Cornelius Williams New WR Coach

Tony4AU

22 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Me too underwhelming.  They say he knows the southeast for recruiting but the SEC does not recruit the same players or schools as Troy.

Which is exactly why you can't judge his recruiting until now. I would bet him and zac will turn out to be 2 of our best recruiters.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's some solid spin 😅😅

Just trying to make it make sense. I'm tired of being the negative Nancy for the hires lol.

• Haha 3

I to was a little underwhelmed considering the other names that we had heard mentioned.

Coach Harsin’s staff Is an interesting mix of old, grizzled veteran’s along with some younger rising stars. It’s also an interesting mix of stellar recruiters and outstanding teachers/developers.

But they all seem to mirror Harsin’s drive, hard work, and attention to detail.

if this is the man he wants I’m glad he got him.

• Love 1

I have no idea about this hire but....a lot of negative response when Caddy and TWill got hired and even more people clamoring for them to be retained by the new staff. I’ll trust Coach Harsin and give him the benefit of the doubt on his staff hires starting out here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Got a feeling this will at least be an upgrade from Kodi. Good luck coach! 

Upgrade from Kodi is not a reason to hire this guy.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Anyone watched troy play last few years? I have. I promise their development of the wr position has exceeded auburns that last few years. 

that is the reason the auburn coaches were fired.  But saying that troy development exceeded auburn is relative.  We are going to play Alabama, Georgia and LSU  and when we play those teams our wide receivers out perform theirs then that is a great hire.  That is deciding factor for all our coaches.

I don't know much about him,  but my impression from His Bio,   his announcement,  and what Harsin said about him...

In general,  he fits the pattern Harsin has been hiring.  Charismatic with a strong work ethic.

As a recruiter he seems like a down to earth charismatic guy

As a coach,   "I'm hungry to get to work and continue to grow and develop under his leadership."    Seems like he is humble enough to know he is still growing as a coach.  Willing to learn  and a  strong work ethic.   I'll take that every day and twice on Sunday. 

Strong work ethic,  willing to learn,  and easy to get along with. Everything else can be learned or adjusted.  No wonder he is an "up and comer". 

Reading these hires threads and the Shivers thread makes me sad. This place is just as bad as rivals now. 
None of you know how this is going to turn out. It could be bad or it could be great...But many of you have complained over and over and over again about most hires Harsin has made. 
I mean you don’t have to be ra ra kind of fan but at least give the guys a damn chance. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

“In six seasons at Troy, Williams' wide receivers were named All-Sun Belt 14 times. In 2020, the position group saw the 100-yard receiving mark eclipsed 11 times, breaking Troy's single-season program record.” 

From 24/7 article and all we need to know!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

“In six seasons at Troy, Williams' wide receivers were named All-Sun Belt 14 times. In 2020, the position group saw the 100-yard receiving mark eclipsed 11 times, breaking Troy's single-season program record.” 

From 24/7 article and all we need to know!

Kinda surprised he's been a Troy for 6 years and as such a good coach only getting an opportunity now

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Reading these hires threads and the Shivers thread makes me sad. This place is just as bad as rivals now. 
None of you know how this is going to turn out. It could be bad or it could be great...But many of you have complained over and over and over again about most hires Harsin has made. 
I mean you don’t have to be ra ra kind of fan but at least give the guys a damn chance. 

2 things: lots of new posters since Gus got canned, and the long, drawn out search raises anticipation levels.

• Like 3

Wow at the board right now. A bunch of middle aged and old guys who really don't know too much arguing with players parents and talking and judging things they don't have any expertise in........and willargue up and down. This is wild

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

2 things: lots of new posters since Gus got canned, and the long, drawn out search raises anticipation levels.

Imagine if we were LSU.  O as HC.  Just hired an OC that has never called a play.  Cant find someone to be DC.  We would smelt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Me too underwhelming.  They say he knows the southeast for recruiting but the SEC does not recruit the same players or schools as Troy.

Really think about this......please see how it doesn't make sense

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Yup. We still have people fussing about Derek Mason (the most no-brainer hire so far)

• Like 1

I have an idea. Let’s all list our occupations and how long we’ve been doing it, and see how it relates to being qualified to critique a  football coaching hire. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

We hired Harsin. We gotta back Harsin. Welcome coach Williams. 

I agree. He (Coach Harsin) knows what he is expecting from his coaches and seems to have hired a varied and talented group. There are some important folks that Harsin brought in that he has worked closely with at Boise and such. I expect those "management" hires to do a lot of leg work and allow Harsin to coach and lead. The on-field coaches seems to be a mix of talent, familiarity with football and recruiting in Auburn's geograpic area. Rather pleased and expecting new excitement and improvement.

• Like 1