Tracy Rocker to the Eagles

Zeek

15 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Didn’t he promise Coach Harsin 2 years minimum?  It’s probably not in his contract but he is a man of his words. 

I would hope so

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, auburnspice said:

Because he just made a commitment to Auburn. I guess I'm just an old fool, but when a Man makes a commitment to someone, I would expect him to honor it. 

Every contract has an out. Acting like this is some honor nonsense when he got a promotion is dumb. 

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Every contract has an out. Acting like this is some honor nonsense when he got a promotion is dumb. 

I am not making this sound like an honor of any kind. I am talking about a man honoring his word. And I don't appreciate being called dumb.

1 minute ago, auburnspice said:

I am not making this sound like an honor of any kind. I am talking about a man honoring his word. And I don't appreciate being called dumb.

This is exactly why I don't post here anymore often than I do. My opinion is treated as trash.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

He left us once before for the NFL. I think he should just stay there. And if I’m Auburn, I’m not offering him another job ever again. 

Agreed. Time to move on from him as a coach.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

How can you be mad that he's taking a NFL job? Get real

Because he ditched us for the NFL once before. If that where you want to be, don’t put your alma mater through this crap multiple times. Just stay in the pros. 

7 minutes ago, auburnspice said:

This is exactly why I don't post here anymore often than I do. My opinion is treated as trash.

Settle down, snowflake.  I didn't call you dumb. Everyone has an opinion... 

9 minutes ago, auburnspice said:

This is business. He had a business agreement. In that agreement he can leave. He might have had to pay Auburn a buyout to leave. 

Fans get emotional about this, but it's not an honor thing. This is business. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Because he ditched us for the NFL once before. If that where you want to be, don’t put your alma mater through this crap multiple times. Just stay in the pros. 

He left for the Titans before I believe 

I’m on the side that says if you commit to something stay with it! He has had lots of jobs in recent years so he does get around a lot!

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He hates recruiting. Everyone pointed this out. Being out on the road is something he has to do. 

Probably better to have him gone vs two-three years of poor DT recruiting and him move on something else. 

He's gonna do what he likes, teaching. Just sucks he's leaving now after signing on. Hopefully we aren't stuck with a Boise coach

Boise DLplayed much better than ours have the past several years, even with our two first rounders from 2019.  

Honestly, they play much more sound.  That's what I hope to see with our DL.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He left us once before for the NFL. I think he should just stay there. And if I’m Auburn, I’m not offering him another job ever again. 

I’m not mad. But I agree that I would not offer him again. He obviously prefers to be elsewhere. 

I guess for 7 LONG seasons (2014-2020), he had bait in the water, but no NFL team bit. Until today. Harsh realities of the coaching profession.

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Meh...

Next coach up...

Be interested where this search goes. Luckily we aren't stuck with a guy solely with HS connections anymore, but I'd imagine the current talent pool is pretty bare

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Damn. He had the resume where all he had to do was say I want you and they would come

I’m not going to trash Rocker for moving on to the NFL. I’m also not going to pretend like it’s devastating. His heart obviously wasn’t in it and he jumped at the NFL opportunity.  I’m also not as convinced as you are concerning who he could get to come to AU. He can definitely coach them, but getting them hasn’t been his forte, so I’m a no-go on that.

Auburn will be fine without him.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

If CTR thought this move was an upgrade, then good for him. I’ll never fault someone for bettering their position. 

Thay said, your history leaves an impression. Not saying that it’s good or bad. 

Definitely depends on the ‘history..’

Yall's blind love for Auburn is pretty pathetic sometimes. Thinking a coach would turn down the NFL to stay here is laughable. Wish the man luck and keep it moving. 

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Settle down, snowflake.  I didn't call you dumb. Everyone has an opinion... 

This is business. He had a business agreement. In that agreement he can leave. He might have had to pay Auburn a buyout to leave. 

Fans get emotional about this, but it's not an honor thing. This is business. 

We have different perspectives. You're right, everyone has an opinion. Just have to leave it that.

27 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

I’m on the side that says if you commit to something stay with it! He has had lots of jobs in recent years so he does get around a lot!

While I completely understand the sentiment, I was raised as such, but in the business world things are not always as cut and dry. If you were offered a job making $100k a year, with decent benefits to go along with it. You accept the job because it fulfills the needs you require from an income level and you may even like that company. A few days later you get another call from a different company you applied for...maybe your top pick.....who is offering 150K and even better benefits and its a better job....you are telling me you aren't taking that because of honor? 

Now for one that I would side with you on. Let's say your an attorney. A man comes to you to ask for your representation in a divorce. He is good with paying your rate of $1k per hour. You tell him you will do it. Then she comes along and with your own money (had to throw that in there lol) offers the lawyer $1500 per hour to represent her....in that situation you already gave your word to the first man. There are different scenarios that can have different results and not make you a POS for choosing a better option for yourself. Everything isn't always black and white. Just my opinion. I wish TR the best and I think we will come out ahead in this thing.

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

hope this doesn’t happen

Lol that's foolish. We're not losing Mason to some position coach job at Texas.

1 hour ago, casatiger said:

I believe it is better this way.   Think if it happened in 6 months after he had recruited, retained, got invested and then up and left them.  Probably has not even unpacked his stuff.  Enjoy Philly.   Eat a cheesesteak for me.   

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, you're right.  This quick loss was probably coming soon anyway, so maybe it's better that it happened now.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Lol that's foolish. We're not losing Mason to some position coach job at Texas.

Think he's saying DC. Which I feel like would be a stretch too

Archived