Tracy Rocker to the Eagles

Zeek

2 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

A lot of your posts are hilarious too.  You just don't see it.

Anyone who commits to Auburn and quits two weeks later has worn out their welcome here.  In my opinion.

I don't even know you but Ok that's fine. Like I said hilarious

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Yeah. As I said, I bet he's had bait in the water for years. Out of the blue, one of his former colleagues gets a promotion and bam. I want to believe it caught him off guard. He had to go.

Nobody will care. Only a few has even thought about this

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think your alma mater should get a little better consideration than just any old college job, yes. I won’t apologize for that. 

Look, leave me once for your “dream,” fine. Godspeed. Leave me twice, this time two weeks after taking the job?  There won’t be a third opportunity. Hope things work you for you. 

That’s a fair assessment on the rehire. However, don’t get upset with Rocker because he has a skill set that is desirable by the highest level of his occupation. He only needs to worry about himself and his family’s future. Auburn sure as hell wouldn’t keep him around if the Harsin era turns out to be a failure. 

Just now, cole256 said:

I don't know you either, but you reach a certain level of hilarity yourself.

I don't want to make enemies among Auburn people, so let me say War Eagle cole.

5 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

A lot of your posts are hilarious too.  You just don't see it.

Anyone who commits to Auburn and quits two weeks later has worn out their welcome here.  In my opinion.

Man y'all gotta stop acting like the sad girlfriend. 

The NFL >> Auburn 

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

For all we know he couldn't stay and for all we know this was his one opportunity back. Maybe he has a dream of being a coordinator to get to a coach. It's the NFL

Africa Americans in the NFL isn't as far along as most places with that type stuff

Well, that didn’t take long. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

"I don't even recognize your username" is always a solid burn 😀😀😀

38 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Did you confuse this as the university of Texas? Bc the talk is for the Texans (nfl). And I don’t know whether it would be a DC offer or position coach.

Supposedly turned down an NFL offer and choice Auburn.....key word supposedly

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He hates recruiting. Everyone pointed this out. Being out on the road is something he has to do. 

Probably better to have him gone vs two-three years of poor DT recruiting and him move on something else. 

He's gonna do what he likes, teaching. Just sucks he's leaving now after signing on. Hopefully we aren't stuck with a Boise coach

Do you honestly think Harsin would have hired someone that hates recruiting?

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

Do you honestly think Harsin would have hired someone that hates recruiting?

I mean. We literally know he doesn't like recruiting. He doesn't like being on the road 

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

that could be the Auburn glasses on.... If he had zero tires to Auburn would you be bothered?

Honestly may not have even heard about it if it happened at another school.
You have valid points.

Now if it was a different coach this would be disappointing no doubt. However, isn’t this his 2nd time? I understand coaches come and go, but after 2 weeks, your alma mater. You went to pros, back to colleges, and home, then bolt back to pros. 
Disappointed for the program. I’m not mad, just looking towards the future! 

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean. We literally know he doesn't like recruiting. He doesn't like being on the road 

Yeah almost a decade ago.....and who told you the same people that was oh so accurate about everything with Gus? Or maybe the people that were super accurate with the coaching candidates? I don't take anybody 's word about people's personalities and stuff

6 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

That’s a fair assessment on the rehire. However, don’t get upset with Rocker because he has a skill set that is desirable by the highest level of his occupation. He only needs to worry about himself and his family’s future. Auburn sure as hell wouldn’t keep him around if the Harsin era turns out to be a failure. 

I'm not upset with Rocker "because he has a skill set that is desirable by the highest level of his occupation."  I'm not happy that a guy got a chance to leave a perennially mediocre program to coach at his alma mater and is bailing 10 days into the job and that he's left us twice now for the pros.  I'm not saying he's persona non grata at Auburn from now on.  I'm just saying, if it's all business to him, it's all business to us too - and we're done being his fall back.

If this was the troy coach guy doing this to go to Arkansas....oh ok. I get it. This is an auburn legend that has an opportunity in the NFL where they can't even get guys to even pretend to hire African American coaches and he's stepping out before it gets started. We haven't even had any workouts yet. I could even see if it was in the middle of the season.....

If it wasn't for his d line we wouldn't even have that 2010 title because the secondary and linebackers minus Josh bynes was trash. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah almost a decade ago.....and who told you the same people that was oh so accurate about everything with Gus? Or maybe the people that were super accurate with the coaching candidates? I don't take anybody 's word about people's personalities and stuff

It's not a knock against him. Go be happy. Ppl need to stop being mad

16 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I don't know you either, but you reach a certain level of hilarity yourself.

I don't want to make enemies among Auburn people, so let me say War Eagle cole.

Between me and you we'll see....

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't argue if you don't want to offer him anymore. Ok. But the resentment for what this man has already given Auburn on top of the issues he has to over come on top it's not let he took a step down but a step up is hilarious to me. You can never give enough people will never be happy

Auburn has given to Rocker much as they got.  Not only did he get a chance to come to a major college program, earn a college degree for free, get the best coaching, training and nutrition and healthcare along the way, and make his case for a shot at the league, we've paid him well into six figures whenever he has come to coach here.  It ain't like we pulled on the heartstrings and asked him to coach DL on a volunteer basis out of love for Auburn.  He was set to make half a million dollars this time around.

But it's clear that he sees Auburn as a fall back when something else isn't available and I think we deserve better than that.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If this was the troy coach guy doing this to go to Arkansas....oh ok. I get it. This is an auburn legend that has an opportunity in the NFL where they can't even get guys to even pretend to hire African American coaches and he's stepping out before it gets started. We haven't even had any workouts yet. I could even see if it was in the middle of the season.....

If it wasn't for his d line we wouldn't even have that 2010 title because the secondary and linebackers minus Josh bynes was trash. 

NFL is fine with hiring black coaches, just not head coaches 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Auburn has given to Rocker much as they got.  Not only did he get a chance to come to a major college program, earn a college degree for free, get the best coaching, training and nutrition and healthcare along the way, and make his case for a shot at the league, we've paid him well into six figures whenever he has come to coach here.  It ain't like we pulled on the heartstrings and asked him to coach DL on a volunteer basis out of love for Auburn.  He was set to make half a million dollars this time around.

But it's clear that he sees Auburn as a fall back when something else isn't available and I think we deserve better than that.

The next guy we hire if he'd get a call to the NFL would do the same damn thing and given as much? Please

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

This is pretty ridiculous and one sided. 

It's almost like you think Rocker is a possession of Auburn's and he gave nothing to Auburn during his years as a player 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Between me and you we'll see....

No, I'm not gonna make enemies here under any circumstances.

Archived