Darren Uscher Hired as Director of Recruiting

AUbehemoth

Another Boise staffer being brought on. Thoughts?

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Darren-Uscher-expected-to-be-Auburn-football-coach-Bryan-Harsins-Director-of-Recruiting-college-football-Bryan-Harsin-158728829/

Please post at least a portion of the artcile and not just a link.

Trusted Boise State staffer to be Auburn's new Director of Recruiting

One of Auburn football coach Bryan Harsin's most important and trusted employees at his previous stop is following him to Auburn.

While the school has yet to make an official announcement, Darren Uscher, who served as Boise State's Director of Recruiting and Player Personnel, is expected to named the Tigers' new Director of Recruiting. In fact, Auburn Undercover has learned he already has been on the job for a couple weeks. Also, Uscher has changed his Twitter handle and bio to reflect his new job. 

Uscher Tweeted his goodbyes to Boise State on Saturday.

Go with what ya know, I’ve got no problem with that. Ultimately Harsin will be held accountable for his success or failure. Since that’s the case, I’d absolutely go with what I’m comfortable with. 

3 hours ago, AUbehemoth said:

I absolutely love it. The amount of detail this guy brings in this role has been sorely missing for us. I can think of two 5 star recruits, Rashan Gary and Nakobe Dean who left AU recruiting visits less than impressed with the academic presentation compared to the schools they chose. (Michigan and UGA) We need someone on top of those types of recruiting functions. War Eagle 🦅 

I think it is the perfect mix of bringing in the Boise guys he trusts the most and sees the most value in to warrant being a part of a top tier SEC Program but also not going to far down that rabbit hole and having a lot of non boise guys on staff. Especially with the on field roles.

i think this could be great for us. did Boom not laugh about how we did recruiting and all it entails? maybe he is doing this so coaches can coach more and recruit less and still have great results? i am just making a guess here but he has a right hand man he just hired to deflect from the powers to keep interfering too much so coaches are not wasting time dancing around boosters.

2 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Roster management?    Is that a thing?

My understanding is that would be a Director of Player Personnel type position

2 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Roster management?    Is that a thing?

You mean we'll actually have someone who can keep count of the number of games a player plays in so we do not accidentally burn a redshirt season. 🤯

I'm very happy with the new organizational approach to recruiting, with an off-field support structure providing the additional resources to help each coach perform well.

Coming from Boise they had to do more with less. They were super organized and found a way to be off the beaten track in the middle of nowhere to recruit extremly well for their conference and beat out the big West Coast schools for some key players. That type of organization will go a long way here where they will have more resources and be close to the recruiting hot beds in this region while still finding some key players out of this region.

Harsin said early on he wanted a recruiting organization not just coaches recruiting. That is what bama does it is one of the reasons that they get so many 4* and 5* plus when they do pick up a 3* they have scouted that player and know he has the potential to be a lot better than his rating.

This is the type of guy to get us where we need to be in recruiting. It will take some time.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:03 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Coming from Boise they had to do more with less. They were super organized and found a way to be off the beaten track in the middle of nowhere to recruit extremly well for their conference and beat out the big West Coast schools for some key players. That type of organization will go a long way here where they will have more resources and be close to the recruiting hot beds in this region while still finding some key players out of this region.

Harsin said early on he wanted a recruiting organization not just coaches recruiting. That is what bama does it is one of the reasons that they get so many 4* and 5* plus when they do pick up a 3* they have scouted that player and know he has the potential to be a lot better than his rating.

This is the type of guy to get us where we need to be in recruiting. It will take some time.

Love this.

There's been a general assumption that bama is more of a "business" and Auburn is more of a "family", and that recruits choose one or the other. I see no reason why we shouldn't be the "family business" nor why recruits can't have both here. 

Archived