Tracy Rocker to the Eagles

Zeek

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

So, he really is NOT a good DL coach?  

He was good for Fairley. Other than that, no idea - I don't follow DL coaches.

I’m OK with this.  He was never a good recruiter although he had the capability and resume to bring the kids in.  The Eagles will be his 13th job in his 19 year career.  Even though AU is his alma mater, he wasn’t staying long.  Best of luck to him.  He won’t be offered by AU again. 

55 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, college coaches move on after a year all of the time.  It's been noted that he's not a fan of recruiting.  So now he gets to focus on coaching and nothing else.  Nothing surprising here.

Great for him - but there’s no way Auburn should ever reach out again

49 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Mason doesn't seem like the type to do that. He's been on staff doing work the longest thus far. I think he's invested. For now. 

If Mason can go to NFL as DC or HC he should go as I think Rocker should also. It is obviously a better job as everyone is trying to get there.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

He was good for Fairley. Other than that, no idea - I don't follow DL coaches.

Got you

Football coaches really don't have a long shelf life. that he moved around like he has, doesn't mean much to me, especially since every place he's been working has been a premier program. South Carolina might not be the best, but it's still an SEC program.

That speaks. People want him. Probably means he's pretty bloody good at what he does.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well good luck to him. Glad we know but some of you should be relieved 

Good luck to coach . He’s welcome home any day . I believe he has always preferred the NFL. 

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Anyone know who else was in serious consideration before Rocker? I was excited to have this staff complete. Now seeing this and possibly Mason is 🤮🤮

What’s up with mason ??

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What’s up with mason ??

It’s just speculation that if Leslie Frazier gets the Texans job that he would try to get mason.

Tough news when it is a former player. NFL DL coach seems to fit his strengths though (focus on player development rather than identifying and recruiting new talent). Hopefully CBH makes another strong pick. 

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It’s just speculation that if Leslie Frazier gets the Texans job that he would try to get mason.

Just spoke with Mason . He said you would have to carry him outta Auburn in a pine box to get him out 

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

But OK to leave USCe to us?

Who said that? Luckily for him, he's gotten 3 jobs in 2 weeks. Each one a step up.

14 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Didn’t he promise Coach Harsin 2 years minimum?  It’s probably not in his contract but he is a man of his words. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Didn't he originally leave us for the Titans? He just left SCar. Honestly at this point I'm done with him.

He hates recruiting. Everyone pointed this out. Being out on the road is something he has to do. 

Probably better to have him gone vs two-three years of poor DT recruiting and him move on something else. 

He's gonna do what he likes, teaching. Just sucks he's leaving now after signing on. Hopefully we aren't stuck with a Boise coach

20 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What’s up with mason ??

They were together with the Minnesota Vikings from 2007-2009. Frazier DC. Mason Asst DB coach. After 2009, Mason left for Stanford. Frazier stayed on as DC, then interim HC, then HC through 2013.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

How can you be mad that he's taking a NFL job? Get real

Because he just made a commitment to Auburn. I guess I'm just an old fool, but when a Man makes a commitment to someone, I would expect him to honor it. 

Archived