Men vs South Carolina

Maverick.AU

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy the refs realized early the over matched nature of this game and let them play without the ticky tack fouls.  

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Frank is probably as good natured a guy you’ll see. He’s just about every tenured SEC coach’s favorite coach. This was a necessary teaching moment for their team, and he’s as good as anyone at creating them 

I hated to see Frank looking so sickly.  It really sucks.  He is one of the good guys in the profession.  He is really rough on the outside, but pudding and cotton candy inside.  He gets more out of his players than most other coaches do.  Hope his health gets back in good shape soon.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Could the announcers talk about game 

what was the mystery whistle?

With about 10 minutes left in the game I discovered that the radio broadcast was not on delay, but in real time with the TV broadcast.  Muted the annoying TV announcers and got to enjoy the radio audio.  When I found out Beth was doing the game it was a let down.  She is the same way with football and softball trying to spout her sport knowledge.

19 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Nah, with the way their season has been this year, they need the minutes. They've only played 8 games this season. Let them stay in and get some much needed experience.

18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Frank is probably as good natured a guy you’ll see. He’s just about every tenured SEC coach’s favorite coach. This was a necessary teaching moment for their team, and he’s as good as anyone at creating them 

Good points ... I concede 

32 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Frank is probably as good natured a guy you’ll see

Most folks don't know this. I have always liked him since his early KSU days. USC folks say that he is one of the nicest people that you can ever meet

24 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

With about 10 minutes left in the game I discovered that the radio broadcast was not on delay, but in real time with the TV broadcast.  Muted the annoying TV announcers and got to enjoy the radio audio.  When I found out Beth was doing the game it was a let down.  She is the same way with football and softball trying to spout her sport knowledge.

If you will listen to the AU broadcast radio link         https://tunein.com/radio/Auburn-Sports-Network-s230231/

and watch the game online ( I have utubetv) you can adjust the tv broadcast to sync up with the online tunein broadcast......It is far more enjoyable and even though I have not been able to do this until this year, I have always listened to the AU radio broadcast with televised games even though they are not synced up

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Thought we did a really nice job of ball movement. Coop opens a lot of things up. Cant wait to get Powell back

This X 100!!!

Coop’s magic with the ball combined with Powell’s shot is going to be a thing of beauty!!!!   I’m super pumped to watch that!

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Are the announcer and color watching this game on tv in their basement and calling the action from there? 

Yep. 

Not a bad game from the guys today.  It’s amazing what cutting down on turnovers and good free throw shooting will do for the rest of your game.  WDE!!

15 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Not a bad game from the guys today.  It’s amazing what cutting down on turnovers and good free throw shooting will do for the rest of your game.  WDE!!

Gotta give major props to flan on his FT improvements. Like@tgrogan21said earlier, he’s come a long way!

Great win! If we can get a little more consistency from game to game we can play with anyone. I really love watching this team play. Hope Powell can make his return soon so we can see the Powell/Cooper backcourt in action. Obviously health first.

3 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I hope AU fans continue to @ him every game. He should never live it down.

I've never liked Dan Dakich. He's a terrible announcer and also an a**hole. 

image.gif.dd1515491cd9d07f50b05b7f550e6990.gif

I was yelling for those announcers to shut up for half the game. It’s like they were on a date and half watching it.

Probably the worst TV sports announcers I’ve ever listened too.    This is why the Skycam games in college football are becoming  popular especially when they sync audio in with the college network announcers. Basketball needs something like Skycam.  

Archived