Biden says Trump wrote him 'a very generous' letter before he left White House

aubiefifty

news.yahoo.com

David Jackson and John Fritze, USA TODAY
4-5 minutes

Donald Trump eschewed most of the traditional roles a president fills for the inauguration of his successor, except one: He left a letter for President Joe Biden.

White House spokesman Judd Deere confirmed Wednesday before Biden took the oath that Trump left a note for his successor. Presidents usually leave a note of congratulations and support behind in the Oval Office, but some had questioned whether Trump would do so given his hesitancy to even acknowledge Biden’s victory.

The White House did not release contents of Trump's note: "It’s a letter between 45 and 46," Deere said.

Later on Wednesday, Biden confirmed he received the letter, telling reporters from the Oval Office that the note was "very generous."

"The president wrote a very generous letter," Biden said. "Because it was private, I won't talk about it until I talk to him. But it was generous."

so one has to wonder. if a conman leaves a generous letter to his replacement is it genuine or another con hoping he will get a pardon? with trump you can never be sure but i would hope he was trying to be classy.

39 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:
news.yahoo.com

David Jackson and John Fritze, USA TODAY
4-5 minutes

Donald Trump eschewed most of the traditional roles a president fills for the inauguration of his successor, except one: He left a letter for President Joe Biden.

White House spokesman Judd Deere confirmed Wednesday before Biden took the oath that Trump left a note for his successor. Presidents usually leave a note of congratulations and support behind in the Oval Office, but some had questioned whether Trump would do so given his hesitancy to even acknowledge Biden’s victory.

The White House did not release contents of Trump's note: "It’s a letter between 45 and 46," Deere said.

Later on Wednesday, Biden confirmed he received the letter, telling reporters from the Oval Office that the note was "very generous."

"The president wrote a very generous letter," Biden said. "Because it was private, I won't talk about it until I talk to him. But it was generous."

so one has to wonder. if a conman leaves a generous letter to his replacement is it genuine or another con hoping he will get a pardon? with trump you can never be sure but i would hope he was trying to be classy.

I am sure it was classy, but ingenious probably. But we replaced a con man with slightly less of a con man. 

Donald Trump Leaves The White House | Spitting Image - YouTube

The real questions is, was it written in crayon?

23 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

The real questions is, was it written in crayon?

No he used the mess-free markers. You know, the ones that only work on the specific paper that comes with it. Crayons can still create a mess.

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

The real questions is, was it written in crayon which staff member wrote it for him?

Everything else the man is credited with writing was written by someone else  over the last 30+ years.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:02 AM, DKW 86 said:

Everything else the man is credited with writing was written by someone else  over the last 30+ years.

You talking about Biden?  The plaigerizer?

46 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You talking about Biden?  The plaigerizer?

Good point. Trump had someone ghost write everything he ever did. Biden just copied everyone else’s work. 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Good point. Trump had someone ghost write everything he ever did. Biden just copied everyone else’s work. 

Pretty sure most of those guys have speech writers or ghost writers if you prefer that term. Obviously they can make changes on their own.  I'm hoping there isn't anyone out there that thinks Biden even has the mental capacity to actually write a coherent letter or speech. Did you see the tape of him say out loud "salute the marine" as he was walking in a door? That was funny.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Pretty sure most of those guys have speech writers or ghost writers if you prefer that term. Obviously they can make changes on their own.  I'm hoping there isn't anyone out there that thinks Biden even has the mental capacity to actually write a coherent letter or speech. Did you see the tape of him say out loud "salute the marine" as he was walking in a door? That was funny.

C'mon man! His letters and speeches come from...from...you know the thing! If you keep questioning the legitimacy, it makes you a dog-faced pony solider!

Well, from his first book in 1987 on, everything Trumpzo has "written" has been ghost written. The man cant write a word. 

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You know "The Art of The Deal" That Trump is so famous for? Trump didn't write it, he had a guy named Tony Schwartz to write the whole thing and Trump just had his name stamped on the front. 

I don't know how smart or cognitive Biden is or isn't right now, but I do know that multiple close advisers who have worked directly with Trump including Tillerson, and Bolton have come out and said Trump was as dumb as a sack of rocks. Tillerson said that in his daily briefings with Trump that he could only keep Trumps attention if he used large pictures and graphs for Trump to look at and that Trump was unable to retain much information at any one time so he had to shrink his info down to a couple of bullet points and repeat the info several times over before Trump would retain or understand what Tillerson was telling him. 

If Biden is suffering from mental decline, he can't be much worse than what we've already had the last 4 years. Hopefully Biden's assistants will be able to manage better than Trumps administration was able to. 

But to the other point, Biden is world famous for plagiarism. from undergrad, to grad school, to the campaign trail  Biden has been as bad as anyone we could name on plagiarism. 

On 1/26/2021 at 5:45 PM, DKW 86 said:

But to the other point, Biden is world famous for plagiarism. from undergrad, to grad school, to the campaign trail  Biden has been as bad as anyone we could name on plagiarism. 

You seem to be overstating things.  https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+plagiarism

Archived