2021 4* RB Byron Cardwell (Oregon 1/25)

Zeek

2 hours ago, toddc said:

May have been posted already, but Cardwell’s mom is from Alabama I believe. Could help a lot if there’s family ties in the area. Seems like signing day 2 might be better than expected possibly.

@toddc I really like how you, @Zeek, and I are basically working as a team on these VIP articles. All basically posting one nugget each. 🙂

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Why the optimism? Just curious. 

I just feel his personal views will match up well with the Auburn family. He wants to go somewhere not driven by sales and promises.  Harsin and cadillac can deliver that. 

13 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Does Auburn have a legitimate chance at signing him?

I don’t think so if I’m being honest. I just think we’re way too late and too far away from home even with the Alabama connections.
If we had more time I think we could’ve had a good chance but too little too late IMO

16 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I don’t think so if I’m being honest. I just think we’re way too late and too far away from home even with the Alabama connections.
If we had more time I think we could’ve had a good chance but too little too late IMO

Thanks for the response and I agree with you.

35 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Depends. Does a new Head Coach and almost a completely new staff bring better bag men like the chiz/trooper/luper/jeff grimes years? If so a real shot. One of my main qualms about Gus was he was just to pearly white clean for a Head Coach at a top sec program. We did not play the game enough at times under his regime. Hope that changes with Harsin. 

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Depends. Does a new Head Coach and almost a completely new staff bring better bag men like the chiz/trooper/luper/jeff grimes years? If so a real shot. One of my main qualms about Gus was he was just to pearly white clean for a Head Coach at a top sec program. We did not play the game enough at times under his regime. Hope that changes with Harsin. 

Auburn played the game just like everybody else and just got beat out. Going against Bama, UGA, Clemson, and LSU every year for the same few guys is tough which is why Harsin is trying to branch out and get some west coast guys

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I want to believe that we would not spend $22mm to get rid of Gus without being ready to go whole hog.  I'm looking for some early Chiz OL recruiting or I'm going to be @disappoint.  It's also going to be nice that we are not having to overcome piss poor on the field results used against us on  the crootin' trail.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'll bring the McDonald's bag for this kid

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I'll bring the McDonald's bag for this kid

Got to be inconspicuous.  Should bring BK bags.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

are you implying Auburn isn't a perfect program that would consider illegal benefits? 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

are you implying Auburn isn't a perfect program that would consider illegal benefits? 

I'm implying Gus was way more clean than most coaches. Chizik got down in the freaking mud and played the game a lot more that is required in big boy football. One of the main examples is the Greg Robinson recruitment. That was a thing of beauty how we pulled that off.

7 hours ago, Paladin said:

@Paladin we came from nowhere to be in his final four so that’s at least something.

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

For what it’s worth it doesn’t sound like he’s shutting things down even after a decision coming on Monday so there still may be time.

2 picks in last night for Oregon from reporters on 247 who have been right 99% of their combined 170+ picks on 2021 recruits.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

2 picks in last night for Oregon from reporters on 247 who have been right 99% of their combined 170+ picks on 2021 recruits.

Understandable, like you said though we may still have a slim chance after the fact.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'm implying Gus was way more clean than most coaches. Chizik got down in the freaking mud and played the game a lot more that is required in big boy football. One of the main examples is the Greg Robinson recruitment. That was a thing of beauty how we pulled that off.

I actually had a client in Thibodaux who knew some stuff went down and wasn't happy about it. I tried to cry for him but I couldn't make it happen. 

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

1% or less, but you’re telling us there’s a chance......YES!!!!!!!!

On 1/21/2021 at 11:16 PM, GwillMac6 said:

It was sarcasm, and poking fun at the way some people on this forum perceive the program  

Archived