2021 Texas RB Keaontay Ingram (USC 1/26)

ValleyTiger

21 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Solid back, and would be a good addition. I doubt that it happens though. He wants to be the man, and it doesn't make much sense for him to transfer here. Texas probably has the best freshman running back in the country not named Tank.

It does make sense for him to transfer here. There can be more than one man in a productive RB rotation. See Georgia with Chubb, Michel and, Swift.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, ellitor said:

It does make sense for him to transfer here. There can’t be more than one man in a productive RB rotation. See Georgia with Chubb, Michel and, Swift.

This guy and Cardwell are my favorites of the RB options left available to us. I hope AU is not just trying to get my hopes up again. I'm looking at possibilities left in '21 and grad transfers and thinking "maybe we can make this a reasonably decent recruiting class in the end..."

On 1/17/2021 at 6:17 PM, ellitor said:

It does make sense for him to transfer here. There can be more than one man in a productive RB rotation. See Georgia with Chubb, Michel and, Swift.

Any idea why he is leaving Texas? Is there mutual interest? 

10 hours ago, aubie17 said:

@aubie17 1. Probably the coaching change. That’s why most players leave when there’s a coaching change. 2. Yes. Been discussed a few times in the thread.

13 hours ago, aubie17 said:

Bijan Robinson was the number one back in the country last signing period and was taking over the role as top back as the season went on. New Coaching Staff as well.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:07 AM, AUinfusion said:

I'm looking at possibilities left in '21 and grad transfers and thinking "maybe we can make this a reasonably decent recruiting class in the end..."

I agree.  Just a few weeks ago I didn’t think this was even close to a remote possibility, and now I think “Hey, maybe so.”

someone send that RB a pin drop or road map to Auburn please.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not looking good on Cardwell atm.

That's got to be tough, in a year with no official visits, to decide to venture from CA to Auburn, AL in a matter of weeks?  Does he have family nearby?

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

That's got to be tough, in a year with no official visits, to decide to venture from CA to Auburn, AL in a matter of weeks?  Does he have family nearby?

Most of his mom's side is from Decatur.

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

He wasn’t born here but he was wombed here. That’s gotta count for something. 😝 

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

@ellitorare you hearing that Ingram is a grad transfer? 

@ValleyTiger I have seen mixed reports. As you know Jeffrey Lee says he’s a grad transfer. Keith says he is not from a reliable source he says.

So he entered the transfer portal but didn’t transfer immediately. Does he just not participate in Spring ball anywhere? Is he still enrolled at TX? I guess I’m wondering why you announce for the portal but don’t transfer in time to enroll in a new school for Spring semester. Why not wait to announce after Spring so you can keep practicing?

1 hour ago, Pedaler said:

So he entered the transfer portal but didn’t transfer immediately. Does he just not participate in Spring ball anywhere? Is he still enrolled at TX? I guess I’m wondering why you announce for the portal but don’t transfer in time to enroll in a new school for Spring semester. Why not wait to announce after Spring so you can keep practicing?

The thought comes to my mind that he has now seen and understood just want Sarkisian's offense can do with him in it.  

2 hours ago, Pedaler said:

@Pedaler1. Nope. 2. It's not necessarily announcing so you can get in the new school in the Spring. In fact, most transfers don't begin at their new school til the Summer in most cases. 3. He's a RB. They are one of the positions to have the easiest transitions to new programs. Even if not RB, why continue to practice at a school you know you aren't going to be at & continue learning on a system you aren't going to use. Unless a player hasn't finished their degree yet there is no real benefit practicing with the original team for a Spring semester if you know you are trasnsferring. Also Ingram entered the portal after this semester started so he can still take classes at Texas this semester & his UT football scholly still has to pay for it.

Archived