kodi gone to Central Florida

aubiefifty

Kodi Burns was one of my all time favorite Auburn players and subsequently one of my favorite coaches. I had hoped he would be retained but no such luck. Our loss is Central Florida's gain. Kodi, thanks for all you did for Auburn and War Eagle forever!

Good luck to him but we're about to see improvement in our WR fundamentals.  I will always appreciate his catch in the Natty though.

Great Auburn Man. He will do well in whatever he does. 

I will always pull for Kodi.

In 2021 at least, for a whole lot of reasons and only some of them within his control, I will prefer pulling for him at UCF. Great landing spot for him. It will be a big adjustment from Auburn, but it is critical to his success that he take on new mentorship. It's probably good for him to take a break from the pressure cooker of the SEC. He's now squarely in the middle of the most talent rich state in the country and he'll get to take any relationships he forms with him to his next stop. And... freaking Orlando, baby! Dude could be packing his boxes for Waco or Ames or East Lansing. 

But yeah. He and Auburn both need a change of scenery. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I will always pull for Kodi.

In 2021 at least, for a whole lot of reasons and only some of them within his control, I will prefer pulling for him at UCF. Great landing spot for him. It will be a big adjustment from Auburn, but it is critical to his success that he take on new mentorship. It's probably good for him to take a break from the pressure cooker of the SEC. He's now squarely in the middle of the most talent rich state in the country and he'll get to take any relationships he forms with him to his next stop. And... freaking Orlando, baby! Dude could be packing his boxes for Waco or Ames or East Lansing. 

But yeah. He and Auburn both need a change of scenery. 

Yep needs to get away and learn something new. It will be a blessing in disguise just like with Rhett lashee 

Good luck Kodi and War Eagle!  It was great having you at Auburn but sometimes getting out of your comfort zone can benefit your professional development.  

4 hours ago, fredst said:

Liked him fine as a player. More than happy to see him move on from Auburn

Yes, we needed a change there.  And he did too.  And I think we will do fine with his replacement.

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

It will be a better scheme too though

Ok that's fine but my point is he'll be a good coach for them and it won't be our wr's are getting better because he's gone or anything

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok that's fine but my point is he'll be a good coach for them and it won't be our wr's are getting better because he's gone or anything

Oh I hope he does well. I think that it’s hard to judge either our WRs or their coach with the scheme they had to function in at AU. QB play the past two years has also made it difficult to really accurately assess either players or coach in that group

• WarTiger changed the title to kodi gone to Central Florida
4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Oh I hope he does well. I think that it’s hard to judge either our WRs or their coach with the scheme they had to function in at AU. QB play the past two years has also made it difficult to really accurately assess either players or coach in that group

I agree. We seem to be inconsistent in what “credit” we give to the last position coaches. Times we say it is position coaching and times we say it is the system. Truth it is probably impacted by both and hard to tell.

Was wondering were Wyatt ended up.  Went to Texas.  Sark got another win over us.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I guarantee if they have a good QB watch the wr's be productive

I find that the best performing cars typically have gas in them and the best performing WRs typically have an offense that is designed to get a ball thrown somewhere near them from time to time. Admittedly, the tests remain inconclusive. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I find that the best performing cars typically have gas in them and the best performing WRs typically have an offense that is designed to get a ball thrown somewhere near them from time to time. Admittedly, the tests remain inconclusive. 

Lol you mean you need to be taught the fundamentals of gas pumping will fix everything 😂

Just now, cole256 said:

Lol you mean you need to be taught the fundamentals of gas pumping will fix everything 😂

Go to any other gas station and their guys are perfect at gas pumping. Our guys are the only ones who ever miss the gas tank. It must be the manager's fault. He didn't teach them proper gas pumping!

41 minutes ago, fredst said:

Bingo

Kodi is a true Auburn man. I am glad he played at Auburn and coached at Auburn. When he was first hired the big issue for most people was that he could not recruit. He has since pulled in some very good receivers ending that complaint. Lately it is that he could not develop receivers and get them ready for the next level.  I don't know if that was a legitimate complaint as he was limited by the elementary route trees that Auburn runs in its offense. 

I have not watched UCF that much so I can't really comment on the type of route trees that they run in their offense. I am hoping for Kodi's sake it is a more sophisticated Offense with the types of route trees run in the NFL.  If so this will be a great learning experience for Kodi making him a better coach in the future.

I wish him the best of luck at UCF, tremendous success as a WR coach and the ability to move up in the coaching ranks as he gains more experience in multiple different offenses.

Thank you Kodi and War Eagle you will always have a special place in the hearts of true Auburn fans. 

17 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Kodi is a true Auburn man. I am glad he played at Auburn and coached at Auburn. When he was first hired the big issue for most people was that he could not recruit. He has since pulled in some very good receivers ending that complaint. Lately it is that he could not develop receivers and get them ready for the next level.  I don't know if that was a legitimate complaint as he was limited by the elementary route trees that Auburn runs in its offense. 

I have not watched UCF that much so I can't really comment on the type of route trees that they run in their offense. I am hoping for Kodi's sake it is a more sophisticated Offense with the types of route trees run in the NFL.  If so this will be a great learning experience for Kodi making him a better coach in the future.

I wish him the best of luck at UCF, tremendous success as a WR coach and the ability to move up in the coaching ranks as he gains more experience in multiple different offenses.

Thank you Kodi and War Eagle you will always have a special place in the hearts of true Auburn fans. 

I thought Kodi was a great part of our AU program as both player and coach. Always seemed to have The best intentions for us. Hope he does extremely well at UCF.

Archived