Cornelius Williams New WR Coach

Tony4AU

You'd be amazed at what a real, thorough interview process can reveal. Do these candidates agree philosophically? Are they expecting higher pay based on their merit as recruiters, and/or can they demonstrate an "expert" level of knowledge and skill regarding the position? Do they have a plan and good organizational skills? Can they be relied upon to do the job without constant oversight? Can they provide examples of their position group meeting and/or exceeding expectations?

• Like 3

I believe he's hungry and believes in Coach Harsin. I'm glad he has this opportunity. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. War Eagle

• Like 3

I am ready for change. I do not expect us to be world beaters immediately. However, even with extreme talent, nothing ever takes 2nd place to hard work and dedication.

• Like 1

I guess people think he don't know the secret techniques that only SEC wr get taught. And also 5*recruits are different people than 3* recruits. 5*recruits speak a different language and play a different form of football. You must have a secret special training to recruit them as well

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Not to be Zeek but I’m a little disappointed in this one. We’ll see though

Of all the candidates mentioned, Williams seems like a huge swing and a miss. Why did it take CBH this long to go with Williams as his WR coach?  I know very little about the man, other than he’s not D Craig, T Martin, or one of the other major coaches supposedly in play, but like most here, gotta give him a chance. Hopefully he’s who CBH wanted vs. who he could get. 

Edited by auburndkel

So many people think coaches should come from diamonds and gold. How the hell you think they got that way? 

WDE! Bank it!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

What a let down from the names being thrown out. Feel free to spin this one however you want. 

Just Bc a guy isn’t a “big name” doesn’t mean he won’t be successful and become one. All these great position coaches started and made their names somewhere. From things I’ve read up on him, I think this a really good hire.

• Like 3

It makes sense the same fan base to fall for Gus loop to also still be fixated on only splash hires can be good. Who knew bammer wr coach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Reading these hires threads and the Shivers thread makes me sad. This place is just as bad as rivals now. 
None of you know how this is going to turn out. It could be bad or it could be great...But many of you have complained over and over and over again about most hires Harsin has made. 
I mean you don’t have to be ra ra kind of fan but at least give the guys a damn chance. 

On Shiver’s, I honestly think we have a bammer or two trying to run Shiver’s off by pissing off his mom.

On the WR coach, I agree that Harsin is doing the interviewing and probably knows his business, but I understand the disappointment when we go from “probably and NFL guy or this well respected name” to hiring a position coach from Troy. Not saying he won’t be great, but I understand wanting those highly regarded known quantities.

• Like 2

I do not know anything about Coach C-Will but names don’t really matter at the end of the day. He will absolutely be an upgrade from Kodi just by sheer default. Auburn is the only team I’ve watched in recently memory that had receivers who didn’t know how to scramble or come back to the ball. If we can get them to simply do that then we will be just fine. Kodi was okay on the recruiting trail but I feel like any young guy, such as C-Will is, can relate just as well as Kodi if not better. 

The best things about these hires is the troll job CBH is doing by throwing a curveball to the social media insiders. Love it. Different , young and hungry 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I agree with a lot of posters in liking how this coaching staff is coming together. A diverse mix of young, hungry coaches with mature proven coordinators.  Who's next? CT-Will please!! I am really looking forward to next season! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I have an idea. Let’s all list our occupations and how long we’ve been doing it, and see how it relates to being qualified to critique a  football coaching hire. 

So you can't talk football ever again? 

That's kinda silly don't you think? What's the point being on a message board? 

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Kinda surprised he's been a Troy for 6 years and as such a good coach only getting an opportunity now

He’s been a Div1 coach for 6 years, what do you mean this is his first opportunity? Troy isn’t a JV team ya know. 

36 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

Of all the candidates mentioned, Williams seems like a huge swing and a miss. Why did it take CBH this long to go with Williams as his WR coach?  I know very little about the man, other than he’s not D Craig, T Martin, or one of the other major coaches supposedly in play, but like most here, gotta give him a chance. Hopefully he’s who CBH wanted vs. who he could get. 

Probably because it was an interview process. Those take time. Apparently he has a process and just does not knee jerk hire. 

3 minutes ago, rophle said:

He’s been a Div1 coach for 6 years, what do you mean this is his first opportunity? Troy isn’t a JV team ya know. 

Also he is Troy Alum. I don’t think he was gonna just walk away, had to be the right opportunity.

Edited by PoetTiger
Error

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

The best things about these hires is the troll job CBH is doing by throwing a curveball to the social media insiders. Love it. Different , young and hungry 

No doubt . And, as @cole256 and others have pointed out, being hungry, relatable, and a great motivator are the keys to coaching WRs. From all accounts, C-Will should check those boxes, in addition to being a good teacher. 

Let's give this guy a shot. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

So many people think coaches should come from diamonds and gold. How the hell you think they got that way? 

WDE! Bank it!

I prefer mine from scrap iron.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So you can't talk football ever again? 

That's kinda silly don't you think? What's the point being on a message board? 

Occupation   Years

Soldier               4

Officer               3

High School LB/DB Coach 5

Paramedic        6

Coastie             6

EH&S               15

🤪 lol

• Like 1