15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Looks to be 20%

Dang, who figured that out for you? 😝 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Looks to be 20%

He's right handed so I'm thinking 50%. :)

Normally when a recruit commits to another school or is close to committing to another school I don't say we didn't really want him. I believe he was on our board but not near the top. He looks to me like a great athlete playing QB who will do well with run game but pass game with just over 50% completion rate and only 2 TD to 1 Interception average so he would be a project. 

That doesn't say he won't develop but I just don't believe he was near top of our board. That is my Opinion not based on any inside knowledge. 

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Normally when a recruit commits to another school or is close to committing to another school I don't say we didn't really want him. I believe he was on our board but not near the top. He looks to me like a great athlete playing QB who will do well with run game but pass game with just over 50% completion rate and only 2 TD to 1 Interception average so he would be a project. 

That doesn't say he won't develop but I just don't believe he was near top of our board. That is my Opinion not based on any inside knowledge. 

@AuburnNTexas last I saw from Keith was he was near the top and we did want him.

Might be mistaken but think I saw where our Staff had 3* Geriner at top of our board even with 5* Simpson and above Stockton, Bailey, and Brown who have higher Composites than HG. I don't know if any of these recruits would want to enroll where their QB coach did not have them No.1 QB in their respective classes. Then again maybe they (specifically Brown) would have something to prove.

5 hours ago, autan said:

Might be mistaken but think I saw where our Staff had 3* Geriner at top of our board even with 5* Simpson and above Stockton, Bailey, and Brown who have higher Composites than HG. I don't know if any of these recruits would want to enroll where their QB coach did not have them No.1 QB in their respective classes. Then again maybe they (specifically Brown) would have something to prove.

@autan I wasn’t including Geriner  in my post because he’s already committed. Also there can be more than one player at the top of a board.

I'm sorry but holy smokes our recruiting (and really entire athletic program) is bad right now. And unless we dramatically beat expectations this year I don't see it getting better.

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I'm sorry but holy smokes our recruiting (and really entire athletic program) is bad right now. And unless we dramatically beat expectations this year I don't see it getting better.

What expectations this year? 

We were picked fairly low for both our softball and baseball teams, and so far they are not even meeting that level, but it's still early.

Equestrian is great. Tennis is not bad. Golf is good. Soccer seems  improved. SW/Diving is getting better on the womens side, but not the men's.

Football is under a new regime, and recruiting is too early to give an analysis on. The staff HAS picked up on evaluating and offering, and is on a frenzy pace of late, and that is a great sign.

BAsketball recruiting has been great the last few years, and Bruce has definitely elevated our program to where it hadn't been before, and is in a rebuilding stage unfortunately w all the losses of upperclassmen the last 2 years. He will get it right again I am sure.

Baseball recruiting has been really good under Butch. The problem is we seem to struggle out of the gate and his teams have to play catchup to get into the NCAAs. But he did take team WS last year, so can't argue about the overall program other than this years team is certainly very disappointing. 

6 hours ago, steeleagle said:

What expectations this year? 

We were picked fairly low for both our softball and baseball teams, and so far they are not even meeting that level, but it's still early.

Equestrian is great. Tennis is not bad. Golf is good. Soccer seems  improved. SW/Diving is getting better on the womens side, but not the men's.

Football is under a new regime, and recruiting is too early to give an analysis on. The staff HAS picked up on evaluating and offering, and is on a frenzy pace of late, and that is a great sign.

BAsketball recruiting has been great the last few years, and Bruce has definitely elevated our program to where it hadn't been before, and is in a rebuilding stage unfortunately w all the losses of upperclassmen the last 2 years. He will get it right again I am sure.

Baseball recruiting has been really good under Butch. The problem is we seem to struggle out of the gate and his teams have to play catchup to get into the NCAAs. But he did take team WS last year, so can't argue about the overall program other than this years team is certainly very disappointing. 

I hope you're right.

Archived