2021 Tennessee Transfer RB Eric Gray (OU 1/27)

ellitor

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Davis, reporter that covers the Texas Longhorns, just tweeted that Gray is down to Texas and OU. OU is the most likely option with Bijan Robinson at Texas. 

So why are all Tennessee transfers going to OU? And why are we missing out on all of them?

15 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Brian Davis, reporter that covers the Texas Longhorns, just tweeted that Gray is down to Texas and OU. OU is the most likely option with Bijan Robinson at Texas. 

So why are all Tennessee transfers going to OU? And why are we missing out on all of them?

strong program, great reputation and such an easy path to the playoffs....I don't know, those are all pretty strong reasons.   

17 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

If you were a recruit with no bias, which team would you rather go to right now? Auburn or a more consistent winner like Oklahoma? 

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

If you were a recruit with no bias, which team would you rather go to right now? Auburn or a more consistent winner like Oklahoma? 

maybe OU....comes down to playing time - which one do I think I might play more at.   But as a RB, would I want to run behind Auburn's line vs the SEC-W or run behind OU's vs the likes of Kansas and Baylor?  Yeah, play Texas, but come on, it's one game.

At OU, you'd also get carries in mop-up duty....

OU (without bias)

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

maybe OU....comes down to playing time - which one do I think I might play more at.   But as a RB, would I want to run behind Auburn's line vs the SEC-W or run behind OU's vs the likes of Kansas and Baylor?  Yeah, play Texas, but come on, it's one game.

At OU, you'd also get carries in mop-up duty....

OU (without bias)

And he must think he has a chance to be the feature back. At auburn he was going to be behind Tank, so why would he want to go to Auburn.

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

And he must think he has a chance to be the feature back. At auburn he was going to be behind Tank, so why would he want to go to Auburn.

this is, fortunately and unfortunately for us, going to keep us from getting any of the TOP backs in the transfer portal.  We need to land J Hunter, keep Shivers and pickup a serviceable backup player to take some carries from the portal.    

That back from Buffalo would have been a very nice complementary back for Tank and would have absolutely pushed him and been a legit rotational player. 

Agreed we would do better with a high school back coming than a transfer, unless said transfer is not expecting to be an Alfa wherever he goes.  Maybe we could get a Juco back. 

35 minutes ago, Beaker said:

That back from Buffalo would have been a very nice complementary back for Tank and would have absolutely pushed him and been a legit rotational player. 

This is the mindset Auburn fans need to have.

We're free, fam. We're no longer being held captive by that "each guy does only one thing, and each thing has only one guy" mentality. Fly, little birds, fly!

46 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Maybe we could get a Juco back. 

@AUBwins A transfer would be better than a juco  back. Especially this late in the game. Very few quality juco  backs are ever in any class, especially this late.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUBwins A transfer would be better than a juco  back. Especially this late in the game. Very few quality juco  backs are ever in any class, especially this late.

There’s very few quality anything at each position this late in recruiting for this class, especially if Gray goes to OU there’s even less quality 

7 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

There’s very few quality anything at each position this late in recruiting for this class, especially if Gray goes to OU there’s even less quality 

@Sizzle there’s a lot less Juco quality in any position than high school or on the transfer market. There’s less quality high school Prospects available than the transfer market when the transfer market gets to its peak which is in another two or three months.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 Tennessee Transfer RB Eric Gray (OU 1/27)

This will tick some people off but even though Rivals national reporters said early on AU had to be an early favorite Keith says AU never looked into him deep nor pursued EG hard.

One of many reasons I usually try to avoid paying attention to what national recruiting reporters say.

Archived