Grade each hire so far

AUwent

On 1/16/2021 at 12:53 PM, W.E.D said:

I don't see the beast recruiting that everyone else does with Mason, but I think back with better athletes and focusing just on Defense I'm hoping he can be a very good DC. 

Can you imagine why it’s difficult to build a recruiting resume at Vandy and Stanford? Of course you can.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

These type of threads are free entertainment...

image.gif.47bfa22b9377b14b2c8a10560c575447.gif

Ill just grade the ones I can have an opinion about

Harsin B-

Bobo C

Friend B-

Caddy A-

Mason A+

Rocker B+

Etheridge C

Lorrando A+++++++++ 

Lorrando is gonna put a foot in somebody's butt if they go sniffing around areas they're not allowed 

On 1/16/2021 at 12:53 PM, W.E.D said:

I don't see the beast recruiting that everyone else does with Mason, but I think back with better athletes and focusing just on Defense I'm hoping he can be a very good DC. 

he was able to recruit legitimately great athletes to two of the hardest programs to recruit for, one of which is located in the South. Idk what else fits the bill of "beast recruiting" 

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Can you imagine why it’s difficult to build a recruiting resume at Vandy and Stanford? Of course you can.

He was also at Stanford. He never had a massive recruiting resume. 

Just bc you're at a bad school doesn't mean you can't recruit 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

he was able to recruit legitimately great athletes to two of the hardest programs to recruit for, one of which is located in the South. Idk what else fits the bill of "beast recruiting" 

I mean, he's recruited so well that, even though he was fired his defense was at least good... Right? 

It doesn't mean he can't recruit, but he has no history of being an elite recruiter. Show me something before we crown him 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's hard to recruit at Stanford as well but he mentioned Stanford in his original post

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's hard to recruit at Stanford as well but he mentioned Stanford in his original post

Stanford isn't Vandy. They get legit good players. Cmon 

They always have about the 20th ranked class or better. Sometimes top 10

In 2017 they had 3 five star kids. That's more than Auburn has ever had in a class. At least be remotely accurate 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Stanford isn't Vandy. They get legit good players. Cmon 

They always have about the 20th ranked class or better. Sometimes top 10

In 2017 they had 3 five star kids. That's more than Auburn has ever had in a class. At least be remotely accurate 

Clearly you don't even know what you are even arguing, there's nobody here that said Stanford is vandy. You're either so desperate or either insecure to try to win an imaginary argument that a discussion can't be had with you. Just go on and look stupid saying Mason isn't good because he didn't make vandy into a top 3 power school

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Clearly you don't even know what you are even arguing, there's nobody here that said Stanford is vandy. You're either so desperate or either insecure to try to win an imaginary argument that a discussion can't be had with you. Just go on and look stupid saying Mason isn't good because he didn't make vandy into a top 3 power school

I'm talking recruiting. You claimed it's hard to recruit to Stanford, just like it is had to recruit to Vandy. That's flat out false.

Stanford has 5* recruits going there regularly and has had top 10 classes recently. If he was a beast recruiter, as many here say, he should have a reputation or a resume from being at Stanford. 

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Ill just grade the ones I can have an opinion about

Harsin B-

Caddy A-

This is an interesting exercise, but I'm very interested in finding out what the parameters are behind some of these grades. For example, I can't imagine any scenario wherein Harsin is a "B-" and yet Cadillac is an "A-"? What exactly is your rating scale based around? 

40 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm talking recruiting. You claimed it's hard to recruit to Stanford, just like it is had to recruit to Vandy. That's flat out false.

Stanford has 5* recruits going there regularly and has had top 10 classes recently. If he was a beast recruiter, as many here say, he should have a reputation or a resume from being at Stanford. 

No what is flat out false is you saying that 5 stars are there regularly. How bout you show me and please be better than showing one year where there are two or three.

Show me all these top 10 classes please.

Please show me the steady yearly 5 star attendance. Z after you can't do that please shut up and at least be remotely accurate. 

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No what is flat out false is you saying that 5 stars are there regularly. How bout you show me and please be better than showing one year where there are two or three.

Please show me the steady yearly 5 star attendance. Z after you can't do that please shut up and at least be remotely accurate. 

This. Stanford was god awful until Harbaugh got there. They had a resurgence and were very good for a few years but have since regressed. Stanford overall has excellent athletics but is also one of the top 5-10 academic institutions in the country, above Vandy, and has to overcome that in recruiting. They have done better than Vandy but are not landing top ten classes regularly

Im just not sure how most people here could give grades on most of these new hires when damn near nobody knew half of these guys a week ago

The grading would make more sense after one year and recruiting class

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

You totally missed it.  

38 minutes ago, metafour said:

This is an interesting exercise, but I'm very interested in finding out what the parameters are behind some of these grades. For example, I can't imagine any scenario wherein Harsin is a "B-" and yet Cadillac is an "A-"? What exactly is your rating scale based around? 

Something close to this...

1*h7yja2FwuM3yss2ybLpaKA.png

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

17 they had 3, 14 they had one, 12 that had 2.  So they are regularly getting one or more 5* players ever few cycles.  That's not Vandy level of recruiting.

They had the #7 class in 2012 or so and consistently had a top 20 class for the next 5-7 classes.  they consistently recruit well.

Again, to replay the tape

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's hard to recruit at Stanford

No, no it is not:

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Stanford isn't Vandy

If Mason was a beast recruiter, he'd have a track record of recruits he brought to Stanford.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:25 PM, AUwent said:

We need a general consensus.

No we don't. 

Furthermore, this is a fan site...what do we know about hiring position coaches?  We don't always know which players are good, much less the coaching that we're rarely privy to.

Harson B+(trending up)

Mason A 

Bobo B- 

Rocker B

C. Will B (I'm really hopeful about this guy)

I love the Mason hire. The only issue is that how long he'll stay before he bolts to another HC gig. 

53 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Harson B+(trending up)

Mason A 

Bobo B- 

Rocker B

C. Will B (I'm really hopeful about this guy)

I love the Mason hire. The only issue is that how long he'll stay before he bolts to another HC gig. 

I hear ya, and agree to a point. But I’d rather have assistants and coordinators that others are fighting to get than for there to be no outside interest, or even worse, we’re paying to go away. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

17 they had 3, 14 they had one, 12 that had 2.  So they are regularly getting one or more 5* players ever few cycles.  That's not Vandy level of recruiting.

They had the #7 class in 2012 or so and consistently had a top 20 class for the next 5-7 classes.  they consistently recruit well.

Again, to replay the tape

No, no it is not:

If Mason was a beast recruiter, he'd have a track record of recruits he brought to Stanford.

Exactly so in the past 10 freaking years they have had 6 and if you go 20 years back they've had 7 that's not regularly getting any and I see how you tried to change up your words from regularly getting them to now every other cycle

And they aren't consistently in the top 20 they hit the top 20 every now and again but it's not consistent. They have to try to find athletes that score around a 26 on the ACT other schools guys can qualify with a 16 . 

You don't know what you are talking about

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Exactly so in the past 10 freaking years they have had 6 and if you go 20 years back they've had 7 that's not regularly getting any and I see how you tried to change up your words from regularly getting them to now every other cycle

And they aren't consistently in the top 20 they hit the top 20 every now and again but it's not consistent. They have to try to find athletes that score around a 26 on the ACT other schools guys can qualify with a 16 . 

You don't know what you are talking about

You're getting way too caught up in a detail that doesn't help you.

Show me how many 5* Vandy has had.  Show me how many top 10 classes they've had in the last decade.  Show me how many top 20 classes Vandy has had.

The answer to all over those is 0 for Vandy.  Now do Stanford.

Stanford isn't Vandy.  They recruit well, regardless of academic restrictions.  Take your L

For the last decade, Stanford has been in the top 20 every other year.  Top 25 80% of the time.  Here's their last decade of rankings

21, 19, 40, 14, 16, 24, 13, 52, 7, 22

Vandy is consistently between 45 and 65.  Again, Stanford isn't Vandy in terms of recruiting 

Archived