Null

2022 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Sweet Baby Idaho Drag Racing Jobu, let us show up and play well Saturday. I have no illusions about winning but please please please let us give these recruits something to think about.

Updated October 11th, 2021 The UGA game had a serious impact on a number of recruits and targets who finally got to experience JHS at fully capacity and noise.    Quarterback (Done) 

Posted Images

Not good news for the good guys.

Louisiana DT delays decision

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Maxie BaudoinI V is pumping the brakes on his recruitment.

Baudoin, a 3-star defensive tackle from Ascension Episcopal (La), visited Auburn in June and planned to announce a commitment in July.

That’s no longer the case.

“I think I’m going to wait a little while longer,” Baudoin said. “I originally was going to commit his month, but I’m going to push it back.”

The reason?

“I want to take more visits,” Baudoin said.

Auburn is the only college Baudoin has visited. He wants to see others before making a decision. Baudoin wants to visit Texas A&M, Georgia and Florida. He also wants to make a return trip to Auburn.

“I’m trying to get back there for a game in the fall,” Baudoin said.

Auburn continues to push for Baudoin. Defensive line coach Nick Eason and defensive line graduate assistant Gary Walker both communicate regularly with him.

“I talk to them a lot,” Baudoin said. “I like Coach Eason’s personality. He’s funny, but he can be serious and coach you hard.”

Baudoin doesn’t have a new timetable for a decision and doesn’t list a leader at this point.

“Everybody is even,” he said.

Rivals ranks Baudoin, who is 6-foot-5 and 285 pounds, the No. 34 defensive tackle in the 2022 class and No. 25 overall recruit in Louisiana.

The class being deeper than usual might be our saving grace!

Edited by toddc

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

Bobo and Story would be my guess Ja'Kobi too but I don't recall when he's announcing.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Ja'Kobi too but I don't recall when he's announcing.

Committing August 4th at 10:00 am CDT

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Bobo and Story would be my guess Ja'Kobi too but I don't recall when he's announcing.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Bobo commits to us.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:51 AM, Paladin said:

After Big Cat visit, 2022 OT working toward Auburn offer

by Nathan King

15 minutes ago

AUBURN, Alabama — There's mutual interest between Auburn and offensive tackle Anez Cooper, but there are still some improvements that the 2022 in-state prospect needs to make in order to receive an offer he's been coveting.

Cooper, who plays at Pleasant Grove (Pleasant Grove, Ala.), made the drive with his family Sunday to Auburn for the program's annual Big Cat recruiting event. Cooper said his bond with the Auburn coaching staff has grown steadily over the summer, and he felt like he hadn't missed a beat over the weekend from the last time he was on campus.

"The way they welcomed me in was like I was one of the commitments already," Cooper said outside Jordan-Hare Stadium. "They treated us like we're family already."

The three-star prospect and No. 51 player in Alabama camped at Auburn in early June but has not yet picked up an offer from the Tigers.

Georgia Tech has been picking up the most traction with Cooper over the past couple months. He visited the Yellow Jackets in June, and also holds offers from South Carolina, UAB, Marshall and Syracuse. He has camped at Mississippi State and is eyeing an offer there, as well.

What does Cooper — who plans to release his top five schools sometime next month — need to do in order to get an offer from Auburn? He said the Tigers' offensive coaching staff spoke to him Sunday about "losing weight and getting my feet right for the next level." Cooper is currently listed at 6-foot-6 and 352 pounds.

Regardless of whether an offer comes from the Tigers before his senior season begins, does Cooper plan on heading back to Auburn for another visit this fall?

"Yes, sir," Cooper said. "Of course."

With only seven prospects on board, Auburn does not currently have any offensive linemen committed to its 2022 class.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 4

looks like he is doing the work staff told him to do to get an offer will be interesting to see if he gets the offer after we blew it on Shor.

• Like 2

So we got a new graphics guy recently and this is one of the first things I saw seen that looks distinctively different. 

I like it. It's a little bolder and more legible as well. The blue pops really well in this. The power stripe in the corners is a little lazy but it frames it well.

• Like 3
On 1/14/2021 at 8:23 AM, Zeek said:

August 1st Update! Official offers can be sent out starting today so the 2022 recruiting picture should become crystal clear.

Quarterback (Done) 

4* Holden Geriner | 6'3" 210 lbs | Savannah, GA | Committed 2/1/2021

Running Back (1 Committed Taking 1 More) 

4* Damari Alston | 5'11" 205 lbs | Atlanta, GA | Committed 7/25/2021

3* Quinshon Judkins | 5'11" 200 lbs | Pike Road, AL

5* Emmanuel Henderson | 6'1" 185 lbs | Hartford, AL | Committed to Alabama

4* Omarion Hampton | 6'0" 215 lbs | Clayton, NC | Committed to North Carolina

4* TreVonte' Citizen | 6'0" 217 lbs | Lake Charles, LA | Committed to LSU

Wide Receiver (1 Committed Taking 1-2 More) 

3* Jay Fair | 5'11" 182 lbs | Rockwall, TX | Committed 7/20/2021

4* Damarius Clemons | 6'3" 205 lbs | Portland, OR

4* Antonio Williams | 6'0" 180 lbs | Irmo, SC

3* Kaydin Pope | 6'1" 172 lbs | Savannah, TN

NR Latreal Jones | 6'2" 195 lbs | Poplarville, MS | JUCO

4* Nicholas Anderson | 6'3.5" 195 lbs | Katy, TX  | Committed to Oregon

3* Amarion Brown | 6'3" 175 lbs | Stuart, FL | Committed to Rutgers

Tight End (1 Committed Possibly Taking 1 More) 

3* Micah Riley-Ducker | 6'6" 235 lbs | Bellevue, NE | Committed 7/7/2021

3* Kaden Helms | 6'5" 222 lbs | Bellevue, NE | Committed to Oklahoma

3* Tyrus Washington | 6'4" 230 lbs | Leesburg, GA | Committed to Arkansas

Offensive Tackle (Need 2) 

5* Josh Conerly Jr. | 6'5" 275 lbs | Seattle, WA

4* Elijah Pritchett | 6'6" 280 lbs | Columbus, GA

4* Bryson Hurst | 6'6" 320 lbs | Gautier, MS

3* Eston Harris Jr. | 6'6" 275 lbs | Opelika, AL 

3* Jacob Hood | 6'8" 342 lbs | Nashville, TN 

4* Riley Quick | 6'5" 260 lbs | Trussville, AL | Committed to Alabama Baseball

4* Qae'shon Sapp | 6'5" 320 lbs | Leesburg, GA | Committed to FSU

Offensive Guard (Need 2) 

4* Antavious Woody | 6'3" 291 lbs | Lafayette, AL

3* Drew Bobo | 6'5" 280 lbs | Auburn, AL

Center (Need 1) 

None yet

Defensive End / Edge (Need 1-2) 

4* Caden Story | 6'4" 264 lbs | Lanett, AL 

4* DJ Wesolak | 6'3.5" 240 lbs | Boonville, MO

4* Tyreese Fearbry | 6'5" 225 lbs | Pittsburgh, PA

Defensive Tackle (Need 2) 

4* Khurtiss Perry | 6'3" 267 lbs | Montgomery, AL

3* Maxie Boudoin IV | 6'5" 290 lbs | Lafayette, LA 

4* Trevion Williams | 6'3" 255 lbs | Crystal Springs, MS | Committed to FSU

3* Tre Emory | 6'4" 290 lbs | Mount Pleasant, TX | Committed to Baylor

3* Kaleb Artis | 6'5" 270 lbs | Fresh Meadows, NY | Committed to Penn State

Linebacker (1 Committed Taking 1-2 More) 

3* Powell Gordon | 6'3" 215 lbs | Auburn, AL | Committed 2/25/2021

3* EJ Lightsey | 6'2" 210 lbs | Fitzgerald, GA

4* Shemar James | 6'2" 212 lbs | Mobile, AL | Committed to Florida

4* DeMario Talon | 6'2" 205 lbs | Orlando, FL | Committed to LSU

4* TJ Dudley | 6'1" 220 lbs | Montgomery, AL | Committed to Oregon

3* Micah Pollard | 6'3" 200 lbs | Batram Trail, FL | Committed to Michigan

3* Omar Grahama Jr. | 6'1" 205 lbs | Fort Lauderdale, FL | Committed to FSU

Cornerback (Need 2-3) 

3* Andre Stewart | 6'0" 169 lbs | Kennesaw, GA | Committed to Kentucky

3* Brylan Green | 5'9" 159 lbs | Lafayette, LA 

3* Nick Cull | 5'11" 175 lbs | Donalsonville, GA

NR Donovan Johnson | 6'2" 188 lbs | Ellenwood, GA

4* Benjamin Morrison | 6'0.5" 175 lbs | Phoenix, AZ | Committed to Notre Dame

4* Toriano Pride | 5'11" 172 lbs | Saint Louis, MO | Committed to Clemson

3* Myles Pollard | 6'2" 185 lbs | Brentwood, TN | Committed to Michigan

3* Jaylen Lewis | 6'2" 175 lbs | Brownsville, TN | Committed to Arkansas

3* Marcus Allen | 6'2" 165 lbs | Marietta, GA | Committed to UNC

3* Jarell Stinson | 5'10" 160 lbs | Opelika, AL | Decommitted from AU

Safety (1 Committed Taking 1 More)

3* Caleb Wooden | 6'2" 185 lbs | Lawrenceville, GA | Committed 7/8/2021

4* Tre Donaldson | 6'2" 190 lbs | Tallahassee, FL | Also our #1 PG target

3* Laquan Robinson | 6'2" 195 lbs | Greenville, AL 

3* Ja'Kobi Albert | 6'0" 175 lbs | Fairfield, AL 

NR Dominick Fields | 6'0" 185 lbs | Jacksonville, FL 

3* Emory Floyd | 6'1" 165 lbs | Powder Springs, GA | Committed to South Carolina

Kicker (1 Committed) 

Alex McPherson | 5'10" 155 lbs | Fort Payne, AL | Committed 7/7/21

Incoming Transfers: 

Marcus Harris | DE | Transfer from Kansas | 4 Years to Play

Jordan Ingram | RB | Transfer from CMU | 4 Years to Play

Roterius Torrence | DB | Transfer from Hutchinson C.C.

Demetris Robertson | WR | Transfer from UGA | 1 year to play

Zeek's thoughts as of August 1st, 2021:

QB - Done at this position. Staff considered adding another 2022 QB but they're pleased with TJ Finley and the current situation.

RB - Damari Alston is a huge addition to this class. He is a legitimate RB1 potential once Tank leaves. Staff still wants one more. Judkins is the only prospect we're hearing about but there's supposedly one committed to another program we're not allowed to know about yet.

TE - Micah Riley-Ducker is a huge prospect that I think is a little underrated. The staff would be fine with just one commit here but there's some momentum right now for an unranked prospect.

WR - Jay Fair is a 4* talent, I don't care what the ratings say he's an absolute baller. The staff still wants to add two more receivers to this class but there's not a tremendous amount of momentum apparent yet. Should be an interesting position to watch.

OL - Looks like we're in a good spot for IOL Drew Bobo and there's some momentum with a few OT positions. It is starting to look like the 2022 recruiting class will utilize transfers and JuCo players to offset losses. Need a solid 2023 OL class to instill confidence moving forward.

PK - McPherson is a phenomenal pickup and Auburn fans should be ecstatic.

EDGE - Caden Story will announce in about an hour from when I'm writing this. It comes down to Auburn versus UCF. There aren't too many other targets known at this position but I think the staff would like to add one more if at all possible.

DL - Missed on a guy or two here but there's some reason for optimism. Four-star Khurtiss Perry is more open in his recruiting than previously thought and Auburn is in the mix. We still are in a good spot with Maxie Baudoin IV though it's been quiet. Probably will hear more names emerge soon.

LB - Lots of misses here and no real targets emerging. If there's a position I'm concerned about it's linebacker. The 2023 class is looking decent but we need a solid 2022 addition.

DB -  Interesting spot for us in recruiting. Most of our buzz is surrounding two committed players (Stewart and Dortch) and Tre Donaldson (who might end up being basketball only in the long run). Zac Etheridge has gotten really good reviews from recruits.

Updated but I need to look at the math and see how many spots we have left. I'll add that later tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 spots left from what I can tell.

My guess is 1 RB, 2 WRs, 4 OL, 3 DL/Edge, 2 CB, 1 S, 1 LB

Something like that 

• Thanks 1

With Caden Story we're up to 59th in the team rankings. Drew Bobo, Ja'Kobi Albert, Tre Donaldson should all be committing in the next week or two and I like where Auburn stands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Zeek said:

With Caden Story we're up to 59th in the team rankings. Drew Bobo, Ja'Kobi Albert, Tre Donaldson should all be committing in the next week or two and I like where Auburn stands.

I almost wonder if we don’t get Bobo if it’s more about UGA saying thanks but we’re full?  Everything I’ve heard is UGA if they want him 

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I almost wonder if we don’t get Bobo if it’s more about UGA saying thanks but we’re full?  Everything I’ve heard is UGA if they want him 

Nah, I don't like the we're the fallback narrative. He has built really good relationships with Friend and Harsin. 

I really hope Omarion Hampton is the running back committed to another program that keeps being talked about but is a secret. I'll be thrilled with Judkins but Hampton is a stud as well 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, au302 said:

I really hope Omarion Hampton is the running back committed to another program that keeps being talked about but is a secret. I'll be thrilled with Judkins but Hampton is a stud as well 

I can tell you it's not Hampton, sorry lol.

It's a name we haven't heard at all supposedly. 

I still like Judkins.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I can tell you it's not Hampton, sorry lol.

It's a name we haven't heard at all supposedly. 

I still like Judkins.

Damn

I’m intrigued 

I agree 

• Like 1