Tracy Rocker to the Eagles

Zeek

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, beagle34 said:

On a positive note,this looks like an opportunity to hire an better  recruiter.

Hard to argue with that!

Just now, beagle34 said:

On a positive note,this looks like an opportunity to hire an better  recruiter.

I agree. I think rocker is one hell of a coach, and I think he can indeed get these kids to the next level, But if he wants to leave after one week then don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

When you see it. Call it out. Say its

wrong. Stop supporting racist politicians, business men, etc. We can all do better at calling out racism. 

That's part of the problem. Everybody trying to call out people for something. I have literally seen white people call out black people as being racist. 

If there is actual racism...I will stand and fight it with anyone. So many things today are deemed racist that actually aren't it has diminished actual racism. See like you....Stop supporting racist politicians....I have never supported a racist politician, but I have been called racist for supporting the former POTUS because of a lie that he is racist. Not one shred of evidence to show he has a racist bone in his body. Just a narrative spun to perfection by those that dislike him and the media. 

If somebody calls out something they believe to be racist and you point out an objective point that counters their claim or even ask why they believe it is racist (it seems to be purely subjective in this day and age) then you must be racist yourself for posing a counter argument or inquiring to the motive of said racist incident. 

Im done with this conversation, I normally do no indulge, but I couldn't hold back after the moronic take that because someone is white they do not have to think about race. How can anyone today not have to think about it when you can't even have a football forum without every topic turning to that. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No we have one but you want to do that hide the fact stuff

No ‘we’ don’t. You, however, obviously do. You’re just not someone I especially think about. But you go all paranoid if you draw a response. Carry on, though.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That's part of the problem. Everybody trying to call out people for something. I have literally seen white people call out black people as being racist. 

If there is actual racism...I will stand and fight it with anyone. So many things today are deemed racist that actually aren't it has diminished actual racism. See like you....Stop supporting racist politicians....I have never supported a racist politician, but I have been called racist for supporting the former POTUS because of a lie that he is racist. Not one shred of evidence to show he has a racist bone in his body. Just a narrative spun to perfection by those that dislike him and the media. 

If somebody calls out something they believe to be racist and you point out an objective point that counters their claim or even ask why they believe it is racist (it seems to be purely subjective in this day and age) then you must be racist yourself for posing a counter argument or inquiring to the motive of said racist incident. 

Im done with this conversation, I normally do no indulge, but I couldn't hold back after the moronic take that because someone is white they do not have to think about race. How can anyone today not have to think about it when you can't even have a football forum without every topic turning to that. 

But this is objective and you say you usually don't talk but this is your 4th rant I've seen about somebody saying something is racist, I just wish I could see this type of passion against the actual racist and not the person that could be the victim......but that's just me

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And it means that white guys aren't the only guys interested in coaching and leadership positions.

Right, and since coaching requires a grand total of zero athletic ability, you need to default to the overall demographics of:

1) Total population to choose from.

2) Total interested number of members within each population.

Both of those parameters are going to skew heavily in one direction. The fact that football is a black-dominated sport actually increases participation of white coaches because most of those guys are weeded out of playing VERY early. You have a giant population of people who grew up around football but who have zero chance of making it as players. Most of the best coaches, regardless of sport, are people with intense passion for the game who simply never had the capacity to play at a high level. Hence they are able to devote so much time to mastering coaching and "strategy".

Back to the OP, as I type this there is not another legit site reporting TR leaving. Pete Thamel has been wrong once or twice before. 

Just now, cole256 said:

But this is objective and you say you usually don't talk but this is your 4th rant I've seen about somebody saying something is racist, I just wish I could see this type of passion against the actual racist and not the person that could be the victim......but that's just me

Well, maybe if you knew me in the real world you wouldn't have to look very far. Point me to the "actual racist" and I will show you. Just throwing up the word racism at every turn is not the way.

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Back to the OP, as I type this there is not another legit site reporting TR leaving. Pete Thamel has been wrong once or twice before. 

Wouldn’t that make fools of this thread!🤣😆🤣

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You ‘talk about it’ cole, but no one else can?  I see your game.

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It was absolutely viable in this discussion and I won't be hushed about inequalitybecause somebody doesn't want to hear about it. What you should say is you don't want to hear anything racist......

I didn't want to talk about race and argue everybody on earth knows how the NFL is. I didn't think it would be an argument. But the fact that he may have an opportunity he knows he'll never get again is a big variable that many haven't thought about in this equation

I can talk about how my grandfather is Native American and I can tell everyone how terrible the reservations are... this was there land and look where they are... How many native Americans are in the NFL... but this is an auburn football board. There’s a time and place for everything. 
If this continues the auburn fans are going to leave this board. Me included. I know you won’t care but it is fun to have people around to talk about Auburn football.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

only 4 times out of the hundreds of post and threads about it? I would say that less than 10% would qualify "usually" as a proper term.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Weird, I know that I am not racist and not once do I ever have to think before I do something if it is racist or not.  

If only that’s the way it worked. There are plenty of people out there sitting on ready to decide that for you, now.

This conversation hails from years ago, when Rocker left the first time:

Rocker: "My wife asked me what I had left to accomplish at Auburn. I had to answer 'Nothing'."  Remembering this is what puzzled me about AU approaching him this time.

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

No ‘we’ don’t. You, however, obviously do. You’re just not someone I especially think about. But you go all paranoid if you draw a response. Carry on, though.

Yeah let's just put

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Right, and since coaching requires a grand total of zero athletic ability, you need to default to the overall demographics of:

1) Total population to choose from.

2) Total interested number of members within each population.

Both of those parameters are going to skew heavily in one direction. The fact that football is a black-dominated sport actually increases participation of white coaches because most of those guys are weeded out of playing VERY early. You have a giant population of people who grew up around football but who have zero chance of making it as players. Most of the best coaches, regardless of sport, are people with intense passion for the game who simply never had the capacity to play at a high level. Hence they are able to devote so much time to mastering coaching and "strategy".

That's so mathematically wrong but I'll let that slide I'd rather focus on the guys who can't play but have passion the best coach myth. You're smart enough to know how stupid that is. First of all that would be completely skewed sinceblacks weren't allowed to coach. I guess only men they can't play are good owners and gm's as well?

There legit is only about 10 people on here that post that legit know what they talk about I would say you are one. But you already have tried to argue some other racist stuff with me and if you are trying to argue that there's no problem with race in leadership positions in the NFL.....I mean we're not friends or anything but just block or ignore me because that will mean that we don't have anything to talk about

6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Well, maybe if you knew me in the real world you wouldn't have to look very far. Point me to the "actual racist" and I will show you. Just throwing up the word racism at every turn is not the way.

Cool so ranting about it when it didn't happen isn't the way either. When you actually see somebody do it, have at it

Just now, cole256 said:

Cool so ranting about it when it didn't happen isn't the way either. When you actually see somebody do it, have at it

Oh If I see it I will do as I have always done. No worries there. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I know nothing about him. What is he doing now?

I know Jeremy Pruitt fired him which is probably a good thing as far as his character.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There legit is only about 10 people on here that post that legit know what they talk about I would say you are one

Oh man. I sure am glad I am in the upper 10. Sorry to the rest of you scum.

Archived