Null

2022 Recruiting Thread

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

No worries, it's Golf's fault anyways.

FWIW, Rockwall is a pretty good program.

Pointless fact: Smith-Njigba last year's #5 WR now at Ohio State, was his teammate

Fair has collected like 2700 yds as a receiver the last 2 seasons (one at Rockwall - a highly competitive program, and both schools were big boy football) and like 30 TDs....

Although a 3*, he is impressively  impactful to say the least and a track guy (but most wide outs are).  Would be 'fairly' nice to keep getting kids from outside of the region as this staff establishes itself. I suspect he would be ranked higher if he was an inch taller...it would increase his range a little, but don't quote me on that.  He is almost as tall as D Robertson who was a 5*....

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many have questions about their ability to recruit and it's valid so far, but what people can't question is their efforts.  This staff has been doing a heck of a job behind the scenes this season.

He didn’t succeed at ole miss because he never played for them. He still in high school 

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Beaker said:

I doubt Tank will return if he has anywhere close to the kind of yr we think he will.  Too hard to pass up big money and risk injury.

What am I missing here? Tank will be a sophomore this year right? He has to be out of high school for 3 years before he can go NFL right? Or has something changed? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

What am I missing here? Tank will be a sophomore this year right? He has to be out of high school for 3 years before he can go NFL right? Or has something changed? 

OMG, you are right....I got confused with those that get 'another year' and what-not.  My mistake...whew.  I am always wanting more RB depth and must have been thinking like a pessimist. 

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Beaker said:

OMG, you are right....I got confused with those that get 'another year' and what-not.  My mistake...whew.  I am always wanting more RB depth and must have been thinking like a pessimist. 

Thanks!

Y’all are gonna give me heart palpitations with this stuff. 😝 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just how old are you???? Get confused a lot???:poke:

Hey now, I don't get confused.   I am a straight shooter who checks all my data.  Well, if I don't check something I might be wrong, but I am always right - just ask me.  And for the record, yeah my youngest just finished college, so I suspect the trainer will guide me out to pasture soon.  

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1

3* OG Drew Bobo announcing at the end of July we're in his top 2. He'll be at BCW but he's also likely visiting UGA that same week. Kentucky is another possible team.

3* CB Jarrell Stinson is on flip watch in my opinion. Nothing but bad vibes on every update surrounding him. That or he will lock down his recruitment soon. Either way we should know soon. As an undersized guy that's been looking around a lot I'm not too concerned either way. Would sting our momentum some but he did commit to the previous staff.

Anyone notice we put a Heisman trophy in this picture with Burrow's name on it... lol

• Facepalm 1

Stinson decommitted today 

Edited by toddc
3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Stinson decommitted today 

Yup, we're back down to 65th. Honestly wish we pulled the band-aid off sooner. This has been obvious for a minute.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup, we're back down to 65th. Honestly wish we pulled the band-aid off sooner. This has been obvious for a minute.

Changed thread title!

Sadly 😞 a mod can move when needed!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Changed thread title!

Sadly 😞 a mod can move when needed!

I vote Todd for modd

• Like 2

4* CB who visited us previously but Notre Dame is trending big

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Anyone notice we put a Heisman trophy in this picture with Burrow's name on it... lol

Regardless of the name gaff, why would be put a lineman with a Heisman Trophy anyway?

Why not an Outland Trophy or Lombardi Trophy?

Somebody better doublecheck their social media artwork before posting it...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I think I need to only jump on this thread once a week.....I get my hopes like 10 yr old begging to go to McDonald's once I see the golden arches in the distance. 

16 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I think I need to only jump on this thread once a week.....I get my hopes like 10 yr old begging to go to McDonald's once I see the golden arches in the distance. 

Hahaha we're good. 20th is probably the next date we get someone. 25th is Alston. Bobo during the last week of July. Story on August 1st. I'll tag you if there's any surprises on other dates.

Still waiting on Baudoin. 

The rest of the class will take a while. GameDay visits are going to be huge for some bigger targets. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Duke is talking again…

I am always astounded by the opinions of those who have never done, never tried, and how they out weigh  those that have, been in the arena, and built or maintained

6 hours ago, Beaker said:

Stinson decommitted and when asked why said: “I was very upset that McPherson’s name kept getting misspelled on AUF. I felt like I needed to look around”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

What do y'all make of that tweet, specifically the "ugly side?" I see and agree with what he's saying about how there's a lot of good talk but results this fall will go a long way. That last part about the ugly side does worry me a bit

2 hours ago, au302 said:

What do y'all make of that tweet, specifically the "ugly side?" I see and agree with what he's saying about how there's a lot of good talk but results this fall will go a long way. That last part about the ugly side does worry me a bit

I mean no offense, but I think some of it is in hyperbolic in that they know certain fans, such as yourself, that follow the minutia intensely, are going to have some type of reaction when they use strong language. Couple that with what will likely be two straight years of poor recruiting, and it’s easy viewership 

that being said, no part of Auburn brass is depicting this current situation as ideal. Almost all of them have been in a position of “you gotta win to turn this around”. I personally believe this regime is going to have to prove more than show, if you know what I mean. Which you’d expect a wildly foreign set of coaches. Gus and Gene had connections and knew the landscape 

I say all that to say, there’s just no real shot at this succeeding with an underwhelming on the field product. And I think most of us expect this guy to have to win with less/develop lesser talented characters. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean no offense, but I think some of it is in hyperbolic in that they know certain fans, such as yourself, that follow the minutia intensely, are going to have some type of reaction when they use strong language. Couple that with what will likely be two straight years of poor recruiting, and it’s easy viewership 

that being said, no part of Auburn brass is depicting this current situation as ideal. Almost all of them have been in a position of “you gotta win to turn this around”. I personally believe this regime is going to have to prove more than show, if you know what I mean. Which you’d expect a wildly foreign set of coaches. Gus and Gene had connections and knew the landscape 

I say all that to say, there’s just no real shot at this succeeding with an underwhelming on the field product. And I think most of us expect this guy to have to win with less/develop lesser talented characters. 

Definitely. I like Jboy and his brass, but I understand these guys know what to say to get a reaction and follows. Some of the comments were completely hilarious, one guy saying he's lost all faith in Harsin based off that tweet lol. I try not to read too much into it, but I do trust Dukes. He isn't nearly as active as Jboy so when he does speak I know it's serious. Plus, a lot of those guys are overly optimistic about everything AU so you can't really take them serious, but he seems to keep it real. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, au302 said:

• Thanks 1

Duke posted a couple more saying the all ball and no fun approach ran some guys off.  Also mentioned the scheme Bobo and Harsin are putting in will be huge.  Compared it to what Minnesota did against Auburn to keep Marlon and Derrick in check in the bowl game.  Auburn’s schedule is back loaded with SEC games so that Penn State game will be huge for building momentum.  Getting to UGA and LSU undefeated will make those games huge.