Miscellaneous basketball discussions

cole256

On 2/26/2021 at 6:55 PM, Titus Bartoletti said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, or if I should create a separate thread regarding my question. I'm looking for good basketball shoes under $50. Sounds easy? but it isn't. Every site has different recommendations, just compare the results on top! 

[#] https://thisisbasketball.world/7-basketball-shoes-under-50-dollars-for-the-modern-game

[#] https://basketballonpoint.com/best-basketball-shoes-under-50/

Its the same with YouTube channels. I'd prefer opinions of people that have actually tried cheaper shoes. What do they suggest. 

I have tried different basketball shoes. Expensive ones as well as cheap ones. The shoes listed on both these websites are good ones and worth to try. However, my personal suggestion would be to go with Under Armour Men Hovr. I have personally tried and tested these shoes and these shoes really came up to my expectations. The grip of the shoes is very good and this is most important thing in basketball shoes because grip is necessary when you play basketball. Above all, these shoes perfectly meet your budget needs and fall under $50 basketball shoes

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

looks like ole miss copied Bruce on the outdoor court Jam. But this dunk legit lol

• 3 months later...

@cole256figured I would dig this one out again since this is a miscellaneous basketball topic 😆 

A group of 35 and older church guys get together every year and play pickup games on Sunday nights in the winter.  Well I joined them for my first competitive game in like 20 years lol.  I was gassed midway through the first game haha

Safe to say I'm feeling it bad for two days now. But I'm no dummy on court. Legs were gone, so I started raining threes. Money 💰 lol 

• Haha 2

I was gassed because lack of people forced 2 on 2. Can't take any plays off there.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@cole256figured I would dig this one out again since this is a miscellaneous basketball topic 😆 

A group of 35 and older church guys get together every year and play pickup games on Sunday nights in the winter.  Well I joined them for my first competitive game in like 20 years lol.  I was gassed midway through the first game haha

Safe to say I'm feeling it bad for two days now. But I'm no dummy on court. Legs were gone, so I started raining threes. Money 💰 lol 

HAHAHA I can relate,

after 10 years of lacking any serious exercise,  I  was asked to join a softball team for a fundraiser.  They needed one more man to have enough players to enter.   turns out half the team was made up of ringers. So we won,  and won,  and won.   I was the oldest person on the team by a decade.  I had no idea what I was getting into.  This s*** was serious.   No one was out there  just for a good time.   Teams were here from all across the state. 

We ended up playing 7 or 8 games with only 1/2 hour break between.   It was an all day event.   The beginning of the last game I got my best hit of the day...  WAY  deep into right field no fence.    I hauled butt to first base,   made the turn,  and my legs started feeling weary.    Rounded second and my legs started feeling VERY WEARY.   

As a young pup, I was  very fast,  so I figured if I ran hard I could pull off the home run pretty easily.  I thought  I really gunned it.   I made the turn in the hot corner and realized I was not running near as fast as It felt.   My legs were toast.  absolutely DONE!

I saw the ball being thrown but I broke for home anyway.  It was going to be close!  about half way down the third base line my legs turn to warm licorice strings.   My wife later told me my legs looked like two of those dancing inflatable wind tubes you see in car lots.  wiggling every which way as I ran.  I was 10 feet from the plate when  the catcher caught the ball....

I decided to dive for the plate.    The sand was deep (not clay peat sand mixture,  just sand),  and I basically  lawn darted/scorpioned myself into the ground.   Face first. 

I only slid about 3 feet.    Mouth FULLY open (and the first thing to hit the ground because I was gasping for oxygen)  it filled completely with sand.  Like a 5 ounces worth.  My wife is now ba-ha laughing and telling the people around her that  I looked like a bull dozer with my mouth looking like a  dozer bucket FULL of sand.

Ironically that is not even the most embarrassing thing to happen to me on a baseball diamond.

I was sore for a week.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Haha 5

Yep. Haha. Best (or worst) way to feel your age is play a sport you used to do a lot at a young age and realize you are not as quick as you once were lol. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Thanks a lot AUBwins.  You had to make me remember and post that,  so of course my next logical action was to ask my wife if she remembered.   She started uncontrollably laughing like  a school  girl at church.    Twenty minutes later she is still giggling randomly.   I ought to remind her of that one time she beat the hell out of herself with a pool stick....  but I digress.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Thanks a lot AUBwins.  You had to make me remember and post that,  so of course my next logical action was to ask my wife if she remembered.   She started uncontrollably laughing like  a school  girl at church.    Twenty minutes later she is still giggling randomly.   I ought to remind her of that one time she beat the hell out of herself with a pool stick....  but I digress.

Always fun to see your significant other laugh uncontrollably lol.  Glad i could help 😄 

• Like 1