Christian Tutt pt. 3

Zeek

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-DB-Christin-Tutt-withdraws-from-transfer-portal-159322767/

Declared for draft. Changed his mind. Decides to transfer. Has now withdrawn his name from the transfer portal.

Before the ugly comments I'd love to see this crazy story end with him playing another year for AU.

If anyone can fix his coverage issues it's coach Zac and Mason. He's a great player in run support.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zeek said:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-DB-Christin-Tutt-withdraws-from-transfer-portal-159322767/

Declared for draft. Changed his mind. Decides to transfer. Has now withdrawn his name from the transfer portal.

Before the ugly comments I'd love to see this crazy story end with him playing another year for AU.

If anyone can fix his coverage issues it's coach Zac and Mason. He's a great player in run support.

He's been an exceptional punt returner. I wouldn't mind having him back, we have plenty of slots available under the 85 limit.

plenty will have some nonsense to say about it but I can totally understand the uncertainty in his situation.  I think it's a great thing he withdrew from the draft, and like you, hope he sticks around.  

You have to think Zac got on campus and had a chat with him.

What drama though.. Opts out of the bowl game, declares for draft, signs with agent, decides not to go to the nfl early, enters portal, exits portal, stays in Auburn.  

Whoever is giving this guy advice needs to hit the road.

People were hating on this guy when he wanted to explore, now watch him come back and y’all will be back all over him smh 

Auburn DB Christin Tutt withdraws from transfer portal

ByCHRIS HUMMER 22 minutes ago 

Christian Tutt (Photo: Joe Robbins, Getty)

It's been a wild and winding week for Auburn defensive back Christian Tutt.

The junior defensive back signed with a NFL agent on Jan. 7, per a report from Auburn Undercover. A few days later, he reversed course and entered the transfer portal. Now, 247Sports can report Tutt has withdrawn his name from the transfer portal, indicating he plans to return to The Plains for his senior season.

Tutt has appeared in 33 career games over three seasons with the Tigers, recording 88 tackles, six tackles for loss, two sacks, three interceptions, six pass breakups and one forced fumble. He also averaged 13.2 yards on 31 punt returns. In nine games this season, he notched 31 tackles, one tackle for loss, one pass breakup and one fumble recovery.

He was among the group of players who opted out of the Tigers’ matchup with Northwestern in the Citrus Bowl.

A former four-star recruit out of Thomson High School in Thomson, Ga., Tutt was ranked as the No. 276 overall prospect and No. 28 cornerback in the country for the 2018 class, according to the 247Sports Composite. He was also the No. 30 ranked player in the Peach State.

2COMMENTS

The NCAA introduced the portal on Oct. 15, 2018, providing athletes a path to explore their options. Players do not need to ask permission from their coaching staff in order to transfer. They merely need to request that compliance enter their name. Usually, it takes 24-48 hours for a player to appear following their request. Schools are free to contact a player without restriction once their name appears in the portal.

While a player entering their name in the transfer portal means they intend to explore their options, it does not necessarily mean they will leave. A player is free to withdraw his name at any time. However, schools are under no obligation to keep a player on scholarship once they enter the portal.

2 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

You have to think Zac got on campus and had a chat with him.

What drama though.. Opts out of the bowl game, declares for draft, signs with agent, decides not to go to the nfl early, enters portal, exits portal, stays in Auburn.  

Whoever is giving this guy advice needs to hit the road.

it would appear no one is giving advice.... or everyone is giving advice. 

4 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

In the very recent past, signing with an agent ended a player's college eligibility. Was the report about him signing wrong, or has a major rule change slipped by us all?

I’m glad he’s coming back and he will add some continuity to the secondary this fall. I was one who thought he should go after sitting out the bowl game, but this humbling experience will make him work harder in my opinion. Glad he’s back!

Tutt has taken some brutal hits for Auburn and delivered some electric stuff at times.  The man is welcome at Auburn in any capacity his entire life.

5 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

What drama though.

Nah, not really. 

Very happy to have CT back. Good football player. Love his attitude on the field. As far as I know, an asset to the locker room. I'm glad that none of these idiotic, overly complicated, ever-changing rules screwed him out of his eligibility and ability to play where he wants and where he's wanted. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He's been an exceptional punt returner. I wouldn't mind having him back, we have plenty of slots available under the 85 limit.

When he returned the ball, absolutely. He got where he always called a fair catch, even when he had space to make a return, and that’s why he was replaced.

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

well depends are great for run support but they still leave a mess? lol i just want to hear your further comments.......

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

People were hating on this guy when he wanted to explore, now watch him come back and y’all will be back all over him smh 

Most were more upset about his sitting out of the bowl game if I remember correctly.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

When he returned the ball, absolutely. He got where he always called a fair catch, even when he had space to make a return, and that’s why he was replaced.

I'm not gonna go all link nerd on you, but I'd be curious where you heard that. 

If a guy is always calling fair catch- particularly after he's previously been more aggressive- it's usually because he's being coached to. Maybe he muffed a punt and got nervous or something, though.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Most were more upset about his sitting out of the bowl game if I remember correctly.

Which is dumb. That's between him, his teammates and his coaches. 

Just now, toddc said:

a lot of people were upset about him declaring for the draft , but even if he did sit out the bowl game.

keep that same energy. Now we are fans again because he decides to possibly return? Fickle,Fickle bunch.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Which is dumb. That's between him, his teammates and his coaches. 

Well it’s football forum fodder too, and in a big way. Tried to use as many f words as possible here. 😝 

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Correct. If Coach Harsin wants him back, ok, if he doesn't that's ok too. Others who were leaving stood by their teammates and played in the bowl game. That's commendable. Ducking out on the players and coaches who got you through college isn't.

2 minutes ago, chizhead said:

The original scoop by Matt Zeintz(sic) said he had signed with an agent. I read it and there is a thread on 24/7 saying the same

doesnt that automatically mean he cant come back? 

Archived