Inauguration Thread

AUDub

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

tenor (1).gif

The really sad thing, Brad, is that Burn After Reading probably nailed this insane era. 

So Trump has departed and Biden is in DC attending church with several Congressional leaders, including Mitch. 

4 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Remember bois and gurls, democracy is naught but a failed God. 

Support secession and end the state for a more prosperous and free tomorrow. 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Remember bois and gurls, democracy is naught but a failed God. 

Support secession and end the state for a more prosperous and free tomorrow. 

J71x.gif

Streaming on CSpan now. Bad-ass Goodman getting well deserved applause upon his introduction as Deputy Sergeant-at-Arms of the Senate. 

Streaming now. Have to leave for an 11 AM appointment in just a few minutes. I would be lying if I said my heart was not in my throat with apprehension that some nutcase might breach security and take a shot at Biden, Harris or others. We live in strange times. Here's genuine hope that this inauguration goes off without a hitch and that we return to the norms of good, boring government.

On edit...

I like Roy Blount's mention of Ronald Reagan saying "this is an event that is both commonplace and miraculous."  Given recent events I will never take it for granted again.

6 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I like Roy Blount's mention of Ronald Reagan saying "this is an event that is both commonplace and miraculous."  Given recent events I will never take it for granted again.

True of so many things for me.

Lady Gaga's Hunger Games looking outfit was quite fitting lol.

I don't like J-Lo but she killed it.

Klobuchar has the charisma of a wet paper towel.

I'm just hoping I can believe Biden. It would be nice if every single person who disagreed with the left didn't get labeled racist/sexist/etc. immediately.

Hoping a lot of what he said was just to fluff voters instead of actual policy decisions.

Don't think reentering the Iran deal is a phenomenal idea. There's a few other deals we got out of that were costing us millions-billions that weren't doing much of anything.

Packing the courts is another thing I hope we don't get into doing. We don't need to expand the Supreme Court just to make it another political branch. Democrats have the House, Senate, and presidency they can practically do whatever they want anyways.

Forgiving student loans would likely be an economic nightmare but heck, it sure would help me a lot so whatever. I don't think it's something they'll ever seriously consider.

Mass granting citizenship to a bunch of illegal residents is another thing I hope doesn't occur.

I just want to be able to disagree on things without people being a** holes about it and generalizing each other.

Unrelated, I hope we quit nominating people 70 years and older. They don't understand or represent the majority of the country they're insanely out of touch with the common people.

orange should have been a man and handed off the presidency......such a child. 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Anyone want to have some fun?  Check out the thread of Q believers coming to grips with reality.

When you've spent 4+ years convincing yourself Trump was the only begotten President of God, the scales falling from your eyes is a painful experience.

Archived