Jump to content
Null

Auburn Players Jumping Ship To Tennessee !!


Recommended Posts





  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm 58 years old and graduated from Auburn in 1985.  I watched every home game from the student section for 4 years, as Bo Jackson (Big Train) and Lionell James (Little Train) dominated SEC defenses. 

I used to eat lunch with Coach Dye occasionally when I worked in Tallassee at the East Tallassee Cafe. Most accessible head coach of a major college program of his time. First time I saw him in there,

who's going to start the "Tennessee players jumping ship to Auburn" thread now?  

18 hours ago, HarsinVOL said:

Wrong. Winning the transfer game is crucial.

I guess when you don't win on the field you gotta cling to something.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

https://twitter.com/VolsPix/status/1350938884839006220

"Rodney Garner, former Auburn defensive line coach, is the front-runner for the same title at UT.

Per a source, Garner is already locked in with a MOU.

He'd be a tremendous addition to an already impressive defensive staff."

As we've seen at AU, it doesn't matter how good the staff is if the head coach is trash.  JFYI, MOUs are worthless in the coaching industry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My, my, my. Pruitt’s out and so is Fulmer. Any player crazy enough to transfer into that mess can go today. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarsinVOL said:

https://twitter.com/VolsPix/status/1350938884839006220

"Rodney Garner, former Auburn defensive line coach, is the front-runner for the same title at UT.

Per a source, Garner is already locked in with a MOU.

He'd be a tremendous addition to an already impressive defensive staff."

Kevin Steele HC

Rodney Garner DC

Ahahahahaha.

Have fun, LMAO. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, metafour said:

Kevin Steele HC

Rodney Garner DC

Ahahahahaha.

Have fun, LMAO. 

What about Gus Malzahn as OC????????????

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I'm 58 years old and graduated from Auburn in 1985.  I watched every home game from the student section for 4 years, as Bo Jackson (Big Train) and Lionell James (Little Train) dominated SEC defenses.  Auburn DOMINATED the SEC in the 1980's.  And Lionell James had NO PROBLEM taking 2nd fiddle to Bo Jackson, and James was rewarded with a brilliant Auburn career, and made waves in the NFL.  I hope Shaun Shivers will see the value of this, even if he does (and will) take a 2nd seat to Tank Bigsby next year.  If not, then next man up.  Auburn begs NO PLAYER to stay.

I watched in awe as Pat Dye came to the Student Union EVERY DAY and took our questions, and answered them directly, with no deflection whatsoever.  I remember distinctly the questions I asked Dye, and his candid answers.

Any player who "wants to defect" from Auburn, I say this: get the hell out of here.  There is a narrow road leading to Auburn Football opportunities, and a WIDE road leading out.

I don't expect young people to understand where I'm coming from.  And I don't hold a grudge if they don't understand the history from which I speak.

You do know that during those 4 years Auburn only won one SEC championship.    I would say that’s far from dominating the conference.    Auburn won more championships after they left.    

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aubaseball said:

You do know that during those 4 years Auburn only won one SEC championship.    I would say that’s far from dominating the conference.    Auburn won more championships after they left.    

 

What I meant was that Auburn won more championships than any other SEC team did in the 1980s.  Five total. i believe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

What I meant was that Auburn won more championships than any other SEC team did in the 1980s.  Five total. i believe.

 

And that Pat Dye was the arcitect of that run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MaxCohen216 said:

And that Pat Dye was the arcitect of that run.

And that a "little guy" like Lionell James would dare take 2nd fiddle behind Bo Jackson, and still carve out an iconic Auburn and respectable pro career, all while staying loyal to the Auburn team who gave him his chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CameronCrazy said:

Hopefully this stops any more DL from jumping ship to Tennessee with probation coming.

Part of Big Kats reason to go there was to follow his high school coach, Felton. And he got fired today too. Dang. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Part of Big Kats reason to go there was to follow his high school coach, Felton. And he got fired today too. Dang. 

As someone else said in another thread post, the best thing about Big Kat was his name, not his game.  I'm not sure we lost anything, except to give another a guy a chance to truly excel at that position.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

And that a "little guy" like Lionell James would dare take 2nd fiddle behind Bo Jackson, and still carve out an iconic Auburn and respectable pro career, all while staying loyal to the Auburn team who gave him his chance.

He wasn’t second fiddle.   They were in the same backfield.   Completely different offense.   You can’t fault someone for wanting to play more, especially if they feel like they put forth more effort during practice and other activities.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I watched in awe as Pat Dye came to the Student Union EVERY DAY and took our questions, and answered them directly, with no deflection whatsoever.  I remember distinctly the questions I asked Dye, and his candid answers.

I used to eat lunch with Coach Dye occasionally when I worked in Tallassee at the East Tallassee Cafe. Most accessible head coach of a major college program of his time. First time I saw him in there, he offered to let me sit at his booth because there were no other seats available.

Coach Jordan was that way too. I remember Coach Jordan introducing himself to me when I was walking across campus before fall classes started as a freshman. He introduced himself to me, not the other way around. When I was a sophomore, he saw me on campus and called me by name and asked me how my mother and father were doing.

Great men, but humble too. I've only cried twice when great football coaches died - Jordan and Dye.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If CRG is coaching there next year, UTk fans (what few are left) will get to enjoy watching the D-line technique of avoiding swim moves, locking up with the O-lineman and try to bull-rush every play.     So wonderful to watch.    

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

If CRG is coaching there next year, UTk fans (what few are left) will get to enjoy watching the D-line technique of avoiding swim moves, locking up with the O-lineman and try to bull-rush every play.     So wonderful to watch.    

Amen to this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Part of Big Kats reason to go there was to follow his high school coach, Felton. And he got fired today too. Dang. 

So Big Kats hypocrisy and lack of loyalty to the school that loved him came back to bite him.

Amazing he didn’t understand what was going on up there with Pruitt. It had been in the news for weeks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...