2022 3* OT Eston Harris Commits To Auburn

toddc

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Loof, trying to see if it was something weird: "Enhance. ENHANCE."

Nothing major. A few Golf gadgets and a customer USAF Decanter set. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

The amazon order.

Deleted it

• Thanks 1

I am sure the bama non-committable offer made him happy but after the visit one thing he mentioned is early PT. With the number 1 and number 2 OT's last year and looking like bama could have something similar this year our coaches need to point that out to him. That is not negative recruiting that is just an honest appraisal of what chance he would have of getting early PT which he says is important.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am sure the bama non-committable offer made him happy but after the visit one thing he mentioned is early PT. With the number 1 and number 2 OT's last year and looking like bama could have something similar this year our coaches need to point that out to him. That is not negative recruiting that is just an honest appraisal of what chance he would have of getting early PT which he says is important.

Interesting thing to me, he said that Saban told him he needed to review his film and that is ultimately why the offer is non-committable. I highly doubt that Saban has not seen his film yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Golfers are suckers for gadgets trust me I know

Old duffers need all the help we can get!

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Hey numnuts I've never been called a duffer...

Just a fluffer

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 5:26 PM, W.E.D said:

Micky told me Gus had us stocked with tackles 

No, I didn't say that but apparently the current staff thinks Gus left them a well stocked O-line for the 2021 season. They haven't even bothered making a pass at O-linemen in the transfer portal. "We can't find an upgrade" says they have a good grade on hand. Compare that with the D-backs where they thought it necessary to find five or six upgrades.

Concerning years into the future, if you think they don't have a plan to address that, then you must believe we hired the wrong people.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Wonder if the NIL helps us here?

The NIL will only help us with the players that the richer schools don't want to pay for. I think the NIL will prove to be a net loss for Auburn football in the recruiting competition against  UAT, UGA, aTm, LSU and so forth. We can probably out-bid FSU, the Mississippi schools etc.

Vandy has the money. To date, they haven't chosen to spend it on football. If Vandy jumps into the bidding wars they will be tough to beat.

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The NIL will only help us with the players that the richer schools don't want to pay for. I think the NIL will prove to be a net loss for Auburn football in the recruiting competition against  UAT, UGA, aTm, LSU and so forth. We can probably out-bid FSU, the Mississippi schools etc.

Vandy has the money. To date, they haven't chosen to spend it on football. If Vandy jumps into the bidding wars they will be tough to beat.

Lmao at the Vandy comment. 

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao at the Vandy comment. 

Why do you say that?

I would imagine money is not an issue for them.

I've always wondered why Vandy has not invested more in FB

45 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Why do you say that?

In years past they could not get the 4 and 5 star recruits mainly because they refused to lower their academic requirements.  Pretty much the same today.  The powers that be at Vandy have always been extremely proud of their standing in academia and would rather have that than football wins.  They could be competitive in other sports (basketball and baseball) because they could find a handful of players that could compete in those sports, but because of the number of football scholarships needed they just can't be competitive.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tinman said:

......... because of the number of football scholarships needed they just can't be competitive.

That's why I wrote this: "Vandy has the money. To date, they haven't chosen to spend it on football. If Vandy jumps into the bidding wars they will be tough to beat."

They haven't chosen to direct their resources and slack off the academics to accommodate football. That doesn't mean they can't do that. Do I expect them to jump into the football wars? No I don't but should they decide to they would be a problem for the rest of us. They could promise a recruit to sell as many $1,000 autographs as anybody, including super-rich Texas A&M.

16 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Why do you say that?

They aren't ever going to be competitive in football. Everyone has rich boosters. 

Vandy is almost dominant in baseball and have been very competitive in basketball until recently.  But football, not so much. It takes more than just money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

They could promise a recruit to sell as many $1,000 autographs as anybody, including super-rich Texas A&M.

Using that logic, why not worry about Harvard and MIT? Their endowments and dollars far exceeds Vandy. No one knows exactly how all of this will play out, but it’s probably going to be much more complex than $1,000 autographs. Kids are still going to covet big venues, top notch facilities, winning traditions, rabid fan bases, and NFL development. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Using that logic, why not worry about Harvard and MIT? Their endowments and dollars far exceeds Vandy. No one knows exactly how all of this will play out, but it’s probably going to be much more complex than $1,000 autographs. Kids are still going to covet big venues, top notch facilities, winning traditions, rabid fan bases, and NFL development. 

Who knows what Vandy and the other super-rich schools will do? The point is they will be able to outright buy players if they want to do so. Will they choose to go down that road? Unlikely, but the threat is there.

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Who knows what Vandy and the other super-rich schools will do? The point is they will be able to outright buy players if they want to do so. Will they choose to go down that road? Unlikely, but the threat is there.

Why do you think schools are going to be paying players under the new NIL rules?

On 6/27/2021 at 10:04 AM, W.E.D said:

They aren't ever going to be competitive in football. Everyone has rich boosters. 

They were pretty competitive under James Franklin.  He was 9-4 the last two years he was there with a bowl win in both years.  Those included a win over #15 Georgia and Florida in 2013 as well as beating us in 2012.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

as well as beating us in 2012.

That’s not a compliment to them. Everybody beat us that year

12 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

That’s not a compliment to them. Everybody beat us that year

Oh I remember, I was there for every single one of them as a student.  :lol:  I remember vividly being the last student in the block seating section (literally) for games because I don't leave games early for any reason.  My girlfriend at the time hated me for it.

• Haha 2