Exactly what was the previous staff doing?

chizhead

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I will defend Gus to the end...and then I'll keep going and going and going.

And, figure out new and creative ways to do it, lol. SMH. Talk about stubborn

Dye changed the offense to a more balanced offense after Bo and Fullwood. Gus changed his,to0. From a high school philosophy to a junior high offense.....Gus was lost once the rule change happened

17 hours ago, gctiger said:

I’ve often wondered if Gus got lazy and was just going through the motions all the while knowing he would be in for a big pay day.  He rarely seemed upset over losses and always gave the canned answer that they were gonna get the problem fixed.  The last several seasons were so bizarre compared to the first few seasons.  

Dammit Gus, why you gotta tempt me into sociopathy? I really want people to have a strong safety net, but I wonder if he stopped caring when he got that buyout.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

"Exactly what was the previous staff doing?"

One could go back on this forum to last Spring and there was great optimism. Some few were posting about 2021 going to be "the best class ever". Then the back stabbing started, disorganization followed and de-commitments were right behind. Guys who were said to be leaning toward Auburn looked elsewhere. Few if any new guys were added to the list and there ya' go.

In a very competitive situation like recruiting, everybody has to be working hard together just to break even. Our staff quit working together and as a result recruiting fell apart.

I wasn't optimistic about it.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:35 PM, chizhead said:

I am reading things that just leave me mystified concerning the recruitment of players. 4* OT from Columbus Ga. said the previous staff hardly talked with him. although they did offer last year. This staff is offering players from everywhere and they are not chumps,either. This is mind boggling to me. Just offered two 4* OT from THIS STATE!!!! This is amazingly incompetent and anyone who doesn't yet realize that Gus should have been fired years ago, I don't what else we can do for you....damn,on 24/7 one topic thread is titled," This staff recruited OT's harder in 8 days than Gus did in 8 years!"...Sure appears so

Microcosm of most criticisms of Malzahn. When things went right (e.g. consistent top 10 recruiting classes) it was because of assistants, but when a position wasnt recruited well by oh, say, the O line coach or regional assistant, that's on Gus. Bottom line is he was too loyal to post cancer Grimes and that position suffered from a lack of recruiting energy.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

I will defend Gus to the end...and then I'll keep going and going and going.

Keep on kickin' that dead horse, I'll keep on pointing out the fallacies.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Keep on kickin' that dead horse, I'll keep on pointing out the fallacies.

Yeah, that's what you're doing

one thing about mikey is he is pretty loyal. i understand how some folks do not care for it but i bet if  he was your friend and people were dissing you most of you would love the hell out of mikey. everyone is making suggestions on why gus did this or did that and it is still the same ol same ol if you say something nice about gus some on here think it automatically disqualifies him from having an opinion. does anyone really know what happened? really? i mean we have staff that betrayed gus and all of a sudden they are right? not buying it. and people on here get too much fun jumping people for their opinion on here and it gets tiresome. and it is not whether you agree or disagree with him but how you do it. and not all are nasty about it. but at the end of the day he loves auburn and the only times i have seen him get snarky on here is when people pile on him. what ever happened to "i love you brother but"............and that sort of thing. i mean come on guys this is not the political board.............

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and that sort of thing. i mean come on guys this is not the political board.............

So that you are fully informed, I have been "Cancel Cultured" from the political boards. I can't even see them any more, let alone post there. That's why we aren't debating our vast political differences these days. :)

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So that you are fully informed, I have been "Cancel Cultured" from the political boards. I can't even see them any more, let alone post there. That's why we aren't debating our vast political differences these days. :)

Welcome to the banned from where free speech/opinions are not allowed.😀

I have no idea what the last coaching staff was doing when it came to OL recruiting. Literally no idea......how we could not sign any HS OTs year after year after year was mind boggling. It made zero sense. I will never understand how we ended up not being able to sign an OTs for multiple years. 

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

well i miss it oddly enough.......

Seems a lot of folks around here are much more interested in holding 18 yr olds accountable for their personal decisions than they are in holding themselves accountable for their own words and deeds. Makes sense, though, once you learn their opinions on some other subjects.

Now, if the crybabies are done, I love what is revealed by these coaching changes. What suddenly goes out, what suddenly starts coming in... No guarantees that Harsin makes anything better but he's likely going to reveal some cracks in the foundation. OTs are obvious but I wonder what else we start seeing massive improvement in. 

Gus had, this year, 21 million reasons to not have to  make any extra effort in the recruiting department.

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Gus had, this year, 21 million reasons to not have to  make any extra effort in the recruiting department.

And yet the man isn't motivated by money. His stubbornness won the day, well lost it for him.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:35 PM, chizhead said:

I am reading things that just leave me mystified concerning the recruitment of players. 4* OT from Columbus Ga. said the previous staff hardly talked with him. although they did offer last year. This staff is offering players from everywhere and they are not chumps,either. This is mind boggling to me. Just offered two 4* OT from THIS STATE!!!! This is amazingly incompetent and anyone who doesn't yet realize that Gus should have been fired years ago, I don't what else we can do for you....damn,on 24/7 one topic thread is titled," This staff recruited OT's harder in 8 days than Gus did in 8 years!"...Sure appears so

@cole256 alluded . There is talent in our own stage that the previous staff often just over looked 

Archived