AU Draft stock thread

toddc

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst thing that happened for coop was some of the guys I mentioned earlier had good seasons and played well enough as combo guards to gain interest. The vcu, tcu, Ohio (who my guy Mark Sears backs up btw), Providence, Illinois, the Baylor guards)

And when Flannigan this draft class is one of the strongest I've ever seen as far as tall lanky athletic wings. It's very very deep with those guys. 

Both guys are right there in the range where strong workouts could push them as high as lottery are bad work outs could lead to not getting drafted at all. 

I see coop having to come back now, Flannigan I don't know. If he has any freaky type of athleticism like an AMAZING vertical or something like that he may should go.

18 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

A sort of poll of polls for mocks has Cooper about where you’d expect. Early 20s. 

Hoops Hype

Actually that's a bit high as for most of the rumblings going around now.

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

Worst thing that happened for coop was some of the guys I mentioned earlier had good seasons and played well enough as combo guards to gain interest. The vcu, tcu, Ohio (who my guy Mark Sears backs up btw), Providence, Illinois, the Baylor guards)

And when Flannigan this draft class is one of the strongest I've ever seen as far as tall lanky athletic wings. It's very very deep with those guys. 

Both guys are right there in the range where strong workouts could push them as high as lottery are bad work outs could lead to not getting drafted at all. 

I see coop having to come back now, Flannigan I don't know. If he has any freaky type of athleticism like an AMAZING vertical or something like that he may should go.

You are right that the workout at the combines could be the deciding factor. I think Flanigan is very good athlete but I don't think he is freaky athletic. Actually that would be more Cambridge. What Flanigan is very athletic an NBA ready body with a solid all round game and a strong defender. He made huge strides between last year and this year. My big question on him will he improve enough in one more year at Auburn to improve his draft stock or is pretty much where he will ne next year. If he feels he can improve his stock stay if not take the money. Cooper does not have an NBA ready body and because of height never will but he can get stronger. He has a rare vision on the court that is hard to find. He needs to improve his shot. Losing Powell might make Cooper want to leave as I think the two would have complimented each other and made each other look better which would have improved his draft stock hopefully if Cooper stays Alexander will fill that void. I think one more year at Auburn can improve his stock but if he has a great workout at the combine take the money.

Both players have to make the best decision for themselves.

Archived