Inciting people to violence is worthy of impeachment, right?

Grumps

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Definitely. Impeach Mickey Rourke, Johnny Depp and Kathy Griffin.

Keep straining to minimize what happened, dude. 

#1. They weren't the only people who "incited" violence, were they?

#2. It is the dems who are wanting to impeach private citizens, isn't it?

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

#1. They weren't the only people who "incited" violence, were they?

Any evidence they truly incited violence?

Ben Shapiro is a pseudointellectual working up his demented following about some amorphous “left.” Brilliant argument. 

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Any evidence they truly incited violence?

Ben Shapiro is a pseudointellectual working up his demented following about some amorphous “left.” Brilliant argument. 

Any evidence that Trump incited violence?

Attack the source again. Got it!  Are you saying that the videos that Shapiro posted are not accurate?

What party plans to have an impeachment trial for a private citizen? Remind me, can you impeach a private citizen?

Just now, Grumps said:

Any evidence that Trump incited violence?

Attack the source again. Got it!  Are you saying that the videos that Shapiro posted are not accurate?

What party plans to have an impeachment trial for a private citizen? Remind me, can you impeach a private citizen?

You’re getting stupider.

4 hours ago, Grumps said:

He's been impeached while still in public office.  Get your facts straight if you're gonna strain on this topic.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's been impeached while still in public office.  Get your facts straight if you're gonna strain on this topic.

You are correct! That's why I clarified in a later post:

"What party plans to have an impeachment trial for a private citizen? Remind me, can you impeach a private citizen?"

This is all political. Politics is played this way now and I accept that. I am glad that Trump will soon be out of office. But that doesn't change my opinion that both of his impeachments were without merit.

37 minutes ago, Grumps said:

You are correct! That's why I clarified in a later post.

This is all political. Politics is played this way now and I accept that. I am glad that Trump will soon be out of office. But that doesn't change my opinion that both of his impeachments were without merit.

The quote you attributed to me isn’t mine.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The quote you attributed to me isn’t mine.

Sorry, that was unintentional. It was a quote of mine in a reply to you. I am not sure why it was attributed to you.

Edit: I think I fixed it. Thanks for the heads up!

45 minutes ago, Grumps said:

You are correct! That's why I clarified in a later post:

"What party plans to have an impeachment trial for a private citizen? Remind me, can you impeach a private citizen?"

The Constitutional lawyers will argue this one and the Supreme Court will presumably decide. I’ve heard different arguments. I think it can be tried because there are rulings only available from this process.

I’m not surprised you continue to come down on the side of no accountability. Many principled Republicans who’ve supported Trump disagree.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/533534-christie-if-trumps-actions-arent-impeachable-then-i-dont-really%3famp

I could just as easily say that I am not surprised that you continue to come down on the side of no accountability for the people who actually committed crimes. I don't care what principled republicans (an oxymoron?) think. I base my opinion on the words that Trump said. I don't hold the organizers of the BLM rallies responsible for the actions of the idiots who decided to loot and burn things.

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

I could just as easily say that I am not surprised that you continue to come down on the side of no accountability for the people who actually committed crimes. I don't care what principled republicans (an oxymoron?) think. I base my opinion on the words that Trump said. I don't hold the organizers of the BLM rallies responsible for the actions of the idiots who decided to loot and burn things.

I base my opinion on the words he said and tweeted for months on end.

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I base my opinion on the words he said and tweeted for months on end.

So you feel that the impeachment is based more on what he said and tweeted before the rally/riot?

17 minutes ago, Grumps said:

So you feel that the impeachment is based more on what he said and tweeted before the rally/riot?

If you read the Article of Impeachment, Congress points it out, as well.

And please stop with the garbage about impeaching a "private citizen." It's an absurd argument. If the President had shot someone, would you be here saying he shouldn't be impeached because he's a private citizen? 

15 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

If you read the Article of Impeachment, Congress points it out, as well.

And please stop with the garbage about impeaching a "private citizen." It's an absurd argument. If the President had shot someone, would you be here saying he shouldn't be impeached because he's a private citizen? 

"In impeachment proceedings, the defendant does not risk forfeiture of life, liberty, or property. According to the Constitution, the only penalties allowed to be imposed by the Senate are removal from office and disqualification from holding any federal office in the future."

If the above statement is true, then removing Trump from office when he is no longer in office is what is absurd. Are you saying that the primary purpose of the impeachment is to try to keep Trump from holding any federal office in the future? If so, then I suppose it is not as silly as I was thinking.

2 minutes ago, Grumps said:

"In impeachment proceedings, the defendant does not risk forfeiture of life, liberty, or property. According to the Constitution, the only penalties allowed to be imposed by the Senate are removal from office and disqualification from holding any federal office in the future."

If the above statement is true, then removing Trump from office when he is no longer in office is what is absurd. Are you saying that the primary purpose of the impeachment is to try to keep Trump from holding any federal office in the future? If so, then I suppose it is not as silly as I was thinking.

It’s the only means of assessing that sanction.

36 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Certainly In my opinion he should be kept from holding office in the future. My opinion aside, the impeachment needs to be part of the record. He should be treated the same as if he had committed these offenses two years ago. Accountability matters, and history should show whether Congress supported convicting or acquitting.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, TexasTiger said:

Guiliani will protect me!

guili reminds me of the vampire floating outside the window in kings movie adoption of salems lot. it still amazes me how he took on the mob and ended up like he is now lying and acting stupid like he does.

18 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

guili reminds me of the vampire floating outside the window in kings movie adoption of salems lot. it still amazes me how he took on the mob and ended up like he is now lying and acting stupid like he does.

I am no underwear model myself, but I agree with you. RG has always had a Bela Lugosi look to him.

Archived