited by toddc
4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Nicholas Singleton 6-0, 210 from Reading, Pa. Auburn made his cut of 9 schools. Of those 9, 3 are from the SEC. Auburn, Texas A&M and Alabama.

@auburn4ever Auburn likes him a lot but AU is a longshot for him. The 2 most likely RBs in our class as of now are Quinshon Judkins & Justin Williams (If we offer him).

While the number of players who have committed to the 22 class is not great yet.  I like the direction it seems to be going. We have a QB who is a high 3* and if he keeps showing out in camps and has another great season will be 4*. We have offered a lot of 3* and 4* O-Linemen we have a highly rated 3* LB from Auburn I expect to become a 4*. Stinson a 3* Athlete who is tearing it up in track.  We have offered a lot of DB's and are working on a couple of RB's. 

The reason I like the direction is we seem to be getting in early on a lot of 3* players who I think are currently underrated and most I expect to become 4*'s.  Because this is a new staff in their 1st year recruiting for Auburn it will be very difficult for them to pull in the elite players who other staff's may have been recruiting for 2 or more years. I am not saying we forget the elites this year but we have a solid plan for if we lose out on an elite player. To do this they have to have an eye for talent that they believe can become elite but are not rated that way yet. guys like Geriner, Judkins, Stinson, Gordon. These players show that this staff has an eye for talent. 

• Like 4

Demario Tolan 4*
https://247sports.com/Player/DeMario-Tolan-46110362/

OLB  6’3” 205lbs out of Florida 
Auburn is factored in his recruitment with Coach Shmedding and CDM both speaking to him recently and has had a virtual tour that went well!

• HIGH SCHOOLTohopekaliga High 
  • HOME TOWNKissimmee, FL
  • CLASS 2022

0CCB0F9A-0650-4E7E-8054-6D56E27246DA.jpeg

Edited by toddc
  • ellitor changed the title to 2022 Recruiting Thread