Tracy Rocker to the Eagles

Zeek

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I just don’t understand leaving your Alma Mater to take a job in the NFL that’s only guaranteed to last a year. Didn’t he learn his lesson the last time? I’m sorry, but I wouldn’t give Tracey Rocker another phone call after this.

Dude, college coaches move on after a year all of the time.  It's been noted that he's not a fan of recruiting.  So now he gets to focus on coaching and nothing else.  Nothing surprising here.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, college coaches move on after a year all of the time.  It's been noted that he's not a fan of recruiting.  So now he gets to focus on coaching and nothing else.  Nothing surprising here.

And he knows he can always come back to the college game 

Well that is twice Rocker left us for the NFL. Dude is a great coach but he must really hate recruiting. 
it is a loss for sure but we can find another DL coach. 
Now Losing Mason would be an epic disaster for Harsin. Mason is THE MAN.  Hopefully he stays. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Well that is twice Rocker left us for the NFL. Dude is a great coach but he must really hate recruiting. 
it is a loss for sure but we can find another DL coach. 
Now Losing Mason would be an epic disaster for Harsin. Mason is THE MAN.  Hopefully he stays. 

Mason doesn't seem like the type to do that. He's been on staff doing work the longest thus far. I think he's invested. For now. 

For those who like to question why kids aren’t loyal to their schools anymore, let this serve as a reminder who they learned it from. If it is true that he’s really leaving, Rocker is looking out for his best interests. Kids know they have to do the same. 

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

And he knows he can always come back to the college game 

No. You don't leave 2 college programs in the span of 2 weeks. Why would any college hire him now?

image.gif.d3d8827bce826478944c5e3a9f67ed4b.gif

I wonder what all the DL recruits are thinking now, as I'm sure he called them and told them how excited he was to come home and coach them.  How he was going help make them and Auburn great.

Fine Tracy, go elsewhere.  Within a freaking month of committing to Auburn.  Just please, don't come back.

3 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I wonder what all the DL recruits are thinking now, as I'm sure he called them and told them how excited he was to come home and coach them.  How he was going help make them and Auburn great.

Fine Tracy, go elsewhere.  Within a freaking month of committing to Auburn.  Just please, don't come back.

They are gonna be like, “you got a chance to go to the NFL and be one of the 30 best at what you do?!!!  Helll yeah, go get yours Rock!!!!”

For F@@ks Sake, the NFL is the sign of greatness in the coaching world, be happy that we can attract coaches of his caliber at Auburn. 

Just now, auburnphan said:

They are gonna be like, “you got a chance to go to the NFL and be one of the 30 best at what you do?!!!  Helll yeah, go get yours Rock!!!!”

For F@@ks Sake, the NFL is the sign of greatness in the coaching world, be happy that we can attract coaches of his caliber at Auburn. 

Nah, I can't be happy for any coach that stays less than a month at a major rebuild at his alma mater.  Before he even coached a down of spring practice.

21 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

No. You don't leave 2 college programs in the span of 2 weeks. Why would any college hire him now?

Um...maybe because he is bloody good at what he does?

I believe it is better this way.   Think if it happened in 6 months after he had recruited, retained, got invested and then up and left them.  Probably has not even unpacked his stuff.  Enjoy Philly.   Eat a cheesesteak for me.   

10 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

maybe because he is bloody good at what he does?

You mean hopping jobs? Longest stay anywhere is 4 yrs and most much shorter.

As coach:

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

You mean hopping jobs? Longest stay anywhere is 4 yrs and most much shorter.

As coach:

So, he really is NOT a good DL coach?  

49 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Good lesson for Hars. We have work to do. 

Also Lupoli is a dream. Look for him to be Oregon's new defensive coordinator. 

Oregon filled the position with ex Fresno coach. 

Archived