Okeke, Okoro NBA Talk

REALTORTiger

Yeah, I think it's safe to say Isaac is playing up to his draft position.

• Like 2

Okoro scored 22 points (8-20 FG, 3-8 3Pt, 3-4 FT) to go along with 10 rebounds, four assists and one steal across 43 minutes in Monday's loss to the Pacers.

Okoro managed his first career double-double thanks to a massive 43-minute workload. He also managed at least three triples for only the fifth time this season, pacing him to score 20 points for the third time in his last 12 games. Aided by numerous members of the rotation currently absent from game action, Okoro appears to be headed for a strong conclusion to his rookie campaign.

Both Okoro and Okeke are playing way better then i expected this season. I thought it would take Okoro a couple years in the league before we started seeing 20 pt games from him. And i figured that would have people who dont understand what brings to a team questioning why he went so high in the draft. But he has settled in nicely on the offensive side. And with okeke it was just going to be a crap shoot on how long it took him to knock off the rust and gain confidence in his knee again. Some guys are just never the same but Okeke seems to be getting back to his old self. Love seeing both these young men do so well. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, Maverick.AU said:

A week old, but:

Kid is a baller. Can't wait to see how he develops over the years. I kind of wanted him to go to a better team so he could be around some veterans, but, getting the type of minutes he has has also done wonders to his growth as a player. 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Dude was an iron man, I hope he gets at least in the top 8 voting for all-rookie. at least that.

Based solely upon the hype sheet Cleveland put out about him, I wouldn't think that would be so unlikely...

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Based solely upon the hype sheet Cleveland put out about him, I wouldn't think that would be so unlikely...

A lot of NBA awards factor in narratives and fan love. That’s why I don’t even think a top 5 is really possible, just cuz Okoro doesn’t get love outside of the occasional bleacher reports post. Edwards, LaMelo, Halliburton, Cole Anthony, Imanuel Quickley, id put a lot down that at least 4 out of the final top 5 comes from that group 

Incomplete list too. Okeke is a rookie and a candidate for the All-Rookie team.

How much do I believe in Okeke and Okoro?  I was willing to literally put my money where my mouth is and acquire two auto cards for my collectibles portion of my investment portfolio.  I plan on expanding as Auburn continues to churn out NBA players.  Oh how far we have come...

PSA Graded Okeke and Okoro Auto.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

How much do I believe in Okeke and Okoro?  I was willing to literally put my money where my mouth is and acquire two auto cards for my collectibles portion of my investment portfolio.  I plan on expanding as Auburn continues to churn out NBA players.  Oh how far we have come...

PSA Graded Okeke and Okoro Auto.jpg

Sweet!