AU Draft stock thread

toddc

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I could see the lottery part but the other part man I don't know

1. Cade Cunningham (objectively a worse point guard than Cooper and a couple other names, but he's that dude as an overall talent) 

2. Suggs 

3. Daishen Nix (?)

4. Jared Butler (?)

I think Cooper's 3rd, and I think he could finish there positionally next next draft...I dunno 

NBADraft has David Duke from Providence 3rd right now FWIW.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This draft is going to be absolutely loaded! Shariffe may still be a lottery pick, but he would have a much better chance next year after he develops his defense and 3-point shot.

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

David Duke huh? marketable name I suppose...

His parents are from Liberia and did not realize the connotation. The kid has a great take on it. From an article a few years back:

In the end he decided to do nothing. Let the other David Duke change his name.

"Some day I want people to look up 'David Duke' and see my [face],'' said David Duke, the PC freshman. 

He paused a beat, looked away, as if looking for something only he could see.

"Someday I want this name to mean something else."

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not only is Cooper predicted in the first round but Powell is showing in the first 4 rounds as well. Both ranked above Petty, Alabama’s SG. And both of them are freshmen . 

@Eagle Eye 7 Where are you looking? There are only 2 rounds in the NBA Draft every year.

50 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

His parents are from Liberia and did not realize the connotation. The kid has a great take on it. From an article a few years back:

In the end he decided to do nothing. Let the other David Duke change his name.

"Some day I want people to look up 'David Duke' and see my [face],'' said David Duke, the PC freshman. 

He paused a beat, looked away, as if looking for something only he could see.

"Someday I want this name to mean something else."

Damn, I do love that tbh. I'm wishing the best for him now

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Eagle Eye 7 Where are you looking? There are only 2 rounds in the NBA Draft every year.

I wasn't going to say anything...

On 1/27/2021 at 3:16 PM, ellitor said:

Flan now projected #16 in 1st round to Charlotte by NBADraft.Net

Whoa, that’s surprising to me, but I guess it’s the athleticism + defense angle that cole mentioned as the primary factor for him.

Just now, TigerStripe said:

Whoa, that’s surprising to me, but I guess it’s the athleticism + defense angle that cole mentioned as the primary factor for him.

Plus he's arguably the most improved player in the SEC.

2 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Today’s Bleacher Report mock draft has Cooper at #8 to the Knicks. Wild.

Edit: And the latest ESPN mock has him at #9.

@Dunndone414Was there any other AU guys in the ESPN mock? I'm assuming it's an ESPN+ feature?

NBADraft.Net has new mocks out now as well. Flan up to #12 in 2021 to Sacramento. Sharife checks in at #48 in the 2022 draft to Portland.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Dunndone414Was there any other AU guys in the ESPN mock? I'm assuming it's an ESPN+ feature?

Allen Flanigan has made the list of top 100 “best available” prospects for the first time at #62.

Former Tiger Davion Mitchell is at #29.

SI also has a feature on draft prospects today that indicates Sharife is already a polarizing player for NBA scouts. Some are very high on him, others very low.  https://www.si.com/nba/2021/02/02/2021-nba-draft-stock-watch

I’m a little surprised Thor hasn’t gotten more next level attention so far. There are very few guys his size that can do some of the things he does. His shot looks really smooth now. 

19 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Allen Flanigan has made the list of top 100 “best available” prospects for the first time at #62.

Former Tiger Davion Mitchell is at #29.

SI also has a feature on draft prospects today that indicates Sharife is already a polarizing player for NBA scouts. Some are very high on him, others very low.  https://www.si.com/nba/2021/02/02/2021-nba-draft-stock-watch

Also in this article there are a couple of PG's that are a little questionable so that's good for him

On 1/28/2021 at 3:52 PM, ellitor said:

There are . It was the draft sight that listed the top 100 in order . With Powell being #74, Cooper at #25 and Petty at #86 I believe . 

The last few games have highlighted why I don't think either Flanagan or Cooper are ready.  That is not to say that they won't be drafted as NBA often Draft's on potential. Cooper's defensive liabilities really showed up in last few games and sadly Flanagan has been schooled lately. Coopers shot is often falling back and off balance and starts to low in addition teams have adjusted to him and to Flanagan.  Today in the Auburn offense while Cooper made some great assists he also allowed the offense to get stagnant at times.

I saw Shuler score over Cooper, go past Cooper and generally do anything he wanted against Cooper Flanagan didn't do much better when he tried to cover him.  In watching Schuler he drove and pulled up for short hump shots over and over neither of our guards have that in their repertoire. 

Now after saying all the weaknesses in his game he has great vision and can get a pass off in the blink of an eye with either hand that is what might get him into the NBA, I don't expect him to become a great defender but he needs to get stronger and better at D while improving his shot.

Flanagan made great strides since last year plays hard, decent ball handler but needs to get better and improved shot but still not consistent enough,  strong body and can score inside but seems to force it to much.  Earlier in the year he was playing some of the teams best defense I am not sure if it is a let down or quality of the guards he is playing against but he has been getting beat off the drive more than before.   

I also think not going to playoffs to showcase skills against he best will hurt their draft stock.

Baylor, Georgia, and Shuler from Ole Miss have really highlighted how much our guards need to improve on Defense especially Flanagan as that is his forte.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Yea Flan has taken a bit of a step back the last 2 weeks

His go to favorite move from last season is back... Run in to the waiting arms of a defender for a charge. Sighhhhhh.... 😭😭😭😭

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The last few games have highlighted why I don't think either Flanagan or Cooper are ready.  That is not to say that they won't be drafted as NBA often Draft's on potential. Cooper's defensive liabilities really showed up in last few games and sadly Flanagan has been schooled lately. Coopers shot is often falling back and off balance and starts to low in addition teams have adjusted to him and to Flanagan.  Today in the Auburn offense while Cooper made some great assists he also allowed the offense to get stagnant at times.

I saw Shuler score over Cooper, go past Cooper and generally do anything he wanted against Cooper Flanagan didn't do much better when he tried to cover him.  In watching Schuler he drove and pulled up for short hump shots over and over neither of our guards have that in their repertoire. 

Now after saying all the weaknesses in his game he has great vision and can get a pass off in the blink of an eye with either hand that is what might get him into the NBA, I don't expect him to become a great defender but he needs to get stronger and better at D while improving his shot.

Flanagan made great strides since last year plays hard, decent ball handler but needs to get better and improved shot but still not consistent enough,  strong body and can score inside but seems to force it to much.  Earlier in the year he was playing some of the teams best defense I am not sure if it is a let down or quality of the guards he is playing against but he has been getting beat off the drive more than before.   

I also think not going to playoffs to showcase skills against he best will hurt their draft stock.

Baylor, Georgia, and Shuler from Ole Miss have really highlighted how much our guards need to improve on Defense especially Flanagan as that is his forte.

They’d probably be drafted, but both would have a better chance of ultimately making it big with more development.

Archived