Pruitt out at Tennessee (Merged)

Tiger1992

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since Pruitt has now been fired, I wonder if coach Harsin might think about hiring him as OSL coach. What say y'all? It's just a thought.

I wouldn’t touch him. He said about 6 months ago if he got fired from TN, he would go back crying to Saban for a job to ready him for his next HC failure. I feel for the guys that may be following Steele there, as he will be named interim HC according to Pete Thammel. It also sounds like Fulmer is out as AD. They are a dumpster fire and the guys from AU better consider the consequences of transferring there. That’s why I say, if they want to jump the AU ship for the TN hangrinade, then good riddance. We will sign some JUCO guys that are capable to fill positions for 21. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

There are  only two ways to make this episode of “As the Dumpster Burns” better.   Either move it to Tuscaloosa, or have UTk hire Gus as the next head coach only to have Gus turn around and fire Steele.  

And Not the Real Bo hits the transfer portal to wind up being the starter there

We are just extinguishing a dumpster fire. No need to start building an ugly UTk-orange tire fire. And Coach Harsin and AD Greene appear to have avoided any coaches that would come with NCAA surveillance or show cause issues.

I bet Rodney Garner will be jumping on to their ship. If coach Harsin doesn't hurry up and retain T-Will, Steele or Garner will bring him to Tenn.

Proot is probably done at the D1 level for a while. Multiple level ones is egregious as hell. 

15 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I bet Rodney Garner will be jumping on to their ship. If coach Harsin doesn't hurry up and retain T-Will, Steele or Garner will bring him to Tenn.

That would be extremely surprising to me unless he is retained as permanent HC. Not sure many would come w/o capability to hire their own choices as position coaches.

42 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since Pruitt has now been fired, I wonder if coach Harsin might think about hiring him as OSL coach. What say y'all? It's just a thought on a slow day.

Nope he's headed to the Lobo's

1 hour ago, casatiger said:

Man, Big Kat went there to be reunited with Felton.  Wow, gotta suck for him.  

He made his decision. Sucks for him. I’m sure his final season and a handcuffed program is going to see his draft stock completely plummet. 

I have a feeling a lot of the signees Tenn has are about to change their minds. 

15 minutes ago, AUx said:

We are just extinguishing a dumpster fire. No need to start building an ugly UTk-orange tire fire. And Coach Harsin and AD Greene appear to have avoided any coaches that would come with NCAA surveillance or show cause issues.

I live in Memphis where UT gets covered closely, & I am thankful to say we weren't close to the dumpster fire that UT has become. I've almost started feeling sorry for UT football fans. They've made bad hires at AD, which has led to bad hires for football coach, which has actually led to them being unable to persuade an exciting hire to come there (their last 3 searches make ours look smooth). Their revenues have been way down for years due to bad football teams. Their storied women's basketball program is barely above average right now. They had ugly charges of sexual assault or harassment by male athletes & then charges of coverup. It's a hot mess. When Steele was hired there last week, the columnist who covers them wrote a piece about Steele being the likely interim if they could figure out a way to fire Pruitt & pay his buyout (which their financial realities were making difficult). The NCAA charges allow them to fire him for cause, which I'm thinking means they won't have to pay his buyout. Looks to me like they were facing either keeping Pruitt or dealing with NCAA allegations. What a choice! All of which leads me to be even more grateful for Allen Greene. I don't know that our coaching search was bad as some speculated, but however "challenging" it may have been, Greene seems to have gotten us through it as well as was possible. When you live where you hear about UT a lot, you're reminded not to take someone like Greene for granted.

How would y’all feel if Big Kat wanted to come back but Harsin turned him down? 

Not saying this will or should happen. I’m just curious as to how our fans would react to that. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Since Pruitt has now been fired, I wonder if coach Harsin might think about hiring him as OSL coach. What say y'all? It's just a thought on a slow day.

I've heard he is a real dang good recruiter.

4 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

How would y’all feel if Big Kat wanted to come back but Harsin turned him down? 

Not saying this will or should happen. I’m just curious as to how our fans would react to that. 

I guess it depends how Kat handled his departure. If he was professional and respectful about it, you’d have to think Harsin would welcome him back.

If he wants to return and Harsin says no, I’d have to guess that would be a reflection on Kat, not Harsin.

1 minute ago, TigerTennis80 said:

I live in Memphis where UT gets covered closely, & I am thankful to say we weren't close to the dumpster fire that UT has become. I've almost started feeling sorry for UT football fans. They've made bad hires at AD, which has led to bad hires for football coach, which has actually led to them being unable to persuade an exciting hire to come there (their last 3 searches make ours look smooth). Their revenues have been way down for years due to bad football teams. Their storied women's basketball program is barely above average right now. They had ugly charges of sexual assault or harassment by male athletes & then charges of coverup. It's a hot mess. When Steele was hired there last week, the columnist who covers them wrote a piece about Steele being the likely interim if they could figure out a way to fire Pruitt & pay his buyout (which their financial realities were making difficult). The NCAA charges allow them to fire him for cause, which I'm thinking means they won't have to pay his buyout. Looks to me like they were facing either keeping Pruitt or dealing with NCAA allegations. What a choice! All of which leads me to be even more grateful for Allen Greene. I don't know that our coaching search was bad as some speculated, but however "challenging" it may have been, Greene seems to have gotten us through it as well as was possible. When you live where you hear about UT a lot, you're reminded not to take someone like Greene for granted.

Just finished reading all the new news articles on the Pruitt situation. Was thinking this same thing. I'm very thankful AU was not firing Malzan for cause. I was throwing around some hyperbole with the "dumpster fire". Underachievement and befuddling game strategy felt like a dumpster fire. But I do have the utmost respect for his and AD Greene's ability to keep AU out of the gutter. Right now, as far as we know, AU is virtually a clean slate. UT is down for a while. uga may be having some extra scrutiny. Maybe florida will underachieve and Mullins will continue to be distracted looking for a bigger gig while making excuses. Saban will retire in the next 1 to 5 years. All this to say, it looks like the fates may really be favoring Auburn for the next few years as long as Auburn just consistently builds. Let's count our blessings and not f it up.

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

Just finished reading all the new news articles on the Pruitt situation. Was thinking this same thing. I'm very thankful AU was not firing Malzan for cause. I was throwing around some hyperbole with the "dumpster fire". Underachievement and befuddling game strategy felt like a dumpster fire. But I do have the utmost respect for his and AD Greene's ability to keep AU out of the gutter. Right now, as far as we know, AU is virtually a clean slate. UT is down for a while. uga may be having some extra scrutiny. Maybe florida will underachieve and Mullins will continue to be distracted looking for a bigger gig while making excuses. Saban will retire in the next 1 to 5 years. All this to say, it looks like the fates may really be favoring Auburn for the next few years as long as Auburn just consistently builds. Let's count our blessings and not f it up.

Very well said 

10 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I've heard he is a real dang good recruiter.

And a SPLASH hire. Well, UTk had to go get the plunger after their splash. Let's keep our plumbing free of such clogs.

23 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

What I heard in the official language is they thought it would wind up being level 1 infractions rather than they uncovered level 1 infractions. In Pruitts best interest to fight as long as he can .

https://www.al.com/spotnews/2007/10/hoover_releases_report.html

This is how it started for Alabama and Saban. After this Pruitt, an assistant at Hoover, was given a role at Alabama. 

and here we are today... he is a known cheater but I guess he never cheated at Alabama, just before and after... hahahaha 

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What I heard in the official language is they thought it would wind up being level 1 infractions rather than they uncovered level 1 infractions. In Pruitts best interest to fight as long as he can .

Yes. That is what UT chancellor Donde Plowman said and wrote. So this allowed TN to terminate without owing a cent. But it is not an official finding, yet. So it will be interesting to see if Pruitt fights now to get his 60% buyout (with stipulation that he might have to refund it later), or just hopes it can't be proven as level 1, then sues afterward for violation of contract and a reinstatement of the buyout plus damages. A mess.

So many ex bammer staff members got busted for violations. So you mean to tell me that only went on at TN?? It started at TN?? Never ever went on at previous jobs for those guys ?? 

Taking bets now that, after a certain retirement and some statute of limitations, NCAA will eventually write a strongly-worded letter to uaT frowning on prior practices. uaT will say 10 Hail Marys and ESPN wil declare, "old news; nothing to see here." But, the only thing AU can control is AU. Life comes with no guarantee of fairness.

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

I wouldn’t touch him. He said about 6 months ago if he got fired from TN, he would go back crying to Saban for a job to ready him for his next HC failure. I feel for the guys that may be following Steele there, as he will be named interim HC according to Pete Thammel. It also sounds like Fulmer is out as AD. They are a dumpster fire and the guys from AU better consider the consequences of transferring there. That’s why I say, if they want to jump the AU ship for the TN hangrinade, then good riddance. We will sign some JUCO guys that are capable to fill positions for 21. 

Big Kat really screwed up, if Tennessee goes on probation he may not play another college game

Archived