May 21 Friday at Missouri* Columbia, MO TBA

May 22 Saturday at Missouri* Columbia, MO TBA

POSTSEASON

May 25-30 SEC Tournament Hoover, Ala. TBA

June 4-7 NCAA Regionals TBA TBA

June 11-14 NCAA Super Regionals TBA TBA

June 19-30 College World Series Omaha, Neb. TBA

LEGEND

* SEC game | $ Round Rock Classic played at Dell Diamond (Round Rock, TX) |^ Game played at Regions Field (Birmingham, AL) | # Game played at Riverwalk Stadium (Montgomery,AL) | % Game played at Hoover Met (Hoover, AL)

All times central and subject to change | Home games in BOLD

My guy Butch deserves all the recognition he can get. So I created this thread for anyone wanting to talk baseball and our 2021 Auburn Tigers. 

For one, the new hitting facility behind RF seems pretty simple, but I like it.  

2nd, we need to do something for outfield seating. Nothing like heckling the opposing outfielders. 

3rd, I’m feeling really good about this years team. Lineup should be STRONG. Pitching rotation and depth should be solid as well. 

We have so many options, especially in the infield with Woley and Bliss locking down spots. For the other 2 positions, we’ve got Moore, Miller, Foster, Farquhar, Ware, Ceccoli, and Shenker. 

At catcher, you’ve got 2 solid options with Larue and Dyal. People were really high on Dyal before he got hurt right before the season last year. 

At OF, our starters are all back with Howell, Ward, and Williams. Outside of them, you have Hall, Brown, and Pierce. Miller and Moore can also give you innings out there. 

DH has SO MANY options. 

The pitching rotation and bullpen could go so many ways. I predict Fitts, Owen, and Greenhill to be our weekend starters with Barnett as our closer. And then we can use Fuller, Gonzalez, Wade, Bright, Glavine, Mullins, Thomas, Skipper, Swilling, and so many more that I’m not too familiar with. 

(There are other players on the team that may surprise us that I don’t know much about)

Anybody have any guesses to a starting rotation and lineup for opening day? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

@boomstick@warbiscuit@Gowebb11@tigerbrotha12@auburnphan@PowerOfDixieland@TigerCatcher

Y’all are baseball guys, right? We need some baseball discussion going on haha. 

You forgot @Tigerbelle. She's the main one 😉

• Thanks 1

I cannot wait until baseball season starts. I agree with you on Auburn's 3 starters. My only question will be who gets the Friday night slot.

Butch has put together an outstanding roster, and we may have another run all the way to Omaha if our guys can stay healthy. 

• Like 5

I think Greenhill, Owens, Fitts. I like Greenhill bringing the heat on Friday night.  Owens is the consistent guy, so he can possibly win the series or get it back even.  Fitts has good stuff that will frustrate people on Sunday. 

Disclaimer: the above is if these guys are who I think they are lol, been a long time since I have seen them play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

I cannot wait until baseball season starts. I agree with you on Auburn's 3 starters. My only question will be who gets the Friday night slot.

Butch has put together an outstanding roster, and we may have another run all the way to Omaha if our guys can stay healthy. 

33 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I think Greenhill, Owens, Fitts. I like Greenhill bringing the heat on Friday night.  Owens is the consistent guy, so he can possibly win the series or get it back even.  Fitts has good stuff that will frustrate people on Sunday. 

Disclaimer: the above is if these guys are who I think they are lol, been a long time since I have seen them play. 

I’m thinking Fitts, Owen, Greenhill. Not that I know anything haha. I’ve just heard some rave reviews about Fitts’s development over the off-season. Either way, I think they’ll end up being our 3 starters from the jump. I’m curious to see how the Bull adapts to being a starter. He came here to be one, so we’ll see! 

I love Barnett as a closer. That kid is a stud! And we have plenty of options for relief pitchers. I am excited to see how Garrett Wade turns out. His stuff is filthy. If he gets dialed in, he’s a surefire weapon. And then the freshman Carson Swilling is coming in with some pub. Excited to see what he brings. 

But I agree. I think we have what it takes to make a run back to Omaha. As always, the SEC is loaded with talent. 

Aaron Fitt rated the SEC West Friday starters, and he has Fitts at #2. Frustratingly enough, he has Bama’s freshman starter at #1. 

Edited by WarEagle2423

I can see Greenhill, Owen and Fitts.....but really Fitts and Greenhill could swap starts and it would still be a great line-up. I have confidence in all 3 pitchers and Butch does a fabulous job of managing his players. I'm very excited about watching Auburn pitchers this year. 

I'm also hoping Steven Williams has caught up with his growth spurt and can get his magic swing back.  Ryan Bliss....always  so  fun to watch.....what a talent! 

I'm also looking forward to watching the new players. No telling what kind of surprises are in store for 2021. 

• Like 2

I’m so looking forward to this season, I wish we could have kept players like Burns and Gunner Henderson. But, with so much depth on the team we’ll be just fine.

I’m looking forward to watching Ryan Bliss bc it seems like he keeps improving and always gets clutch hits when we need them and is just fun to watch.

Not siked that we have series against 5 of top 13 teams... but hey welcome to the SEC I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnfan247 said:

Not siked that we have series against 5 of top 13 teams... but hey welcome to the SEC I guess.

You will be when we kick their arses!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, auburnfan247 said:

I’m so looking forward to this season, I wish we could have kept players like Burns and Gunner Henderson. But, with so much depth on the team we’ll be just fine.

I’m looking forward to watching Ryan Bliss bc it seems like he keeps improving and always gets clutch hits when we need them and is just fun to watch.

I am a HUGE fan of Ryan Bliss. He's a lot of fun to watch. He's an instinctive baseball player, and that's why he's so good at it. 

Nothing to do with Auburn, but wow what a stadium.  Oklahoma State has had to suffer through the past year with a $60 Million facility locked up.  A single benefactor donated $35 Million to the cause and got his name put on it.  Big 12 cancelled the season just eight days before OSU was to play their first game in this gem....

5eb18793ccb62.image.jpg?crop=1735%2C889%2C19%2C271&resize=1200%2C615&order=crop%2Cresize

obratemay2020.jpg

OSU-Baseball-Final-Drone-Images-2.jpg

Gallery: A look at Oklahoma State's $60 million O'Brate Stadium | Photo  Galleries | tulsaworld.com

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/photo/gallery-a-look-at-oklahoma-states-60-million-obrate-stadium/collection_ce65a0dd-fd3c-5d0c-8a65-01420cdcb2b2.html

Edited by TigerCatcher
  • Like 1

Great to see

AUBURN'S FULL 2021 SCHEDULE

FEB. 19 FRIDAY PRESBYTERIAN AUBURN 4 PM

FEB. 20 SATURDAY PRESBYTERIAN AUBURN 2 PM

FEB. 21 SUNDAY PRESBYTERIAN AUBURN 1 PM

FEB. 23 TUESDAY ALABAMA A&M AUBURN 4 PM

FEB. 24 WEDNESDAY ALABAMA AM AUBURN 4 PM

Feb. 26 Friday vs. Oklahoma$ Round Rock, TX 12 pm

Feb. 27 Saturday vs. Baylor$ Round Rock, TX 12 pm

Feb. 28 Sunday vs. Texas A&M$ Round Rock, TX 11 am

MAR. 2 TUESDAY JACKSONVILLE STATE AUBURN 4 PM

MAR. 5 FRIDAY XAVIER AUBURN 4 PM

MAR. 6 SATURDAY XAVIER (DH) AUBURN 2 PM

MAR. 7 SUNDAY XAVIER AUBURN 1 PM

Mar. 9 Tuesday at UAB^ Birmingham, AL TBA

MAR. 12 FRIDAY LITTLE ROCK AUBURN 4 PM

MAR. 13 SATURDAY LITTLE ROCK AUBURN 2 PM

MAR. 14 SUNDAY LITTLE ROCK AUBURN 1 PM

Mar. 19 Friday at Ole Miss* Oxford, MS 6:30 pm

Mar. 20 Saturday at Ole Miss* Oxford, MS 1:30 pm

Mar. 21 Sunday at Ole Miss* Oxford, MS 1:30 pm

Mar. 23 Tuesday vs. South Alabama# Montgomery, AL TBA

MAR. 26 FRIDAY KENTUCKY* AUBURN 6 PM

MAR. 27 SATURDAY KENTUCKY* AUBURN 2 PM

MAR. 28 SUNDAY KENTUCKY* AUBURN 1 PM

Apr. 1 Thursday at Arkansas* Fayetteville, AR 6:30 pm

Apr. 2 Friday at Arkansas* Fayetteville, AR 6:30 pm

Apr. 3 Saturday at Arkansas* Fayetteville, AR 2 pm

APR. 6 TUESDAY KENNESAW STATE AUBURN 6 PM

APR. 9 FRIDAY MISSISSIPPI STATE* AUBURN 6 PM

APR. 10 SATURDAY MISSISSIPPI STATE* AUBURN 2 PM

APR. 11 SUNDAY MISSISSIPPI STATE* AUBURN 1 PM

Apr. 13 Tuesday at Georgia Tech Atlanta, GA TBA

Apr. 16 Friday at Alabama* Tuscaloosa, AL TBA

Apr. 17 Saturday at Alabama* Tuscaloosa, AL TBA

Apr. 18 Sunday at Alabama* Tuscaloosa, AL TBA

APR. 20 TUESDAY SAMFORD AUBURN 6 PM

APR. 23 FRIDAY FLORIDA* AUBURN 6 PM

APR. 24 SATURDAY FLORIDA* AUBURN 2 PM

APR. 25 SUNDAY FLORIDA* AUBURN 1 PM

Apr. 30 Friday at Georgia* Athens, GA 6 pm

May 1 Saturday at Georgia* Athens, GA 1 pm

May 2 Sunday at Georgia* Athens, GA 12 pm

MAY 4 TUESDAY UAB AUBURN 6 PM

MAY 7 FRIDAY LSU* AUBURN 6 PM

MAY 8 SATURDAY LSU* AUBURN 2 PM

MAY 9 SUNDAY LSU* AUBURN 1 PM

May 11 Tuesday at Samford% Hoover, AL TBA

MAY 14 FRIDAY TEXAS A&M* AUBURN 6 PM

MAY 15 SATURDAY TEXAS A&M* AUBURN 2 PM

MAY 16 SUNDAY TEXAS A&M* AUBURN 1 PM

MAY 18 TUESDAY NORTH ALABAMA AUBURN 6 PM

May 20 Thursday at Missouri* Columbia, MO TBA

May 21 Friday at Missouri* Columbia, MO TBA

May 22 Saturday at Missouri* Columbia, MO TBA

POSTSEASON

May 25-30 SEC Tournament Hoover, Ala. TBA

June 4-7 NCAA Regionals TBA TBA

June 11-14 NCAA Super Regionals TBA TBA

June 19-30 College World Series Omaha, Neb. TBA

LEGEND

* SEC game | $ Round Rock Classic played at Dell Diamond (Round Rock, TX) |^ Game played at Regions Field (Birmingham, AL) | # Game played at Riverwalk Stadium (Montgomery,AL) | % Game played at Hoover Met (Hoover, AL)

All times central and subject to change | Home games in BOLD

• Thanks 1

Feel sure they will but do not know details yet. They have just decided on full schedule and I did not buy tickets this year. If info is not out it will be soon. Be interesting to see how the parking deck is handled. Students enjoy drinking beer and watching from there. Last year was a shame. Most beautiful spring in years and no baseball.

• Like 4

On 1/18/2021 at 5:46 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

The pitching rotation and bullpen could go so many ways. I predict Fitts, Owen, and Greenhill to be our weekend starters with Barnett as our closer. And then we can use Fuller, Gonzalez, Wade, Bright, Glavine, Mullins, Thomas, Skipper, Swilling, and so many more that I’m not too familiar with. 

On 1/18/2021 at 8:46 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

I love Barnett as a closer. That kid is a stud! And we have plenty of options for relief pitchers. I am excited to see how Garrett Wade turns out. His stuff is filthy. If he gets dialed in, he’s a surefire weapon. And then the freshman Carson Swilling is coming in with some pub. Excited to see what he brings. 

Hate to burst the bubble, but Wade had Tommy John in July.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Feel sure they will but do not know details yet. They have just decided on full schedule and I did not buy tickets this year. If info is not out it will be soon. Be interesting to see how the parking deck is handled. Students enjoy drinking beer and watching from there. Last year was a shame. Most beautiful spring in years and no baseball.

You’re not kidding. I don’t know if it was psychological because we were stuck inside, but it was almost as if there were no ugly days. God, I remember early April we were supposed to be at a beer fest and the weather was absolutely perfect. Low 70’s, sunshine. That stuck out like a sore thumb all year. 

• Like 4

I really, really missed college baseball last spring, and of course Auburn baseball in particular. No SEC tournament, no CWS. It was such a boring time. It was the first spring in my entire life that I didn't watch college baseball. I kinda felt a little lost.....lol.

4 weeks.....just 4 more weeks!!!

• Like 5

On 1/18/2021 at 6:07 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

@boomstick@warbiscuit@Gowebb11@tigerbrotha12@auburnphan@PowerOfDixieland@TigerCatcher

Y’all are baseball guys, right? We need some baseball discussion going on haha. 

Posted a “preview” of sorts in the orange and blue scrimmage game 3 1/31/21 thread 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1