2021 Baseball Schedule & Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Does anyone know the status of Ryan Bliss?  A friend mentioned he may have been injured late in Game 3 vs. Presbyterian.  I have found no confirming information on this, but he didn't start today's A&M game.

Butch said postgame Sunday that Ryan wanted to keep playing and felt that he could go at 85-90% and not have it become an issue. Butch said no need to risk it and pulled him from the game. He will probably sit until this weekend. Might play tomorrow but I doubt it. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Butch said postgame Sunday that Ryan wanted to keep playing and felt that he could go at 85-90% and not have it become an issue. Butch said no need to risk it and pulled him from the game. He will probably sit until this weekend. Might play tomorrow but I doubt it. 

@boomstick Didn't BMatt or another insider say it was a mild hammy issue?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

@boomstick Didn't BMatt or another insider say it was a mild hammy issue?

Butch said that postgame Sunday or in his Monday interview with Andy Burcham, maybe both times. BMatt and Jason Caldwell posted about it yesterday.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, boomstick said:

SEC baseball is such a long, tough grind. Everybody needs to be healthy going into conference play so I'm glad Butch pulled him. That kind of injury can be nagging problem sometimes. Much better to let Ryan heal up completely when Auburn can afford to have him out. 

• Like 1

@warbiscuitcan you give us an injury update? Butch said in the pregame Judd would be out for a while. I’ve seen where Greenhill is probably going to miss at least the next start. Hall was dealing with a hamstring issue, but it sounded like he’d probably be available this coming weekend. Heard anything on Jack?

4 hours ago, boomstick said:

@warbiscuitcan you give us an injury update? Butch said in the pregame Judd would be out for a while. I’ve seen where Greenhill is probably going to miss at least the next start. Hall was dealing with a hamstring issue, but it sounded like he’d probably be available this coming weekend. Heard anything on Jack?

Even though he does more work with the football team may be worth tagging @passthebiscuitson injuries also.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boomstick said:

I heard Jack would be back probably in the next two weeks. But around SEC play. Nothing since then, but he's progressed from a splint to tape with that finger.

• Like 1

According to Butch, Greenhill is out as a starter this week. Said the report this morning was good and there's a chance he throws 20-30 pitches on Sunday. He didn't mention anything on Ward or Owen. He mentioned getting Hall back would be a help but didn't specifically say he would be back.

Jack Sokol will start Tuesday. Fitts will start Friday night. Mason Barnett will start game one on Saturday, which will be 9 innings. Joseph Gonzalez will start game two Saturday, which will be 7 innings. Trace Bright will start Sunday. With two starters down, the bullpen might be stretched a little thin by Sunday. So, if Greenhill is available, that would be helpful.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

According to Butch, Greenhill is out as a starter this week. Said the report this morning was good and there's a chance he throws 20-30 pitches on Sunday. He didn't mention anything on Ward or Owen. He mentioned getting Hall back would be a help but didn't specifically say he would be back.

Jack Sokol will start Tuesday. Fitts will start Friday night. Mason Barnett will start game one on Saturday, which will be 9 innings. Joseph Gonzalez will start game two Saturday, which will be 7 innings. Trace Bright will start Sunday. With two starters down, the bullpen might be stretched a little thin by Sunday. So, if Greenhill is available, that would be helpful.

Also, Kendall Rogers tweeted this out earlier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

For tomorrow...

DeadBowedBergerpicard-small.gif

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, boomstick said:

You did not dance well enough.

@boomstickI was dancing for the rain to come. I may have had the concept backwards but it worked!

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@boomstickI was dancing for the rain to come. I may have had the concept backwards but it worked!

Oh, I thought you were reverse rain dancing to keep the rain away!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Oh, I thought you were reverse rain dancing to keep the rain away!

@boomstickNope. You made a convincing argument yesterday on how it may help our arms for this week if we did not have the game today. Plus I did not want to be working in 45 degree dreary weather. lol

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that the season has ended, I turn my attention to summer ball. I'm really interested to see how summer ball works this year, particularly for several of our guys who are on the fence with their draft status (namely Miller, Skipper, and Howell). Do these guys play summer ball while waiting on the draft or do they take the summer off?

Here's my list of summer ball assignments so far:

Ryan Dyal: Charlottesville TomSox (also listed with the Brewster Whitecaps in the Cape Cod, but don't think that's right)

Bryson Ware: Falmouth Commodores, Cape Cod

Kade Snell: Danville Dans, Prospect League

Brayton Brown: Strasburg Express, Valley League

Nate LaRue: Strasburg Express

Trace Bright: Charlottesville TomSox, Valley League

Will Morrison: Charlottesville TomSox, Valley League

Cole Foster: Charlottesville TomSox, Valley League

Cam Hill: Elmira Pioneers, Perfect Game League

Jack Sokol: Elmira Pioneers, Perfect Game League

Ben Schorr: Elmira Pioneers, Perfect Game League

Still looking for these names: Mason Barnett, Blake Burkhalter, Garrett Farquhar, Joseph Gonzalez, Josh Hall, Kason Howell, Tyler Miller, Richard Fitts, Brody Moore, Carson Skipper, Carson Swilling, Peyton Sybrandt, Luke Burk, Mason Land, Jordan Armstrong, Riggs Threadgill. @warbiscuitif you know of any assignments, feel free to add them here.

Edited by boomstick
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, boomstick said:

Now that the season has ended, I turn my attention to summer ball. I'm really interested to see how summer ball works this year, particularly for several of our guys who are on the fence with their draft status (namely Miller, Skipper, and Howell). Do these guys play summer ball while waiting on the draft or do they take the summer off?

Here's my list of summer ball assignments so far:

Ryan Dyal: Charlottesville TomSox (also listed with the Brewster Whitecaps in the Cape Cod, but don't think that's right)

Bryson Ware: Falmouth Commodores, Cape Cod

Kade Snell: Danville Dans, Prospect League

Brayton Brown: Strasburg Express, Valley League

Nate LaRue: Strasburg Express

Trace Bright: Charlottesville TomSox, Valley League

Will Morrison: Charlottesville TomSox, Valley League

Cole Foster: Charlottesville TomSox, Valley League

Cam Hill: Elmira Pioneers, Perfect Game League

Jack Sokol: Elmira Pioneers, Perfect Game League

Ben Schorr: Elmira Pioneers, Perfect Game League

Still looking for these names: Mason Barnett, Blake Burkhalter, Garrett Farquhar, Joseph Gonzalez, Josh Hall, Kason Howell, Tyler Miller, Richard Fitts, Brody Moore, Carson Skipper, Carson Swilling, Peyton Sybrandt, Luke Burk, Mason Land, Jordan Armstrong, Riggs Threadgill. @warbiscuitif you know of any assignments, feel free to add them here.

I was told by a source that Gonzalez, Skipper, and Swillling won't do pro ball. I imagine due to the innings and I wouldn't be surprised if Barnett also does the same. Not sure on the new guys. I doubt Miller does draft league, Fitts probably does as he has more to gain. Usually the older starters don't do summer league in the past. And Hall injured his foot, so I don't think he does summer league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warbiscuit said:

I was told by a source that Gonzalez, Skipper, and Swillling won't do pro ball. I imagine due to the innings and I wouldn't be surprised if Barnett also does the same. Not sure on the new guys. I doubt Miller does draft league, Fitts probably does as he has more to gain. Usually the older starters don't do summer league in the past. And Hall injured his foot, so I don't think he does summer league.

That makes sense. This whole Draft League thing is brand new, and none of our guys are showing on the posted rosters so far. I'm sure that could change in the next few days.

Mason Land is in the Pioneer League with the Burlington Bees.

https://www.thehawkeye.com/story/sports/2021/06/04/prospect-league-baseball-bees-hit-parade-provides-sixth-straight-win/7552499002/

Also some JUCO guys could still be playing like Riggs Threadgill is right now.

Edited by warbiscuit
  • Like 1

So TAMU just hired a coach that has been to 5 World Series and according to sportswriters LSU’s top candidate is Pat Casey from Oregon state. It is time we as a university take baseball seriously. I don’t mean fire Butch, I mean in funding. We have possibly the worst facility is the SEC. That has to change in order for us to stay competitive in a league that has become committed to being the best at diamond sports.