2022 4* OT Elijah Pritchett

ellitor

New Auburn staff prioritizing local 2022 4-star OT

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Columbus (Ga.) offensive tackle Elijah Pritchett is one of the top tackles in the 2022 class, but Auburn’s previous coaching staff didn’t make him feel that way.

“Under the last staff, I didn’t think Auburn was that into me because their whole coaching staff didn’t really talk to me and stuff like that,” Pritchett said. “I didn’t think they wanted me.”

The new staff, which includes offensive line coach Will Friend, isn’t making the same mistake.

“Coach Friend called me the other day and informed me that they are offering me,” Pritchett said. “It felt good. It felt real good.”

Pritchett has a prior relationship with Friend, one that dates back to when Friend was the offensive line coach at Tennessee.

“Coach Friend recruited me and offered me when he was at Tennessee,” Pritchett said. “I like Coach Friend. He’s outspoken and very straightforward. He’s going to tell you what it is and what it isn’t. I like that.”

The attention from Auburn and Friend has the Tigers squarely in the mix for Pritchett. He doesn’t have a top group, but said he’s looking hard at several schools, including Auburn, Alabama and South Carolina.

“Auburn is up there for me,” Pritchett said. “I went to an Auburn game when I was younger. It’s the only college game I’ve been to. I like it at Auburn, but haven’t been back lately.”

Pritchett hopes to change that soon.

“I’ve never been on a recruiting visit, so I hope they allow us to take them again,” he said. “I would most definitely visit Auburn.”

Pritchett doesn’t plan to rush a commitment.

“I’m going to take my time,” Pritchett said. “The earliest I would make my decision would be in the summer.”

Rivals ranks Pritchett, who is 6-foot-7 and 290 pounds, the No. 31 offensive tackle in the 2022 class and No. 226 overall.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Don’t worry boys, I’ll handle this guy

Damn! And I thought we had a shot here.

• Haha 5

I don't know how good the guy is, I'm assuming pretty, but I don't know how a regime that couldn't run 4th and 1s without potentially getting stuffed and had DL on the OL (ROUTINELY) couldn't see reason in offering a local lover of Auburn lol 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This new staff is serious about recruiting OTs.  Me likey!

Interesting how that change just happened huh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2021 at 4:59 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Interesting how that change just happened huh 

CBH conversation with Caddy

CBH: “So tell me again why no one thought it was a good idea to recruit OTs.”  

Caddy: “Here’s a list of guys I wanted to recruit to play OT, but I got overruled.  My RBs just can’t do much without some decent blocking from the big guys up front.”

CBH: “Ok, you’re hired.  Let’s go get some OTs!”

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 2:15 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't know how good the guy is, I'm assuming pretty, but I don't know how a regime that couldn't run 4th and 1s without potentially getting stuffed and had DL on the OL (ROUTINELY) couldn't see reason in offering a local lover of Auburn lol 

Rhetorical question or shall I count the ways the Gus regime missed offering this cat?

I will assume 'rhetorical'.    I may just have a stroke if I start down 'that road' again! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/Player/Elijah-Pritchett-46100449/

4* OT from Columbus Carver. #11 OT nationally in 247 rankings.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Elijah-Pritchett-46100449/
image.jpeg.7c5be8f6e5e420b7b77ad46fa3708969.jpeg4* OT from Columbus Carver. #11 nationally in 247 rankings. Grew up an Auburn fan.

Grew up initially a UGA fan and started following Auburn right after Cam 

2 hours ago, toddc said:

#11 nationally in 247 rankings.

#11 at his position, not overall in the class for those who might get confused.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Grew up initially a UGA fan and started following Auburn right after Cam 

So he’s been an AU fan since he was 7 or 8 years old.

• Haha 1

Just now, dilligas said:

So he’s been an AU fan since he was 7 or 8 years old.

@dilligasnot really. Combining what’s in the rivals and 247 articles it sounds like he’s taken more of an interest in Auburn but wasn’t a true fan. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

@dilligasnot really. Combining what’s in the rivals and 247 articles it sounds like he’s taken more of an interest in Auburn but wasn’t a true fan. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

I was just poking fun at the comment that he was a Uga fan until Cam came along.

• Like 2

A solid 4* who has been to Auburn, goes to school almost in our backyard, is definitely a position of need OT this is the type player the new staff really needs to sign. Very good OT but not at the Elite level seems to have height and Wing Span of an OT already 280 pounds on a 6'6" frame so should be able to easily be able to add good mass over next couple years. Ideal candidate for Auburn 1 year as a Redshirt to go through strength and conditioning to learn the new system and we have an SEC caliber OT.

• Like 3

any offensive player with the word "tackle " in their position is a take. 

I know I am exaggerating, but not by much.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

4-star OT 'looking hard' at Auburn

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Four-star offensive tackle Elijah Pritchett was an early top target for the new Auburn staff.

Bryan Harsin, offensive coordinator Mike Bobo and offensive line coach Will Friend offered Pritchett in January and immediately showed heavy interest.

Two months later, nothing has changed.

“I still hear from Auburn a lot,” Pritchett said. “I talk mostly with Coach Friend, but I also talk with Coach Bobo, too. They are recruiting me hard.”

Pritchett, from nearby Columbus, Ga., isn’t a stranger to Friend. The two have a prior relationship that dates back to when Friend was offensive line coach at Tennessee.

“I like Coach Friend,” Pritchett said. “He’s a pretty nice dude. I’ve known him since Tennessee and am building a good relationship with him. He’s outspoken and very straightforward. He’s going to tell you what it is and what it isn’t. I like that.”

Pritchett also likes Auburn. The interest Auburn is showing him is being reciprocated.

“I’m looking hard at Auburn,” Pritchett said. “I like the location. It’s close to home. And I like the players, coaches and history of the program.”

Pritchett has visited Auburn – he attended a game – but not as a recruit. He hopes to change that this summer.

“I hope to take some visits soon if things open back up,” Pritchett said. “I want to visit Auburn, of course, and as many schools as I can.”

In addition to Auburn, Pritchett is hearing mainly from Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas and Florida State.

Pritchett doesn’t plan to make his college decision anytime soon.

“I’m going to take my time,” Pritchett said. “The earliest I would make my decision would be in the summer.”

• Thanks 1

What is an OT? we don't have those at AU, Right? Watched a bit of film. Strong kid but needs to play lower. He is almost standing when lined up. Might need to work on his flexibility. These OT characters are something new we may need to familiarize ourselves with.

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

What is an OT?

You might be familiar with what Gus referred to them as, Wide Guards

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 4 months later...