Null

2022 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When has bama ever been able to say they climbed 40 spots in the rankings in one month?!  Suck it bama

As I've predicted for a while now we're moving on from 3-star DT Maxie Baudoin IV. Reading between the lines it seems like he told the staff he was announcing his decision before the end of summer and

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, fredst said:

@aubiefifty is the edible connection. @augolf1716would be your go to for PBR

i bought a six pack of medalo beer and could not finish one. it is nasty. give me a blue moon anyday. but then i am not a drinker.

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Let's just all throw our head back and laugh for a second........... 

Oklahoma was under Petersen. So was Oregon who was 6-6 🤪

Washington wab 8-4 in the worst conference in P5 sports. 

People want to hype Florida State, but let's be real. They went 6-7 in the ACC and fired their coach. FSU was awful when they best em. 

All of this is OK. I like Harsin. I think he'll be good. But just be honest with yourself. Fk man

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

Just stop. 

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He'll literally play more games this year vs P5 opponents than he has his entire HC'ing career.  That's not experience.. What's...more we are talking more about recruiting 

Auburn has 14 Power 5 opponents scheduled this fall? See this is what I mean. You don't even have basic facts or stats straight. 

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You're a little mixed up I believe you should be using @aubiefifty for edibles

i am glad you did not let that travesty stand man! lol

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Auburn has 14 Power 5 opponents scheduled this fall? See this is what I mean. You don't even have basic facts or stats straight. 

I'm glad you went and counted all the times he wasn't the HC. You're not helping yourself self. 

He's been a HC against a handful of P5 teams, most were absolutely awful. 

It's OK to say he doesn't have a lot of experience against legit teams. We can be honest here and still be big fans of Harsin. 

Idk why it's so difficult for some fans to just be honest. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Understatement 

Seriously, please tell me how Harsin has a lot of P5 experience?? It's extremely limited. That's expected when we hire a G5 coach. It's OK to say this out loud 

• Haha 1

This is where I stand. No I can’t say that CBH has a lot of power 5 football experience for the simple fact compared to his peers he doesn’t . But that does not mean he does not understand big boy football. I am sure he understands how tough the SEC is AEB the hires he has made and the fact that he understands the willingness to adapt as necessary. Two things which ultimately led to the failure of several of the prior coaches we had. There is a reason he went out and got SEC experienced coordinators and still can mix in coaches who understand his culture.

• Like 2

Athletic 2022 linebacker prospect could visit for Big Cat

By JASON CALDWELL 3 hours ago

HOOVER, Alabama—A player who continues to see his recruitment take off as college football programs get an opportunity to see him in person, 6-4, 200 linebacker DeAunte Hunter from Lowndes High in Valdosta, Ga., could be taking a visit to Auburn next Sunday for Big Cat Weekend after the Tigers reached out to Coach Jamey DuBose and offered to offer the coach's prospect a chance to come up and check things out.

Already with around 20 offers from Cincinnati, Georgia Southern, Kansas, Liberty, Ole Miss, Troy and others, the 3-star prospect is very high on both Syracuse and West Virginia after taking official visits to check out both programs in June.

“They talked to me on the phone one time,” Hunter said of Auburn. “That was when we were in school. Coach DuBose told me about it (the invitation for Big Cat). He told me it’s a good opportunity to get some exposure. I’m going to think about going up there.”

Teammates with quarterback Jacurri Brown, a player Auburn recruited heavily early on under Gus Malzahn, Hunter said he got to know a little about the Tigers during that time.

“Our quarterback went there before he committed to Miami,” Hunter said. “I got to watch them some then but I have never had the chance to go up there.”

Planning to release a Top 10 in early July, Hunter said he decided to wait a little longer to see if some other schools would come into the picture.

A long and athletic linebacker, Hunter has the chance to put up huge numbers as a senior for Lowndes and will play inside linebacker in their system. With plenty of room to grow on the next level, he could easily transition to an outside linebacker and pass rusher down the line in college because of his frame and ability to run. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

This is where I stand. No I can’t say that CBH has a lot of power 5 football experience for the simple fact compared to his peers he doesn’t . But that does not mean he does not understand big boy football. I am sure he understands how tough the SEC is AEB the hires he has made and the fact that he understands the willingness to adapt as necessary. Two things which ultimately led to the failure of several of the prior coaches we had. There is a reason he went out and got SEC experienced coordinators and still can mix in coaches who understand his culture.

That's the biggest take away anyone should take from this.  Being able to adapt and change when something isn't working, especially this early, is huge.

He doesn't have any experience in the SEC and very little experience vs P5 programs.  Day in, day out recruiting against them and on the field against them.  That just means we'll have some growing pains has he adjusts and figures it out a little bit.  That's fine and probably expected.  He's adapting and adjusting as needed, which is awesome.  He clearly understands football and I'm all about his vision for Auburn.  So, he can be inexperienced, but also good for us.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm glad you went and counted all the times he wasn't the HC. You're not helping yourself self. 

He's been a HC against a handful of P5 teams, most were absolutely awful. 

It's OK to say he doesn't have a lot of experience against legit teams. We can be honest here and still be big fans of Harsin. 

Idk why it's so difficult for some fans to just be honest. 

YOU were the one who said he "literally" will face more P5 teams this fall than in his entire career.

You go out of your way to list a stat, it's incorrect, then you try to invalidate the very stat you tried to weaponize in the first place. 

You just simply don't know what you're talking about. Believe what you want. Just don't say it's backed up by fact. 

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

YOU were the one who said he "literally" will face more P5 teams this fall than in his entire career.

You go out of your way to list a stat, it's incorrect, then you try to invalidate the very stat you tried to weaponize in the first place. 

You just simply don't know what you're talking about. Believe what you want. Just don't say it's backed up by fact. 

I know exactly what I'm talking about.  My point stills stands.  Playing 1-2 P5 opponents a year, not very good ones for the vast majority of the time, doesn't give him a dearth of experience vs legit teams he's going to be facing the majority of this schedule and, to the main point, recruiting against daily. 

He has an extremely small amount of P5 experience.  14 games isn't a lot.  THATS OK.  We hired a G5 coach.  Of course he doesn't have a bunch of experience.  I don't know why you get so offended by basic facts.

The best thing you all can do to help our recruiting situation is to tweet at our recruits as often as possible.  Tell them how great Auburn is and how terrible their other choices are.

• Haha 1

My guess is yes that we might have 5 new commits by the end of the first week in August.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

My guess is yes that we might have 5 new commits by the end of the first week in August.

What would Story, Alston, Fair, Albert do to our class ranking?

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

What would Story, Alston, Fair, Albert do to our class ranking?

Those 4 would put us at 47th passing Ole Miss

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Jeez, that's it?  Well, just looked an it seems like we're so far behind almost anyone number wise I guess that makes sense.  I didn't realize we were this far behind.

Damn...I've been hearing lots of people say so many teams have a small number of commits I thought it was still happening.  We have 5...just 5.  Mizzou, Arkansas, USC, State, Vandy with 15+.

Scrolling through the top 250 and it seems like probably 60% are already committed.  So....everyone has been laughing at the teams previously mentioned about loading up on 3* kids early....I mean...at this point, excluding rankings changes, we're I'm not really sure that we're going to be loading up on much outside mostly 3* kids.

Hopefully get some really strong evaluations of "underrated" guys.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I’m ready to move past the whole rankings thing. As has been stated, the transfer portal has rendered the rankings this year far less valuable, maybe even irrelevant until it is re-thought. And for years, we had well regarded/ranked classes with little development or overall roster management. 
Or, maybe think of this: would Oklahoma rather have had Jalen Hurts as a transfer that did nothing for their rankings or Tyrick Rollison (one of Chizik’s great early recruits) as their QB going into that season? I realize I’m mixing and matching here but you get the point. I mean, it is not completely irrelevant, but it doesn’t mean as much as it did 10-15 years ago when we started obsessing over this 💩

Edited by fredst
  • Like 8