Powell minutes

AU Marsh

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

One guy was telling people!

Did you think it before this year started? I’m not surprised at all given his level of play— just didn’t expect that much improvement so fast.

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Did you think it before this year started? I’m not surprised at all given his level of play— just didn’t expect that much improvement so fast.

I didn't know if he was going to get the playing time needed and I wasn't sure how good Powell was going to be and were they all going to fight for PT. So yes I knew he had NBA talent but no I didn't know if he would get the time to show case it. But as soon as okoro went I felt well flanningan can go to. 

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

One guy was telling people!

Before your post yesterday I didn’t see anyone saying he was projected in the 2021 draft.

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mentioned it a couple of times right after I saw him play in the Alabama game

Thanks! I don't go to game threads much. I mainly stick to recruiting, AU draft talk, injuries, & AU NCAA issues threads.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Before your post yesterday I didn’t see anyone saying he was projected in the 2021 draft.

I heard whiffs of it a couple of weeks ago when Flanagan started to show his improvement, but didn’t know how much there was to it.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thanks! I don't go to game threads much. I mainly stick to recruiting, AU draft talk, injuries, & AU NCAA issues threads.

I don't do game threads regularly either but I had made some predictions about coop and it was his first game so I wanted to be there to either double down on stuff I said (like you can't really even evaluate the guys because they will look so much different when coop comes in) our own up that I was wrong (I said there wasn't any way coop would be a one and done) 

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't do game threads regularly either but I had made some predictions about coop and it was his first game so I wanted to be there to either double down on stuff I said (like you can't really even evaluate the guys because they will look so much different when coop comes in) our own up that I was wrong (I said there wasn't any way coop would be a one and done) 

Kentucky showed Coop was vulnerable with the right guy on him, but I think he’ll learn a lot from that game and it won’t be a regular thing.

47 minutes ago, toddc said:

Kentucky showed Coop was vulnerable with the right guy on him, but I think he’ll learn a lot from that game and it won’t be a regular thing.

Oh I'm sure. I told somebody on here exactly how Kentucky was going to play him and they did. Everybody won't have their length at the 2 and 3. But until he show he can make some shots that will be the blueprint if the team have players with size and agility available

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Don't feel bad about saying no way Coop will be one and done. I said the same thing. The only difference even with what some of the mock draft's are saying I still would need to see a consistent three at his height to change my mind on Coop. Maybe I am just stubborn and doomed to be wrong in my evaluation.

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

We got all these first round picks and a losing conference record????

We'd be 7-0 if Coop was eligible & Powell healthy. At worst 5-2 if Coop alone was eligible.

21 hours ago, alexava said:

You're joking right?

Other than Cooper and possibly Thor that is all the first rounders projected.

And as we all know, Thor is really raw, and needs some strength and conditioning as well as more competition against equal skilled players, to really be a first round pick. He's just 17 too.

Besides as E said we have not had the 2 of our top 3 recruits(Cooper/Powell) available together for any of the games.

Also throw in these players, all of them except JJ are not very experienced or experienced at All in playing in the SEC and they are freshmen and sophomores. 

They are still learning and growing the more the play together. 

Did you expect them to be far better than this given all the issues mentioned above?  You shouldn't have... 

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

You're joking right?

Other than Cooper and possibly Thor that is all the first rounders projected.

And as we all know, Thor is really raw, and needs some strength and conditioning as well as more competition against equal skilled players, to really be a first round pick. He's just 17 too.

Besides as E said we have not had the 2 of our top 3 recruits(Cooper/Powell) available together for any of the games.

Also throw in these players, all of them except JJ are not very experienced or experienced at All in playing in the SEC and they are freshmen and sophomores. 

They are still learning and growing the more the play together. 

Did you expect them to be far better than this given all the issues mentioned above?  You shouldn't have... 

go back and read this thread. 

I think Powell would’ve had his trajectory lessened considerably in conference play, but he looked like a strong #2 for SEC ROTY while playing out of position. The best case scenario for his stock is not getting hurt and being able to show the true extents of his scoring. First half of the season, be the facilitator. Second half, be you 

I feel bad for that kid really, unlike most injuries there’s absolutely nothing you can do or any time constraints you can operate around 

22 hours ago, alexava said:

Yup, having really talented guys don't mean squat if you can't fit them together into a cohesive unit. Think of the recent teams who had the #1 draft pick on the team and could not even make the NCAA tourny....or have winning conference records. Simmons and LSU did nothing.....Edwards at uga had a losing record in conf play. Okie St sitting at 3-3 in conference play with this years top pick on the team.

Its a team sport and you gotta have the right pieces to make it work. We have the right pieces.....but haven't had them all at the same time. 

Archived