Null

Consider the fact that Auburn had to hire Brian Harsin

HarsinVOL

I just saw on  Finebum the interview with Coach Harsin on Today's Finebum show. I am very impressed with  Coach Harsin as a person. He is a classy guy. I hope his coaching ability is as good as he projects himself on TV . He certainly has more class than that midget across the state that has absolutely no class whatsoever.  I am absolutely  fed up with Saban  as to how he treats reporters when they would ask questions that he does not like. For God's sake they were just doing their job.  What an ahole!!

WDE!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Slammer1 said:

I just saw on  Finebum the interview with Coach Harsin on Today's Finebum show. I am very impressed with  Coach Harsin as a person. He is a classy guy. I hope his coaching ability is as good as he projects himself on TV . He certainly has more class than that midget across the state that has absolutely no class whatsoever.  I am absolutely  fed up with Saban  as to how he treats reporters when they would ask questions that he does not like. For God's sake they were just doing their job.  What an ahole!!

WDE!

When was the you saw a football coach win at the same level Saban/Belichick have won and showed class, niceness, humility or kindness?  They're both jerks and everyone knows it. 

7 hours ago, keesler said:

When was the you saw a football coach win at the same level Saban/Belichick have won and showed class, niceness, humility or kindness?  They're both jerks and everyone knows it. 

Tom Landry. Mack Brown reached the top tier but didn't stay. Bo Schembechler was said to be a decent guy by some, but we know about his counterpart Woody Hayes. Paterno was said to be a nice guy until the truth surfaced. It's a mixed bag, maybe more a-holes than not. 

9 hours ago, keesler said:

I will admit that I first liked what u said then I thought for 1 second.  This is same argument that someone who is good at their job but won't walk all over people don't succeed in professional world. That simply isnt true.  If u find ur situation, u can succeed, not be an a**hole, and still sleep at night.  Just because the 2 coaches you named have been successful doesnt mean there isnt another formula that equals same success without the a**hole level

• WarTiger changed the title to Consider the fact that Auburn had to hire Brian Harsin
On 1/26/2021 at 4:17 PM, bigbird said:

I guess Mikey was wrong. We fired Gus and we didn't become UTk

That's plain silly. You should, and probably do, know better. We very well might be UTk and just don't know it yet.

Currently we are happy with the Harsin hire. Florida fans were initially happy with first McElwane and then Muschamp. Texas fans were initially happy with,,,,,an endless string of failures. Fans of UTk were initially happy with Jones, then Pruitt. With all their resources, Alabama hired and fired four coaches between Stallings and Saban. I could go on, the list is endless.

We are happy with the Harsin hire today. The odds greatly favor us firing Harsin and one or more of his successors before we stop being Tennessee. Do I hope we'll do better than Florida, Texas, UAT, Tennessee and dozens of other schools? Certainly. Do logic and the odds favor us being in the same boat as these other schools who have multiple failures? Yes they do. We're more likely to become one of the Tennessee types than not.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, you're correct. Thinking we'd turn into UTk if we fired Gus, was indeed silly

well we did let that dumpster fire beat us a couple of years ago. there was no excuse for that one mr bird. what say yee mr bird? and who changes the paper in your cage? grins

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yes, you're correct. Thinking we'd turn into UTk if we fired Gus, was indeed silly

We might be UTk right now. We won't know for certain until some few seasons pass. Thinking otherwise is what's silly. Texas A&M went 16 years between R.C. Slocum and Jimbo Fisher and the jury is still out on Fisher. The Aggies have more money, more rich alumni and more political pull than AU has. That also applies to the other teams I named above. If those schools couldn't avoid being UTk, why should we?

Do you have any logical reason to think we will beat the odds and fare better than the richer, bigger schools I've named?