Null

2022 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

If last year taught me anything it’s not to look at next years class until we’re at least halfway through the football season. We were projected to have a top 10 ‘21 class before the UGA game. At lot of “commits” will de commit before December. We’ve gotta put out a good impression on the field this fall 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If last year taught me anything it’s not to look at next years class until we’re at least halfway through the football season. We were projected to have a top 10 ‘21 class before the UGA game. At lot of “commits” will de commit before December. We’ve gotta put out a good impression on the field this fall 

Last years class falling apart was a combination of not putting a great product on the field and the fact that it became increasingly obvious that Gus was going to be shown the door, then he was shown the door.  If Gus had stayed we would have had a better class but a worse future.  The new staff will try and make what they can of this years class.  As to how good a product we put on the field it will be hard to predict. We will be looking for transfers but there is a possibility that after Spring we could have more players transfer.  I would have to see who is on the team come June before I could even begin to guess how competitive we will be. We really need Spring Football this year. 

I would love to see a great season this year but we have a lot of holes to fill and a new system.

Anyone posted anything about this Joko Willis kid? JUCo #2 linebacker. Good vip article by KN.

We haven’t offered yet but sounds like we’re talking to him.

Edited by toddc

15 minutes ago, toddc said:

Anyone posted anything about this Joko Willis kid? JUCo #2 linebacker. Good vip article by KN.

We haven’t offered yet but sounds like we’re talking to him.

I posted an article by Jeffrey Lee in the 2021 Recruiting thread.

17 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I posted an article by Jeffrey Lee in the 2021 Recruiting thread.

That’s 😞 I can’t believe I’m posting in the wrong thread. Thanks man. Old age is killing me.

18 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

#1 OT in the country. I would like to buy this guy some chick fil a... 

Just make sure there's actual food in the bag 😏

GIT R DUN WILL

But seriously, we were supposed to have a top 10 recruiting class pre-10/3? Wha?

Again, IDK if I'm confident enough yet in this staff. I guess that's just my natural pessimism speaking but yeah. Just not sure how good recruiters they are overall. Friend for instance was the secondary recruiter for those guys that TN signed a couple years ago.

We can't have classes composed entirely of 3*s, which is my concern.

Edited by AUwent

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Their chicken sandwiches are better. Much better chicken to bun ratio.

I actually like Chick Fil A sandwiches better- the breading is too heavy on the Popeye's sandwich- but when you take the entire menu into account, Popeye's blows CFA and most fast food restaurants away. 3 piece spicy with red beans and who even cares what the 2nd side is >>>>>>

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I actually like Chick Fil A sandwiches better- the breading is too heavy on the Popeye's sandwich- but when you take the entire menu into account, Popeye's blows CFA and most fast food restaurants away. 3 piece spicy with red beans and who even cares what the 2nd side is >>>>>>

And when you find one of the locations that has jambalaya as one of the side items…

image.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I would like a University of Tennessee McDonalds Chicken sandwich meal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Their chicken sandwiches are better. Much better chicken to bun ratio.

Yes. Chik fil a  sandwich is better but Popeyes has the best spicy fingers and there is nothing better than their red beans/rice and mashed potatoes as sides. 

Chik fil a stinks when it comes to sides...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Yes. Chik fil a  sandwich is better but Popeyes has the best spicy fingers and there is nothing better than their red beans/rice and mashed potatoes as sides. 

Chik fil a stinks when it comes to sides...

Chick fil a waffle fries and Mac and cheese are better than any sides Popeyes has 

• Facepalm 2
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I do, My dads side of the fam grew up in Louisiana and makes some much better than that lol 

I never said it was the best jambalaya or red beans and rice but those are two of my favorite foods and theirs are good enough to be my favorite sides from either one of those places.

54 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Chick fil a waffle fries and Mac and cheese are better than any sides Popeyes has 

Disagree, but I do enjoy Chick Fil A Nuggets and Waffle Fries, put in the container with Chick Fil A sauce and mix up.....man....A nugget fry salad is where its at.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Without getting into the RB&R, Popeye's mashed potatoes are far superior to any side the CFA has even dreamed of.

I still get a CFA sandwich and some waffle fries every once in a while because I want to go to heaven.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Haha 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 Recruiting Thread
  • ellitor pinned this topic