Pruitt out at Tennessee (Merged)

Tiger1992

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I've heard that Bill Clark has interviewed for the UTk opening already.

From my understanding he turned it down twice . Once to WBRC news and then again to CBS42 news 

28 minutes ago, Taco said:

So do you always just say stupid things or is this sarcasm I’m not getting through the screen...?

Lighten up on Auburn4ever, he’s a good poster. He means well.

2 hours ago, casatiger said:

Perhaps he was afraid the new system would not fit him?   I don't know.   If he left professionally I would hope the coaches would welcome the young man back.  Just me.  

See below...

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

One of the first things I tell my players and classes...Choices have consequences. Good ones get rewarded and bad ones get punished. It's up to you which you want.

He made his choice and I support his decision to do so. Best of luck.

Agreed 100%, he made a decision that he thought best for him, and when he announced that I wished him the best of luck and thanked him for his efforts at AU.  With that said, there is no coming back now because what he “thought” was going to be better than what he had here is now a sinking ship.  He made his decision based on what HE wanted to do, now he has to deal with it.

7 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Tennessee tried to do what uat does and probably got busted by might saban himself. He controls his rivals, tried with Auburn, nearly worked. Georgia is next.

No joke, the rumor here in TN is that Saban turned them in. Who knows if true. But wouldn't that be the pot calling the kettle a filthy cheater. 

There are some organizations and fanbases in this league that deserve this sort of never ending karma FAR more than the Vols. I remember Tennessee having no problem playing at Jordan Hare versus Birmingham. No problem at all. I don't recall any major angst with Florida. And I think a lot of the ill will that may have existed with LSU was dispelled after Katrina and after Saban landed at bammer. We need Tennessee back on its' feet, fighting uga and Florida tooth and nail, who’ve had it FAR too easy in the east. As for karma, we know the 2 that deserve a lot of humble pie, and we all know why and it's not because they're winning. Not be a long shot.

Here is my conspiracy theory at work: If the NCAA is going to come down on Pruitt, they are going to take their sweet time doing so--not because of their love for Pruitt, but because of their love for his mentor, Nick Saban. Pruitt, and Smart as well, know where the bodies are buried in Tuscaloosa. Either one, or both, could use that knowledge against the Nickster and the NCAA, who has seemingly turned a blind eye to the goings on in Tuscaloosa, and have the NCAA go easy on them. As for those who believe Saban runs a clean program and gets the cream of the crop recruits because he sends them to the pros, that is probably true today and probably for the last few years. However, I do believe he got a lot of help when he first landed at Alabama. After 2-3 years of coaching the pros in Miami, he landed in Tuscaloosa and practically swept the state of Alabama with getting the top recruits in this state. He just never has seemed to have such an engaging personality that would draw recruits to him. I could be wrong since I've never met the guy and cannot say I know him personally. So, my opinion is that the NCAA is going to go as easy as they can on Pruitt, and possibly Smart if it gets that far, not because of them personally, but because of their affiliation with Nick Saban. 

OK--let me have it. I'm sure someone on here will destroy me for this, but I'm ready for it. 

15 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If I'm Kirby and uga, I'm really really worried right now. 

“Don’t give me hope.”

On the subject of Tennessee, it may be officially time to shut that program down.

Maybe the NCAA feels bad for the bammers. If they investigate them Dodge would take such a hit on Charger sales it may never recover. Not to mention they would have to change their dogs name back from Nick to Bear and get their tattoos fixed again. 😆

16 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I hope UT hires Gus because he runs a clean program and Gus gets to fire Kevin Steele before Steele even gets started. 

Plus- they'd be no threat

I love that this guy can some how get credible responses. I like to consider this satire. It’s like people who respond to the onion with well, thought out post 

Hopefully UGA gets wrapped up in this stuff as well.  Heard that Mim’s recruitment may have played a part in Tennessee getting noticed. 

Saban+Emmert=Safe as Ricky Henderson at 2nd Base. 

Just ask two former janitors in La. how hearing a conversation can get you paid big bucks to shut up....

Saw one report from a sports beat writer said that his source told him that Tennessee was handing out money to on campus recruits in McDonalds bags.

13 hours ago, DAG said:

I don’t believe that is accurate . Strongly recommended not to do it more so.

Correct ... although, it's pretty hard to imagine an institution replacing a coach fired for compliance reasons w/ another coach who has a tattered past along the same lines.

Archived