Null

2022 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Sweet Baby Idaho Drag Racing Jobu, let us show up and play well Saturday. I have no illusions about winning but please please please let us give these recruits something to think about.

Updated October 11th, 2021 The UGA game had a serious impact on a number of recruits and targets who finally got to experience JHS at fully capacity and noise.    Quarterback (Done) 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Pulling him out of an area that produces NFL talent at that position is huge. He cited the NIL and potential of winning a natty as a factor. Feels he can make more endorsement money down here and on his visit said he'd never been to such a loving and kind place.

Kind and loving place Sunday thru Friday and then it’s all blood and guts Saturday!

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Zeek said:

I thinkbgje facility will help but the stadium is still behind and honestly the locker room renovation was not astounding.

That being said, we are heading in the right direction for sure.

Texas being good would be great for us. We get some talent out of the state but not as much as TAMU is reliant upon. 

Now if we could only get another program in Georgia and Louisiana to pull some talent. It's gotta be nice being the only team in your state worth much lol.

Guys, I've got it.

We need to put a clone of this at our facility--they only cost about $4M!

Just let me dream dammit.

Edited by AUwent

Supposed to be more good news sometime this week 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Zeek said:

Pulling him out of an area that produces NFL talent at that position is huge. He cited the NIL and potential of winning a natty as a factor. Feels he can make more endorsement money down here and on his visit said he'd never been to such a loving and kind place.

That's a very important statement right there. One of the benefits to the 'rest' of the teams in the NIL era is that they are going to be more competitive in the money aspects of recruiting. They will be able to use above board deals to compete against the teams that have been using under the table deals to sign players all along. The under the table teams are losing some of their advantage.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Caught this 4pounder on a Tiger Craw about the same time of this commitment! Coincidence, I think not.

Waaaaaar Eagle 

DB3D3E38-CBFE-48C3-8912-FB7704D391CC.png

A1B958BB-E338-4D07-BC91-D07F6836C0B6.jpeg

7B1D8615-CE4C-4CF7-BC12-D00D6908F5B6.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

With lil Wooden on board we're up to #70 in the rankings. Still not great but it's worth mentioning we're 21st in average rating.

Wooden and Powell haven't camped much so it's fair to say they're a little underrated and McPherson hasn't gotten his 247 rating yet.

• Like 4

I would guess either Pollard (Caden Story's cousin) or Alston (4* RB)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

it's worth mentioning we're 21st in average rating.

Absolutely worth mentioning. Context is everything, even if it's too high minded a concept for some to grasp. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Correction, Pollard is currently flirting with Michigan. It could very well be UGA transfer WR Demetris Robertson. 

• Like 1

Damari Alston is announcing July 25th on his dad's birthday. Don't think he announces early. I'm like 80% sure that means it'll be Demetris Robertson today barring a surprise. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

That's a very important statement right there. One of the benefits to the 'rest' of the teams in the NIL era is that they are going to be more competitive in the money aspects of recruiting. They will be able to use above board deals to compete against the teams that have been using under the table deals to sign players all along. The under the table teams are losing some of their advantage.

So many State laws have varying laws regarding NIL, some states haven't passed a law yet.  Some prevent players from signing deals until they arrive on campus, some mandate that deals have to be fair market value while some states don't require either.  Some states require the schools to review and approve all deals their student athletes sign.  Georgia's law allows their schools to take 75% of NIL profits generated by all athletes , pool them together then they are disbursed to all student athletes after graduation.  That's pretty dang restrictive to the players working their own deals. 

I'd think Alabama schools would easily benefit over the strict NIL laws that the Georgia schools have to deal with, but who knows?  I'd think Florida would benefit over many schools because of the income tax break, but who knows?

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Zeek said:

Correction, Pollard is currently flirting with Michigan. It could very well be UGA transfer WR Demetris Robertson. 

Well this should take care of worries in recruiting...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/former-georgia-cal-wr-demetris-robertson-transfers-to-auburn-for-super-senior-season/amp/

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No way we will always have a few who never stop

For some whining is a lifestyle.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

For some whining is a lifestyle.

Thank God for us whiners.  If we never whined, Gus might still be here, we might not have ever hired a new coach, and we'd still be sitting at 3 commits.  B**** and moan and the AU brass takes action.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Bowl cut (Kirby)

23 hours ago, Zeek said:

Supposed to be more good news sometime this week 

Zeek…does Auburn seem to be pretty solid with Alston? He would be a great boost to the RB room!

20 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Thank God for us whiners.  If we never whined, Gus might still be here, we might not have ever hired a new coach, and we'd still be sitting at 3 commits.  B**** and moan and the AU brass takes action.

:bow:

We could have Kevin Steele leading the charge if not for the "Family" revolting when they did. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, keesler said:

:bow:

We could have Kevin Steele leading the charge if not for the "Family" revolting when they did. 

Possibly . I don’t think AD Greene was ever going to hire someone like CKS.. in fact I think Greene had a short list of people he absolutely wanted. Of course you got to play the game in positions like his. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
Just now, DAG said:

Possibly . I don’t think AD Greene was ever going to hire someone like CKS.

I think after the fan revolt hit the waves is the point where Prez Gouge & AD Greene took complete control of the situation and did their own thing. 

We all know the back channel AU guys wanted to push their weight around.  There was no way (Prez/AD) couldn't feel the anger/displeasure/irritation the fan base was making when the rumor hit the public.  

• Like 1