2022 3* OT Eston Harris Commits To Auburn

toddc

25 early offers including AU, FSU, UGA, Indiana, Miami, Nebraska, Oregon, Penn St. Vols, Texas A&M, & USC
Important target per JLee

OT Eston Harris Jr. commits to Auburn over Florida, others

Offensive line arguably is Auburn's biggest recruiting priority in the 2022 class and the Tigers have landed two of their top targets in the past week. First, interior lineman Drew Bobo committed Sunday. Now, his teammate at Auburn (Ala.) High, Eston Harris Jr., has joined him.

Harris, a 3-star recruit and the No. 13 prospect in the state of Alabama for 247Sports, publicly committed to the Tigers on Thursday evening, becoming 2022 verbal No. 13.

He chose Auburn over Florida, which had made a push in recent months, and Florida State, which he named as his leader during the summer. Additionally, he claimed offers from programs such as Oregon and Southern California.

With this commitment, Auburn moved up to No. 34 (six spots) in the 247Sports recruiting team rankings.

Harris, known as "EJ" to friends, starts at right tackle for Auburn High. In college, the 6-foot-6, 290-pound Harris could play tackle or guard.

The previous Auburn staff offered Harris on Oct. 21, 2020. Under first-year coach Bryan Harsin and offensive line coach Will Friend, the Tigers' new regime was quick to make Harris a priority and Harris visited Auburn on June 1, the first day after an extended 15-month recruiting dead period expired. Later that month, Harris camped for Friend and that is when the relationship began to take off.

“The relationship I’ve built with the coaches and it’s near home,” Harris said recently. “I’ve been here my whole life. I’ve been around Auburn University for awhile. When I went to the camp (this summer), I saw how coach is going to work me, what they want, how they’re going to work you and want you to get better. I’ve been around them a lot and I’m getting more familiar and I’m pretty comfortable with them.”

In June, Harris also visited many other programs, including Oregon. At about that time, FSU vaulted up his list and emerged as his top school. But as the 'Noles landed multiple offensive line commitments then started the season with a thud, Harris looked more toward Auburn and Florida. Last month, he visited the Gators to watch them play then-No. 1 Alabama, and afterward said Florida and the Tigers were his co-leaders.

In recent weeks, though, Auburn surged ahead. To date, he already has attended three games this season at Jordan-Hare Stadium, most recently last weekend.

Harris and Bobo are Auburn's only two offensive line commitments and the Tigers hope to add several more. Lately, they have zeroed in on FSU commit Antavious Woody, a guard/defensive tackle, and offensive tackle Riley Quick, an Alabama baseball commit. Both are 4-stars and both attended the Tigers' last home game. 

• Thanks 1

@ellitor

Got it up but I’m still having trouble getting the profile to load correctly. Maybe you can pm me some directions for iPhone copying the profile, and I’ll help where I can. I don’t want to make extra work for you though by not getting it right. Thanks 😊 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, toddc said:

@ellitor

Got it up but I’m still having trouble getting the profile to load correctly. Maybe you can pm me some directions for iPhone copying the profile, and I’ll help where I can. I don’t want to make extra work for you though by not getting it right. Thanks 😊 

@toddcdon’t worry about trying to get profiles put on the threads. Just get the threads started.

• Like 2

Local OT high priority for Auburn in 2022 class

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Auburn is searching the country for offensive tackles in the 2022 class, but didn’t have to look far to find one of its top targets.

Eston Harris is right down the road.

Harris, from Beauregard, is a high priority for Auburn and the Tigers are making sure he knows it.

“I talked to the whole offensive staff last week,” Harris said. “I talked to (offensive line) Coach Will Friend and he introduced me to the tight ends coach (Brad Bedell), (offensive coordinator) Mike Bobo, (director of recruiting) Coach (Darren) Uscher and (running backs) Coach ‘Cadillac’ (Carnell Williams).”

Harris welcomed the attention.

“It felt great,” Harris said. “They made me feel welcomed and wanted. The vibe they had, they really want me.”

Harris already was familiar with Friend and Bobo.

“They recruited me when they were at Tennessee (Friend) and South Carolina (Bobo),” Harris said. “And then the other guys, they just made me feel welcomed. I got a good vibe from all of them.”

Harris has been impressed with Friend.

“He seems like a really solid guy,” Harris said. “From what I’ve heard, he’s one of the best offensive line coaches. I want to get to know him more and continue to learn from him.”

Harris takes advantage of speaking with college offensive line coaches during recruiting. He doesn’t want only to talk recruiting. He wants to talk about how he can improve as an offensive tackle.

“I’m still trying to learn how to be a better offensive tackle,” Harris said. “So I always ask for advice from the coaches. It’s more than just recruiting for me. I don’t want to think I’m behind in playing the position, but last year was my first year playing line so I want to learn everything I can. I was focused on playing d-line, but I had to move to o-line to help my team.”

Now Harris finds himself one of the top offensive tackles in the class. And it’s not just Auburn that wants him. He has offers from Power-5 programs from across the country. Among the schools that have offered are Oregon, Virginia Tech, Missouri, Penn State, Florida State, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Miami, Texas A&M and USC, among many others.

Harris doesn’t have any favorites at this point. He plans to take his time in making his college choice.

Auburn, however, is expected to be a contender.

“I’m most definitely interested in Auburn,” Harris said. “They are the hometown school.”

And apparently very interested in him.

Rivals ranks Harris, who is 6-foot-6 and 275 pounds, the No. 39 offensive tackle in the class and No. 17 overall recruit in Alabama

• Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 3* OT Eston Harris

@toddc Below are the instructions I gave zeek last week on how to embed 247 profiles. As long as "Source" show up on your Iphone in the upper left of a post box on here you should be good to go.

Also I just thought of something on why source may not be available for some now like @Paladin & @Zeek. It may be a feature now only available to either Platinum, Gold, or Silver doners. Not sure which.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@toddc Below are the instructions I gave zeek last week on how to embed 247 profiles. As long as "Source" show up on your Iphone in the upper left of a post box on here you should be good to go.

Also I just thought of something on why source may not be available for some now like @Paladin & @Zeek. It may be a feature now only available to either Platinum, Gold, or Silver doners. Not sure which.

I see that symbol in the bottom right but it doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ll keep experimenting 

I know we want the 4/5 star guys and im glad Harsin and crew are targetting them. But im honestly relieved we’re going after guys like this. He doesnt have the stars yet but has the size and theyve obviously seen something they like on tape. Shows me that we’re actually scouting and not seeing what 247 is good or not

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

I know we want the 4/5 star guys and im glad Harsin and crew are targetting them. But im honestly relieved we’re going after guys like this. He doesnt have the stars yet but has the size and theyve obviously seen something they like on tape. Shows me that we’re actually scouting and not seeing what 247 is good or not

Also for what it’s worth is rating is very close to being a four-star anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Great news.  Exciting to see the early impact of our new staff on recruiting. Next step is some early commitments to add to the momentum. War Eagle 🦅 

We *do* expect to get some 4* guys, correct?

Granted, the 2022 cycle may be a bit weird in terms of evaluation. Lots of unranked guys getting offers from "The Big Three."

Edited by AUwent

KN feels good about Auburn landing this kid right now and I like it. Need to start getting some recruits verbally committed so we can build this class.

Edited by toddc

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@toddcLook up a few posts. About 22 hours late there a4e. lol

I’m just making statements and not trying to post first. No need for name calling. 😝 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

Solid looking 3*.  Need to get him on board

48 minutes ago, toddc said:

Still doesn't look like an OT with that body. Still needs another 10 added at least...Looks like a DE. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Solid looking 3*.  Need to get him on board

In view of Mother’s Day, “If you don’t have anything nice to say...”!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, toddc said:

In view of Mother’s Day, “If you don’t have anything nice to say...”!

Idk how you read that but it was literally a compliment and I want him on our team

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Idk how you read that but it was literally a compliment and I want him on our team

Based off of some of your earlier comments about three stars is how I read it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, toddc said:

Based off of some of your earlier comments about three stars is how I read it.

No, I like him. Not all 3* are the same 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

No, I like him. Not all 3* are the same 

What exactly differentiates them in your mind?