Okeke, Okoro NBA Talk

REALTORTiger

• 2 weeks later...

Okoro continuing to log more minutes than any rookie and continuing to draw the top defensive assignment every night. He's also scored in double figures in seven of the last 10 games (9.2 ppg) while shooting 50% from 2, 35% from 3, and 70% from the FT line. My guess is, he's starting to look like everything they ever hoped he would be this early. He just turned 20, only about 5 months older than Jalen Suggs at Gonzaga and Sharife Cooper. There's no telling where he goes from here, but he certainly looks like a double figure scorer and future All-Defense type of player.

• Like 6

I really don’t know how I just noticed this thread, but holy crap... I don’t think I have seen a worst take on this forum.

There’s a reason Okoro is playing more minutes than anyone other rookie. Because of his D

Chuma is currently averaged over 40% 3pt shooting for the season, in his first year playing since the injury.

Idk... personally, I don’t think this guy should be able to post in the Basketball forum anymore. These are literally troll takes.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Okoro continuing to log more minutes than any rookie and continuing to draw the top defensive assignment every night. He's also scored in double figures in seven of the last 10 games (9.2 ppg) while shooting 50% from 2, 35% from 3, and 70% from the FT line. My guess is, he's starting to look like everything they ever hoped he would be this early. He just turned 20, only about 5 months older than Jalen Suggs at Gonzaga and Sharife Cooper. There's no telling where he goes from here, but he certainly looks like a double figure scorer and future All-Defense type of player.

hes also shot around 40% from 3 in his last 6 games apparently

The OP is about as wrong as ever, one of the worst posters in the history of the internet. Neither of those two fragments, being anything new

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I really don’t know how I just noticed this thread, but holy crap... I don’t think I have seen a worst take on this forum.

There’s a reason Okoro is playing more minutes than anyone else on the entire cavs roster.

Chuma is currently averaged over 40% 3pt shooting for the season, in his first year playing since the injury.

Idk... personally, I don’t think this guy should be able to post in the Basketball forum anymore. These are literally troll takes.

I like trolls occasionally, bc they keep things entertaining and unite us sane people when we're bickering. But this guy is so in belief of his nonsense takes, that it just becomes a chore. I dont truly want him banned, but I do think you have to put stakes and weight behind garbage posting. You think Auburn is going to be terrible with 2 5 stars, 4 top 80 guys, yadda yadda yadda, you put your account up unconditionally. Damn if anyone else chooses to bet with you

• Like 1

It's more than just numbers to determine how well a player is doing. It's what you are asked to do and how well do you do that. Right now okoro defense is his priority. Knock down some occasional 3's will be very helpful. He's number 3 or 4 as far as offensive responsibility right now. He was drafted because the future backcourt of the team are small and he's needed to even up mismatches. The Cavs are actually a versatile 4 away from being a good team. Well at least as far as the starters go.

As far as okeke everybody already sees how special of a player he is. If he can stay healthy people don't know the havoc that he and Isaac will make all over the NBA. If both of those guys are completely healthy they will be a surprise team in the East and I'd guarantee it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’d be a fun pair to watch. Defensively both guys are pluses, and their offensive games should jibe well for some big-to-big two-man game. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's more than just numbers to determine how well a player is doing. It's what you are asked to do and how well do you do that. Right now okoro defense is his priority. Knock down some occasional 3's will be very helpful. He's number 3 or 4 as far as offensive responsibility right now. He was drafted because the future backcourt of the team are small and he's needed to even up mismatches. The Cavs are actually a versatile 4 away from being a good team. Well at least as far as the starters go.

As far as okeke everybody already sees how special of a player he is. If he can stay healthy people don't know the havoc that he and Isaac will make all over the NBA. If both of those guys are completely healthy they will be a surprise team in the East and I'd guarantee it.

Evan Mobley would do wonders for that team. might not have an optimal three ball w being alonside a non shooting 5 and an ever improving 3 in Okoro, but the athleticism and versatiltyyyy

• 4 weeks later...

Last night Isaac Okoro finished with 12 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and a block in a 103-94 victory for the Cavs over the Bulls.  Chuma Okeke scored a career-high 17 points on 6-of-6 shooting from the field and 4-of-4 from deep in the Magic’s 112-111 victory over the Suns.  That's pretty terrible for essentially two rookies.  :slapfh:

• Like 1

The fact that they are shopping Gordon shows that they are very much so intrigued by okeke. 

Okoro has been starting since his feet has touched Cleveland. 

To think these guys are busts......I know it's a problem when I say it but you really just don't know what you are talking about when you say something like that

• Like 3

I can tell you that the Magic are very happy with Chuma and his progress. He's a great teammate and team player. As for Gordon its time for him  to go he's 25 and I don't think he will improve anymore then where he is at now.

Love seeing Okeke and Okoro showing out in the pros. Okeke finally seems to be getting his flow back after the injury and basically full year without playing

On 1/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, REALTORTiger said:

both Okeke and Okoro are going to be huge busts.  Okoro has been the 7th worst player in the NBA by PER and Okeke gets hurt if you breathe on him.  

8 weeks removed from this epic take and now it emanates like an egg that rolled out of a shopping bag and lodged under the driver seat.  

• Like 1

Stinks that both Okeke and Okoro are stuck on teams that are shedding players to rebuild but will likely keep the young talent. I hope they can move to teams with a pulse in the near future. 

37 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Stinks that both Okeke and Okoro are stuck on teams that are shedding players to rebuild but will likely keep the young talent. I hope they can move to teams with a pulse in the near future. 

The Cavs have a really promising young roster. Sexton, Garland, Okoro, and Allen can grow together and become something really special, IMO. I don't get to watch every game they play but I watched the Cavs/Bulls game last night and if you just look at stats you don't realize what a special player Okoro is at such a young age. He is so freaking tenacious on defense and never quits and it becomes infectious with the other guys. Now he's starting to be a bit more agressive on offense with driving to the bucket and his 3 point percentage is sitting at like 38% over his last 12 games.

There was a play last night that really stood out to me. There was a loose ball and him and another Cavs player dove for it before it just bounced to an open man in the corner. Okoro was on his feet and back on defense with a hand in the shooters face to cause him to miss what should have been a wide open 3. It was only about a second or two but I was impressed with how fast he was able to recover and make the shooter miss.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The Cavs have a really promising young roster. Sexton, Garland, Okoro, and Allen can grow together and become something really special, IMO. I don't get to watch every game they play but I watched the Cavs/Bulls game last night and if you just look at stats you don't realize what a special player Okoro is at such a young age. He is so freaking tenacious on defense and never quits and it becomes infectious with the other guys. Now he's starting to be a bit more agressive on offense with driving to the bucket and his 3 point percentage is sitting at like 38% over his last 12 games.

There was a play last night that really stood out to me. There was a loose ball and him and another Cavs player dove for it before it just bounced to an open man in the corner. Okoro was on his feet and back on defense with a hand in the shooters face to cause him to miss what should have been a wide open 3. It was only about a second or two but I was impressed with how fast he was able to recover and make the shooter miss.

Yeah those are some nice young talents for sure. The Magic and Cavs (without LJ) have just never really been good franchises. The Cavs have a bad PR problem with players in that Gilbert is their owner and he is not liked by players. So its going to be hard for them to attract and keep their free agents. I think the Magic are just a small market team so they will never spend enough money to actually compete. I hope Okeke and Okoro can find success at their current spots but i think its more likely they will have to play out their rookie contracts and move on to better franchises. 

40 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Yeah those are some nice young talents for sure. The Magic and Cavs (without LJ) have just never really been good franchises. The Cavs have a bad PR problem with players in that Gilbert is their owner and he is not liked by players. So its going to be hard for them to attract and keep their free agents. I think the Magic are just a small market team so they will never spend enough money to actually compete. I hope Okeke and Okoro can find success at their current spots but i think its more likely they will have to play out their rookie contracts and move on to better franchises. 

I am thinking that both teams are going to be better in a year or two.  

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 8:23 PM, Maverick.AU said:

There’s a reason Okoro is playing more minutes than anyone other rookie. Because of his D

I have finally figured what Realtor Tiger is doing. He is trying to see how far he can go before one of the Mods says enough is enough and bye bye.

12 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I have finally figured what Realtor Tiger is doing. He is trying to see how far he can go before one of the Mods says enough is enough and bye bye.

Happen already.................bye bye

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Happen already.................bye bye

Thank you

On 3/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, cole256 said:

his 3 took a big step once he was more willing to do so during that March run here...same thing has been happening for Orlando recently. He has a stroke! (pause) 

the defensive aspect has been there whenever I follow the guys performance. His team praised his D since the literal jump. Once Markelle comes back, I could see him getting at least 7 open 3s a game man...they should be a great pairing

10 hours ago, auadmin said:

8 weeks removed from this epic take and now it emanates like an egg that rolled out of a shopping bag and lodged under the driver seat.  

his dumb ass usage of that PER stat doesnt account for this guy having to defend the #1 option on EVERY team....and it was like a murderer's row as I remember. Not to mention this Cavs team had one of the worst defenses ever the preceding season, so they all had to improve

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 7:43 AM, REALTORTiger said:

both Okeke and Okoro are going to be huge busts.  Okoro has been the 7th worst player in the NBA by PER and Okeke gets hurt if you breathe on him.  

So that means Pearl did one helluva job winning a lot of games coaching up these 'busts'. Right?

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

his 3 took a big step once he was more willing to do so during that March run here...same thing has been happening for Orlando recently. He has a stroke! (pause) 

the defensive aspect has been there whenever I follow the guys performance. His team praised his D since the literal jump. Once Markelle comes back, I could see him getting at least 7 open 3s a game man...they should be a great pairing

When he first signed at Auburn all I kept harping on was the things he'd do on defense that would change the game for us , and how he'd create so many mismatches naturally that teams would be clueless in coming up with a game plan hoping to stop us during a tournament.

• Like 1