Christian Tutt pt. 3

Zeek

11 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Agree.

Truth be told, the bowl system has been dismantled by the playoff system. The bowls need to be scrapped and the playoffs expanded.

The bowls don’t mean what they used to mean. More and more kids will be opting out of bowl games..Its just the way things are headed because of the four team playoffs.

Been saying that forever . This year was the perfect year to expand the playoffs and not have bowl games. Of course the NCAA wants to make money, anyway and anyhow. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I just quit judging our players with the crap-show of a staff and inter turmoil going on in our program. It's hard to gauge kids who aren't being developed for their flaws when lord knows what's been going on behind the scenes. After a drop or two it was all too predictable that he'd become a glorified fair catcher.

I'm not judging them, but there had to be somebody better than Tutt

I hope Tutt is eligible to come back. He has made some giant hits on guys this year. If I recall, he had a little stretch during the season where he was hurt. Perhaps they told him to fair catch from that point on. Anyway, Christian's situation is indicative to how confusing this time is for these players. I think we need to give them some slack. They are trying to do what's best for them with everchanging information. Prayers for Christian and I hope he is able to return to the team>

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

Been saying that forever . This year was the perfect year to expand the playoffs and not have bowl games. Of course the NCAA wants to make money, anyway and anyhow. 

The bigger issue is that D1 is too large. Schools like auburn and Alabama shouldn't even be in the same division as vandy, much less some of the cusa/mac teams. 

If Tutt wants to come back, cool. He'd be well served to change positions to safety. 

Speaking of Sherwood, does anyone have a statement from his socials where he declared for the draft? I still haven't seen anything official on his decision.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

In the very recent past, signing with an agent ended a player's college eligibility. Was the report about him signing wrong, or has a major rule change slipped by us all?

I have the same question and haven't seen an answer.

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I have the same question and haven't seen an answer.

I ran a search and couldn't really come up with a legit answer that was later than 2018. I didn't spend a lot of time looking,though

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Agree.

Truth be told, the bowl system has been dismantled by the playoff system. The bowls need to be scrapped and the playoffs expanded.

The bowls don’t mean what they used to mean. More and more kids will be opting out of bowl games..Its just the way things are headed because of the four team playoffs.

I actually disagree. There are plenty of bowls that are exciting. I was pretty excited for the one in 2016. Had our QB not broken his arm, that might’ve been a really exciting game. 

I just think it is for most years the nature of our schedule mixed with the fact that we keep getting paired with forgettable opponents. 2015... Memphis. 2017... UCF, which would have been a really awesome game if not for the fact that we’d come so close to the playoff that year.  2019... Minnesota (who nobody cared to play) after beating our biggest rival a few weeks earlier in an emotional game, then getting screwed out of a better bowl and more interesting opponent (Michigan) by people giving our rival the nod over us. 2020... Northwestern, who nobody cared to play, a few weeks after our coach was unexpectedly let go. 

2016 had potential, and, after the mess of 2018, I feel like the Purdue beating was satisfying my. Other than that, our games over the last few years have just been forgettable given the circumstances around them and the opponents we’ve faced. 

The bowls aren’t outdated. I think they’ve just started pairing teams very poorly. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

People were hating on this guy when he wanted to explore, now watch him come back and y’all will be back all over him smh 

Is that you Coach Boom?

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not gonna go all link nerd on you, but I'd be curious where you heard that. 

If a guy is always calling fair catch- particularly after he's previously been more aggressive- it's usually because he's being coached to. Maybe he muffed a punt and got nervous or something, though.

It’s just my opinion and I think it was writing on the wall. Myself and others said multiple times in game threads this year: “if he’s not going to return it, then put someone back there that will” and then he got replaced. There were a couple of times I can remember in a  game or two leading up to him being replaced that he had several good opportunities to make a return and called a fair catch.

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It’s just my opinion and I think it was writing on the wall. Myself and others said multiple times in game threads this year: “if he’s not going to return it, then put someone back there that will” and then he got replaced. There were a couple of times I can remember in a  game or two leading up to him being replaced that he had several good opportunities to make a return and called a fair catch.

He got in the bad habit of not even catching the punt, if you will remember. He would let it hit and roll 20 yards everytime. That is when he was pulled.

It is better to correct a bad decision before it becomes too late to do so.  A lot of times people wait too long to make a decision and it results in decision by in decision.  Welcome back Christian Tutt.

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I certainly would rather have him back than not, but it’s not earth shattering either way really. 

Unless we get a letter from the NCAA feds.....

39 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

He got in the bad habit of not even catching the punt, if you will remember. He would let it hit and roll 20 yards everytime. That is when he was pulled.

Ah, yes. This had slipped my mind lol. 

4 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

guys holding on to meaningless bowl games in this era as hills to die on with players are living in the past.  may as well denounce a player for sitting out an exhibition.

The same people s***ting on him for not playing tuned out of the NW game in the 3rd quarter lol

”I got something better to do”....yeah so does he 

Tutt got burned a lot, but was a beast in short yardage passing game and run support. I think in CDM's scheme with their being more zone coverages he could thrive. 

As far as his Punt Returner skills, When he actually returned them he was electric. The problem I had was not only the number of returnable punts that he would call a fair catch on, but more so the number of times he wouldn't even catch it and we get downed inside the 5. That is why I think he got replaced. 

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-DB-Christin-Tutt-withdraws-from-transfer-portal-159322767/

Declared for draft. Changed his mind. Decides to transfer. Has now withdrawn his name from the transfer portal.

Before the ugly comments I'd love to see this crazy story end with him playing another year for AU.

If anyone can fix his coverage issues it's coach Zac and Mason. He's a great player in run support.

Agree. While I am not overly high on Tutt, he does bring experience and with different coaching, who knows what kind of SR year he could have. This is good news. Experience in the SEC is just as good as a four or five star newcomer. Plus, I think he was a four star when recruited anyway.  It will be very intriguing to see what Harsin is able to do with some of the underutilized talent on the roster. 

Archived