The process of incitement

TexasTiger

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Pelosi telling everyone at a news conference when asked about the rioting, looting and violence stated: “People are gonna do what people do.” no condemnation, no cry for it to stop, nothing. 

Thanks for the link to the two minute exchange. While Pelosi tends to be a clumsy communicator, I don’t think that’s a fair characterization of her overall statement. She said the issue of which statues should remain in a community is up to each community. The particular phrase you excerpt was in response to whether it should be determined by a commission. That’s the clear context.

22 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Thanks for the link to the two minute exchange. While Pelosi tends to be a clumsy communicator, I don’t think that’s a fair characterization of her overall statement. She said the issue of which statues should remain in a community is up to each community. The particular phrase you excerpt was in response to whether it should be determined by a commission. That’s the clear context.

AND violence is okay then? She did not object in ANY way to the destruction of publicly owned property.
If Trump had said that we would have two threads on the forum here. Pelosi says it and we have people bending over backwards to make excuses for it. 

Look Einstein, we had people violently taking over several metro city centers, some for 100 days or so, and the Democrat Mayors did...NOTHING. When Trump actually, finally got off his ass and did something he was called every name in the book. Was it perfect? Oh hell no. But at least he did something, wrong as it was. The Democrat Mayor of Portland? He still hasnt done a damn thing.

Where do all those closed businesses go? Where do the owners, and the employees go. Dreams, Careers, Lifetimes? Even if they were given $$$ it wont recover the businesses, etc. WhoTF is going to shop in downtown Portland ever again. Who is going to go back downtown and rebuild and reclaim what will probably be burned down in a few more months?

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

AND violence is okay then? She did not object in ANY way to the destruction of publicly owned property.
If Trump had said that we would have two threads on the forum here. Pelosi says it and we have people bending over backwards to make excuses for it. 

Look Einstein, we had people violently taking over several metro city centers, some for 100 days or so, and the Democrat Mayors did...NOTHING. When Trump actually, finally got off his ass and did something he was called every name in the book. Was it perfect? Oh hell no. But at least he did something, wrong as it was. The Democrat Mayor of Portland? He still hasnt done a damn thing.

Where do all those closed businesses go? Where do the owners, and the employees go. Dreams, Careers, Lifetimes? Even if they were given $$$ it wont recover the businesses, etc. WhoTF is going to shop in downtown Portland ever again. Who is going to go back downtown and rebuild and reclaim what will probably be burned down in a few more months?

Ok, a**hole. I thought I’d try conversing with you as an adult because I still want to be an optimist, but you just take any tidbit and try to make it fit your narrative. Rant away, crazy man.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Ok, a**hole. I thought I’d try conversing with you as an adult because I still want to be an optimist, but you just take any tidbit and try to make it fit your narrative. Rant away, crazy man.

No, you went into the "I can read Pelosi's Mind" Excuse making machine once again. 
"Pelosi is a poor communicator, she didnt mean that." Then let her say that. You trying to read her mind and vomit your wisdom on the rest of us is just too funny. 

Look, politics in America is toxic as hell and one half or America roots for a meteor to strike the other half these days. Pelosi was enjoying the hell out of sticking it to the the other side, we all know that. That is politics in America.

Just now, DKW 86 said:

No, you went into the "I can read Pelosi's Mind" Excuse making machine once again. 
"Pelosi is a poor communicator, she didnt mean that." Then let her say that. You trying to read her mind and vomit your wisdom on the rest of us is just too funny. 

Look, politics in America is toxic as hell and one half or America roots for a meteor to strike the other half these days. Pelosi was enjoying the hell out of sticking it to the the other side, we all know that. That is politics in America.

You totally misstated the context. It was clearly about statues. She didn’t want to weigh in on whether a particular community should remove Columbus, said it was up them. She in no way endorsed violence.

11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

He loves name calling and making claims about people he doesn't know. At all. ;) 

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You totally misstated the context. It was clearly about statues. She didn’t want to weigh in on whether a particular community should remove Columbus, said it was up them. She in no way endorsed violence.

What do you think tearing a statue down and tossing it into the river was? 

Are you about to tell me that since no one was hurt, then it really wasnt violent? 
Taking over the Capitol was okay, as long as they werent hurting anyone?

I really cant wait for this one...

27 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He loves name calling and making claims about people he doesn't know. At all. ;) 

Glad you know your criminal buddy who’s violence you’re dismissing. David’s cool with that, too.

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

If, in fact, the criminal had a previous conviction of violent crimes and is let out on bail he is still a violent criminal even if he was not convicted of his latest alleged crime.

Yeah, "if".  

But then, I doubt if he had a record for a violent crime, he wouldn't be allowed bail in the first place if arrested again.

Sounds to me your problem is more with the criminal justice system.

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Since we can now call people names I'll go with: I'll pass. 

I'm partial to demonrat. 

14 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You are hysterical you know that? 

We had parts of cities taken over for 100 days, including a federal Courthouse, buildings burnt to the ground, vandalized, businesses shut down for good, people lose their livelihoods, their careers, their means of supporting their families destroyed FOR NOTHING THEY DID WRONG, TOTALLY INNOCENT OF ANY WRONGDOING. 

The DNC Response to the that was to smirk in front of a camera, not to end it at all because they were using it as a tool during an election. They enjoyed the riots and the violence because it fed their narrative. Portland went on for 100 days and the invertebrate brainless mayor did nothing to stop the violence.

CNN, the Clown News Network, once again exposed itself by having these sham reporters stand in front of burned out businesses and burned out cars and do their best Baghdad Bob impersonation trying to tell us that black was white etc. Goebbels would be so proud. 

Trump's 'Baghdad Bob' Economic Team – Blog for Arizona

I am pretty embarrassed to say this, but I did not know until I watched some CNN this morning that Trump supposedly incited the mob TO OVERTHROW OUR GOVERNMENT! I thought he was accused of inciting the idiots to break into the capitol building. If you really think that was a legitimate effort to overthrow our government then I can see why you are so upset by it. Of course, if you really think that was a legitimate attempt to overthrow our government then you are just not very smart!

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

I am pretty embarrassed to say this, but I did not know until I watched some CNN this morning that Trump supposedly incited the mob TO OVERTHROW OUR GOVERNMENT! I thought he was accused of inciting the idiots to break into the capitol building. If you really think that was a legitimate effort to overthrow our government then I can see why you are so upset by it. Of course, if you really think that was a legitimate attempt to overthrow our government then you are just not very smart!

I don't get why you can't make the connection here. You guys really have no idea how grave what happened was.

Attempting to stop the legislative affirmation of a duly elected leader because you refuse to accept that your favored narcissist despot lost is doing just that, overthrowing our government.

51 minutes ago, Grumps said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

47 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I don't get why you can't make the connection here. You guys really have no idea how grave what happened was.

Attempting to stop the legislative affirmation of a duly elected leader because you refuse to accept that your favored narcissist despot lost is doing just that, overthrowing our government.

They’re not very smart.

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

So, just how many were on the lawn this morning before the Inauguration?
Let me tell you, The same number as military personnel going to stage a coup to keep Trump in power as American Dictator. The same number of Military people that were ever going to follow his orders, illegal orders they have been trained not to follow, in helping said coup attempt. 

Come on six months...

On 1/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, autigeremt said:

If it takes this much to come up with it....then no. I listened to the speech just so I could give my own personal opinion and no I do not believe it was incitement. 

It was far from just the speech. It was a months long process. The speech was just the last act.

On 1/19/2021 at 1:33 PM, DKW 86 said:

See, you are being utterly dishonest. You said that Pelosi said "people are gonna do what they are gonna do" in response to rioting, looting and violence.  What you have here is a statue coming down. That's what she was talking about. Geeze.

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

No Grumps, you just aren't living in reality or very well informed. What do you call it when a mob tries to stop the process of counting electoral votes so that there can be no change of leadership? What do you call it when that mob has people carrying handcuffs and is intent on taking senators, representatives and the vice president as prisoners and even maybe executing them?

I suggest you watch a little more mainstream news and read some mainstream papers and consume less of whatever dreck it is that you rely on for "information" because you really are not well informed at all.

12 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

No Grumps, you just aren't living in reality or very well informed. What do you call it when a mob tries to stop the process of counting electoral votes so that there can be no change of leadership? What do you call it when that mob has people carrying handcuffs and is intent on taking senators, representatives and the vice president as prisoners and even maybe executing them?

Now there you go.  Promoting the "politics of fear".  

:-\

On 1/19/2021 at 1:59 PM, DKW 86 said:

Portland's mayor was just re-elected in Nov. 2020, so that probably indicates the city isn't in that bad of shape from the riots. 

28 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Portland's mayor was just re-elected in Nov. 2020, so that probably indicates the city isn't in that bad of shape from the riots. 

Was there really a choice that the people in Portland could vote for?

Few have latched onto the energy of protest more than Iannarone, who has been on the front lines dozens of times, refers to herself as an "everyday anti-fascist," and has declared, "I am Antifa.”

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/09/16/portland-voters-are-fed-up-with-ted-wheeler-but-are-they-ready-for-sarah-iannarone/

Wheeler received 46% of the vote with 163,009 votes. Iannarone finished second with 143,631 votes (41%) and 13% of voters wrote in a candidate.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/portland-mayoral-race-left-uncalled-wheeler-in-the-lead/283-10882c60-c4a1-4c23-8fee-00d75eb35f29

13% of write in votes seems to be a high number.  What kind of choice did they really have?

At least eight people were arrested in Portland on Wednesday after rioters damaged both federal and private property, police said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/portland-police-arrest-rioters-damage-democratic-party-office/story?id=75398433

The riots are not over evidently.  Too bad the “I am ANTIFA” candidate didn’t win.  

Archived