The Argument for Prosecution

homersapien

49 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Wall Street loves the absence of 4:30 AM tweets that gets the day off spinning.

This is a good thing, I hated those days.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/6/2021 at 1:32 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Biden limited his choice by declaring the VP would be a female POC and he picked the most liberal Senator to that position.  Biden hid in the basement and let Trump destroy his own candidacy. Middle America will now pay the price.  The devil we know or the devil we don’t, or in other words, the dictator we know vs the dictator we don’t.

Harris is by far not the most liberal Senator he could have chosen.  Using dramatic words doesn't change the reality of the world we live in.  Neither is/was a dictator.  Trump began destroying his candidacy when he made the choice to peddle lies over actual information.  Doing so was easier to win the moment, but most people realized that there would be a price to pay for doing so.  We cannot toy with our elected form of government as though it can survive anything. Thankfully, enough people realized they were being lied to and they rebuked that by voting.  The response to their vote was to have their votes called illegitimate.

41 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Harris is by far not the most liberal Senator he could have chosen.  Using dramatic words doesn't change the reality of the world we live in. 

Let’s start with facts.  Biden painted himself in a corner by publicly stating he was going to pick a female POC for his VP.  This narrows the field considerably.  Add in that, In 2019, GovTrack, a non-partisan organization that tracks bills in Congress, ranked Harris as the "most liberal compared to All Senators." One measure the organization uses is comparing how many bipartisan bills each senator cosponsors to how many bills they co-sponsored in total. Harris had the lowest at 15% in 2019.  So my statement stands as the truth and not *dramatic words* as you put it.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/kamala_harris/412678/report-card/2019

49 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Neither is/was a dictator.

Talk about dramatic words, all I heard from the left media was that Trump was a dictator and now that Biden has taken over, not a word, despite the fact Biden has signed 40+ EOs to dictate to the American people his view of the world.  Sounds like a dictator to me.  An example is the EO declaring biological men have the right to compete with biological women in competitive sports.  Is this the will of the people?  Shouldn’t this sort of law be discussed by congress before an edict like that is enacted?

I don’t agree with the way Trump acted after the election and he will pay a heavy political price for that. 

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Let’s start with facts.  Biden painted himself in a corner by publicly stating he was going to pick a female POC for his VP.  This narrows the field considerably.  Add in that, In 2019, GovTrack, a non-partisan organization that tracks bills in Congress, ranked Harris as the "most liberal compared to All Senators." One measure the organization uses is comparing how many bipartisan bills each senator cosponsors to how many bills they co-sponsored in total. Harris had the lowest at 15% in 2019.  So my statement stands as the truth and not *dramatic words* as you put it.

Talk about dramatic words, all I heard from the left media was that Trump was a dictator and now that Biden has taken over, not a word, despite the fact Biden has signed 40+ EOs to dictate to the American people his view of the world.  Sounds like a dictator to me.  An example is the EO declaring biological men have the right to compete with biological women in competitive sports.  Is this the will of the people?  Shouldn’t this sort of law be discussed by congress before an edict like that is enacted?

I don’t agree with the way Trump acted after the election and he will pay a heavy political price for that. 

He actually said a female.  He did not pledge to name a POC.  He has stated that he would like to place a female African American on the Supreme Court.  I agree that he should not have painted himself into a corner in that way, but it was his decision to make.  The reason he has signed so many EOs is that they are required to undo the many things that Trump did by their use.

19 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He actually said a female.

I stand corrected, it as some of the people that supported him that called for a POC.  A forbearance of what is to come.

19 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The reason he has signed so many EOs is that they are required to undo the many things that Trump did by their use.

That statement is why I consider we just replaced one dictator with another.  They are not required, he could actually let congress do their jobs.  Biden wants to get his agenda in place with little to no opposition. Almost a *it’s easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission* type of governing.  The border was working out just fine with Mexico holding asylum seekers in Mexico. Why the rush?  No deportations in 100 days, why?  Why put people on the pipeline out of work during a pandemic?  Was that oil, by itself, going to destroy the climate?

There appears not to be the unity of which he was speaking during the inauguration. Always watch what they do, not what they say. 

ETA:  Does this sound familiar?  You wrote it in another thread.  “That is followed by sewing suspicion in everything in society.  We cannot live and grow and prosper like that.  We have long relied on the integrity of men and women to uphold the values of the constitution”.  

I Think this applies to those on the left that like to re-write history and the *tear it down and replace it* mentality.  The Constitution is the only constant the US culture is based upon and if we can’t rally around that then we are doomed.

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I stand corrected, it as some of the people that supported him that called for a POC.  A forbearance of what is to come.

That statement is why I consider we just replaced one dictator with another.  They are not required, he could actually let congress do their jobs.  Biden wants to get his agenda in place with little to no opposition. Almost a *it’s easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission* type of governing.  The border was working out just fine with Mexico holding asylum seekers in Mexico. Why the rush?  No deportations in 100 days, why?  Why put people on the pipeline out of work during a pandemic?  Was that oil, by itself, going to destroy the climate?

There appears not to be the unity of which he was speaking during the inauguration. Always watch what they do, not what they say. 

ETA:  Does this sound familiar?  You wrote it in another thread.  “That is followed by sewing suspicion in everything in society.  We cannot live and grow and prosper like that.  We have long relied on the integrity of men and women to uphold the values of the constitution”.  

I Think this applies to those on the left that like to re-write history and the *tear it down and replace it* mentality.  The Constitution is the only constant the US culture is based upon and if we can’t rally around that then we are doomed.

Exactly, I was holding out hope that Biden would actually try to unify the country based on all the rhetoric leading up to the inauguration. That is all gone now after seeing him come in with waging war on the middle class Americans and putting other countries ahead of the USA. He wants to let all these people come in illegally, during a pandemic at that and get money from the government. He would rather give the money to an illegal person than someone in the middle class and as such now is being forced to lower the income threshold for the stimulus checks. As far as the pipeline, the people he decided to put out of work the first day in office is who I feel bad for. Let's be real, that oil will still be used....just transported differently. It will be interesting to see how the oil leasing and frac-ing goes with him. I am hoping he doesn't do what he wants to do and kill our oil and gas industry all for the "climate." Because we all know it will make little difference when China and India still pollute like crazy. He has no middle ground with it. 

We replaced an amateur corrupt politician with a lifetime professional corrupt politician. Yay for us!!!! LMAO

On 2/8/2021 at 1:33 PM, I_M4_AU said:

You obviously don't know what a dictator is.

Biden is not "dictating" to the American people.  His EO's reflect majority support.  And they are perfectly legal.  Elections have consequences.

BTW:

Fact-check: Did Biden allow 'males to compete in girls' sports'?

A Facebook post: Says Joe Biden has “allowed males to compete in girls’ sports.”

PolitiFact's ruling: False

Here's why: President Joe Biden issued a flurry of executive orders in his first days in office, and claims quickly followed about the results of those actions. 

One Facebook post read, "In 36 hours Biden has disgraced our National Guard, allowed males to compete in girls’ sports, opened our border, and has crushed our oil production." 

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed.

For this fact-check, we focused on the claim about sports. PolitiFact has checked claims related to the other issues and found them all to be false or mostly false. That includes this claim that Democrats forced the National Guard to sleep in a parking garage; a claim that Biden questioned the National Guard’s loyalty; a claim that Biden sparked a migrant caravan from Honduras because of his immigration policies; and a claim that Biden has banned fracking, a process used to extract oil and gas from the ground. 

The claim that Biden "allowed males to compete in girls sports" likely stems from  an executive order from the Biden administration titled "Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation." 

Shortly after the order was issued, Twitter users began discussing its potential effect on women in sports, and the hashtag #BidenErasedWomen was trending, Newsweek reported.

But the idea that the order will allow transgender females — whose sex at birth was male but whose gender identity is female — to compete in women’s sports is misguided. The Biden executive order does not impose any new guidelines that would immediately bring changes to school sports, and it only mentions sports once: "Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports." Instead, it requires federal agencies, including the U.S. Education Department, to review existing policies and programs to determine whether they are in line with the new guidance prohibiting discrimination based on gender and sexuality, and to implement changes if needed.

The Jan. 20 executive order extends protections from a 2020 Supreme Court case that addressed employment law to other federal laws, including those that cover education and school-related activities. In that case, Bostock v. Clayton County, the court ruled that employers cannot fire a person for being gay or transgender because it violates Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex and national origin.

"Because Title VII is limited to employment discrimination, it was unclear how the Supreme Court’s decision would be applied to other federal discrimination statutes that prohibit sex discrimination in other contexts," according to the National Law Review. "The Biden administration has now stated its view that Bostock applies with equal force." 

That’s a departure from the Trump administration, which had narrowly interpreted the Bostock case and determined it did not apply to education-related discrimination policies.

It’s possible that the executive order could result in changes that affect transgender participation in sports, the National Law Review reports: "The current administration will likely implement major changes related to discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or transgender status. This may include requiring schools to allow students to use bathrooms and locker rooms that are consistent with their gender identity, and to play on athletic teams that are consistent with their gender identity. " 

The publication also notes, though, that the executive order "is a high level policy statement and does not, in and of itself, immediately change any practices for public school districts."

Our ruling 

A Facebook post says Biden has "allowed males to compete in girls’ sports." The claim seems to be based on an executive order Biden issued that prohibits discrimination based on gender and sexuality in education, but that opponents say will allow transgender females to compete in women’s sports.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/02/05/president-joe-biden-administration-did-not-dictate-specific-changes-sports/4404020001/

If our country is taken over by a dictator, it will be because of gullible people like yourself who latch on to such lies so willingly.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Read that article last week and informative. Correct if I am wrong. My understanding is that Biden and Obama cut out permits on construction of the “ shortcut “ intended to pump large quantities of some nasty stuff. My understanding is that prior phases continue to be in use. With that said no heartburn about the decision here. Hate to hear of job losses but those type construction jobs are temporary from the outset.

18 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Exactly, I was holding out hope that Biden would actually try to unify the country based on all the rhetoric leading up to the inauguration. That is all gone now after seeing him come in with waging war on the middle class Americans and putting other countries ahead of the USA. He wants to let all these people come in illegally, during a pandemic at that and get money from the government. He would rather give the money to an illegal person than someone in the middle class and as such now is being forced to lower the income threshold for the stimulus checks. As far as the pipeline, the people he decided to put out of work the first day in office is who I feel bad for. Let's be real, that oil will still be used....just transported differently. It will be interesting to see how the oil leasing and frac-ing goes with him. I am hoping he doesn't do what he wants to do and kill our oil and gas industry all for the "climate." Because we all know it will make little difference when China and India still pollute like crazy. He has no middle ground with it. 

We replaced an amateur corrupt politician with a lifetime professional corrupt politician. Yay for us!!!! LMAO

In your opinion, the only way to show that he is willing to work with both sides of the aisle is to adopt every position of his failed predecessor.  That isn't going to happen.  Frankly, it is ridiculous that some of you would expect that.  We have to find middle ground and we have to stop trying to win arguments by supplementing narratives with false facts.

18 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Every argument above is a conclusion you make based on the media you consume.

This specifically:     "That is all gone now after seeing him come in with waging war on the middle class Americans and putting other countries ahead of the USA. He wants to let all these people come in illegally, during a pandemic at that and get money from the government. He would rather give the money to an illegal person than someone in the middle class and as such now is being forced to lower the income threshold for the stimulus checks."

Nobody here illegally is getting a stimulus check.  What you conclude is war on the middle class, others consider to be helpful to the middle class.  If you take time to notice, all of the points you mention above are based on fear of "others" taking from the collective "us".  That is part of what we have to move past.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

PolitiFact's ruling: False

These *fact checks* are so misleading it’s humorous.  To the bolded part; how many times does it take Biden to mention sports in his EO?  It’s not how many time you mention something, it’s the fact you mentioned it at all.

Right now each state has come up with their interpretation of what constitutes allowing a male athlete to compete in women sports.  What Biden has done, by the EO, it to nationalize the conversation and take the states virtually out of the conversation.  It opens up the door for change that will allow males to take scholarships away from females.  It’s just another way a male can dominate a female.  Do you hear any up roar about females that believe they are males as unfair competition?  No, of course not.

This is from an article about 8 states that have different guidelines.  You will notice that Transathlete.com rates each state according to their own bias.

Policies governing transgender student athletes’ eligibility vary greatly across America and can be determined by state laws, athletics association guidelines or local school district directives.

At the college and elite levels, many advocates and experts agree that to level the playing field and negate any competitive advantage there should be some hormone restrictions for transgender athletes.

But in grades K-12, there is less agreement among advocates and experts, and some, including transgender athlete Chris Mosier, believe that requiring hormone therapy or sex reassignment surgery places an undue burden on young transgender children and their families.

Iowa

TransAthlete.com ranking: Needs modification. An Iowa Civil Rights Actexemption could hinder access for transgender athletes.

South Dakota

TransAthlete.com ranking: Inclusive. No barriers to participation.

Minnesota

Nebraska

TransAthlete.com ranking: Discriminatory. Requires hormone therapy or surgery.

Missouri

TransAthlete.com ranking: Needs modification. Requires transgender women to be on hormone therapy for one year.

Kansas

TransAthlete ranking: Needs modification. Policies are determined school by school.

Wisconsin

TransAthlete.com ranking: Needs modification. Requires one year of hormone therapy and allows policies to be determined school by school.

Illinois

TransAthlete ranking: Needs modification. Eligibility determined on a case-by-case basis.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/life/living-well/2016/08/04/midwest-transgender-athletes-mixed-policies/88037176/

What Joe has done is brought the debate to a national level, already deciding that transgender athletes have a right to women sports, without debate in congress.  Who do you think this windsock of a President will listen to for advise as to policy?  Maybe TransAthlete.com? HMMMM.  There is now way most of America thinks this is great policy.  If I were a parent of female athlete, I would not agree with this policy and, I would guess, most males things this is ridiculous.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

If our country is taken over by a dictator, it will be because of gullible people like yourself who latch on so willingly to lies.

Who is gullible?

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hate to hear of job losses but those type construction jobs are temporary from the outset.

Most of the oil jobs like this are *temporary* in nature.  They go from job to job where and when needed.  What it does is eliminate the pipeline jobs and that has a ripple affect on other unions workers as most companies what the most experienced worker.  The point is Biden eliminated work during a pandemic without the so called high paying *green job* available to replace it with.  The pipeline worker is not guaranteed this *green job*, when and if it ever exists, or what the wages may be.  Biden and his administration is showing he is not for the American worker. 

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

These *fact checks* are so misleading it’s humorous.  To the bolded part; how many times does it take Biden to mention sports in his EO?  It’s not how many time you mention something, it’s the fact you mentioned it at all.

Right now each state has come up with their interpretation of what constitutes allowing a male athlete to compete in women sports.  What Biden has done, by the EO, it to nationalize the conversation and take the states virtually out of the conversation.  It opens up the door for change that will allow males to take scholarships away from females.  It’s just another way a male can dominate a female.  Do you hear any up roar about females that believe they are males as unfair competition?  No, of course not.

This is from an article about 8 states that have different guidelines.  You will notice that Transathlete.com rates each state according to their own bias.

Policies governing transgender student athletes’ eligibility vary greatly across America and can be determined by state laws, athletics association guidelines or local school district directives.

At the college and elite levels, many advocates and experts agree that to level the playing field and negate any competitive advantage there should be some hormone restrictions for transgender athletes.

But in grades K-12, there is less agreement among advocates and experts, and some, including transgender athlete Chris Mosier, believe that requiring hormone therapy or sex reassignment surgery places an undue burden on young transgender children and their families.

Iowa

TransAthlete.com ranking: Needs modification. An Iowa Civil Rights Actexemption could hinder access for transgender athletes.

South Dakota

Minnesota

Nebraska

Missouri

TransAthlete.com ranking: Needs modification. Requires transgender women to be on hormone therapy for one year.

Kansas

TransAthlete ranking: Needs modification. Policies are determined school by school.

Wisconsin

TransAthlete.com ranking: Needs modification. Requires one year of hormone therapy and allows policies to be determined school by school.

Illinois

TransAthlete ranking: Needs modification. Eligibility determined on a case-by-case basis.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/life/living-well/2016/08/04/midwest-transgender-athletes-mixed-policies/88037176/

What Joe has done is brought the debate to a national level, already deciding that transgender athletes have a right to women sports, without debate in congress.  Who do you think this windsock of a President will listen to for advise as to policy?  Maybe TransAthlete.com? HMMMM.  There is now way most of America thinks this is great policy.  If I were a parent of female athlete, I would not agree with this policy and, I would guess, most males things this is ridiculous.

Who is gullible?

You lie

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Another objective story from an unbiased source, shocker.

Exactly how many jobs - both temporary and permanent - is cancelling this pipeline going to cost?

(Make sure you use an "unbiased" source.)

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Exactly how many jobs - both temporary and permanent - is cancelling this pipeline going to cost?

(Make sure you use an "unbiased" source.)

You know I can’t answer that, but I can tell you it’s way more then the *green jobs* that are available to the workers that did lose their job.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You know I can’t answer that, but I can tell you it’s way more then the *green jobs* that are available to the workers that did lose their job.

Would not be anything close what has been in some reports. The “green jobs” is nothing more for affected workers than talk.

As to Ukraine and Russia, I would think immunity relates back to the time at which the alleged criminal acts occurred. EDIT: Poorly worded. To simplify, would the immunity he enjoined at that time "relate back" in a subsequent suit arising from the same acts?

As to pre-presidential acts, with the exception of fraud, there could be an issue with statutes of limitation (deadlines to bring suit). However, the other side could colorfully argue that the limitations were tolled (paused) for the four years he served as president. 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

This specifically:     "That is all gone now after seeing him come in with waging war on the middle class Americans and putting other countries ahead of the USA. He wants to let all these people come in illegally, during a pandemic at that and get money from the government. He would rather give the money to an illegal person than someone in the middle class and as such now is being forced to lower the income threshold for the stimulus checks."

Nobody here illegally is getting a stimulus check.  What you conclude is war on the middle class, others consider to be helpful to the middle class.  If you take time to notice, all of the points you mention above are based on fear of "others" taking from the collective "us".  That is part of what we have to move past.

What exactly is helpful to the middle class in the statement above?  I'm genuinely asking because I don't know the answer.   

1 hour ago, rhughes said:

What exactly is helpful to the middle class in the statement above?  I'm genuinely asking because I don't know the answer.   

Things like increased child tax credits for families with dependent children, to name one.  When you say benefit, I am assuming you mean economic benefit alone.  There are many benefits that are not limited to financial gains.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Iowa

South Dakota

Minnesota

Nebraska

Missouri

Kansas

Wisconsin

Illinois

Who is gullible?

I personally see this argument as one that does not have to take place at this time.  Everyone should be respected for who they are, but it isn't a stretch of reason to expect high school athletes to participate in sports based on the gender as noted on their birth certificate.  I can disagree with Biden and some Democrats about this issue, while still agreeing on many others.

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Things like increased child tax credits for families with dependent children, to name one.  When you say benefit, I am assuming you mean economic benefit alone.  There are many benefits that are not limited to financial gains.

Thank you for your response.    

No I didn't mean economic alone.  You said "helpful to the middle class" I just wanted some examples of what you mean.  

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

In your opinion, the only way to show that he is willing to work with both sides of the aisle is to adopt every position of his failed predecessor.  That isn't going to happen.  Frankly, it is ridiculous that some of you would expect that.  We have to find middle ground and we have to stop trying to win arguments by supplementing narratives with false facts.

No that is your opinion of what you want my opinion to be. I never said I was against all his EO’s. Just some. 

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Actually, I look at all the media from the left and the right.  And as I’ve stated before, it will ultimately be the middle class who gets screwed over again. Just as before with prior administrations. 

Archived